The Texans current pick | Page 264 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

My biggest concern with Chase is that he's mediocre early in his route. He's young and beat up on some good CB's despite it, but it's a bigger issue than Smith's weight imo.
I don't think Chase is slam-dunk either.

That's the thing. There are those who think any criticism of a 'bama player is somehow about them personally... or instead, designed to build up a different player. Neither is true.

Last edited:
Well no I can’t really find anybody that gives a sh*t about criticism of a Bama player. I’ve read ridiculous criticisms of players from all over the country here for 12 years.

I know how good of a player Smitty is and don’t need some fool on the internet to validate it. No matter what their anti-schtick is.

I don’t think some of you even understand what the conversation really is. I don’t care who Miami drafts and would prefer they avoid every Bama player to be quite honest. I hoped it for Tua’s sake but it wasn’t to be.

I’m all for comparing players and debating skill sets. Combing game film and discussing traits. Hearing the point of view from certain posters that have proven themselves as knowing what they’re doing. Nobody is more critical of Alabama players and coaches than I am. Like that sad sack of sand Droykwan.

You just don’t know what you don’t know.

Being overly critical of every single Bama player and confessing broad theories on age and value doesn’t prove a damn thing to me. None of it is revolutionary. Nor is it reliable.

I want to know who can play and who can’t. More importantly, why.

Take a look around and see who’s churning out the best pros. I know a few of you won’t like what you find. That’s why I’m still here.

Well no I can’t really find anybody that gives a sh*t about criticism of a Bama player. I’ve read ridiculous criticisms of players from all over the country here for 12 years.

I know how good of a player Smitty is and don’t need some fool on the internet to validate it. No matter what their anti-schtick is.

I don’t think some of you even understand what the conversation really is. I don’t care who Miami drafts and would prefer they avoid every Bama player to be quite honest. I hoped it for Tua’s sake but it wasn’t to be.

I’m all for comparing players and debating skill sets. Combing game film and discussing traits. Hearing the point of view from certain posters that have proven themselves as knowing what they’re doing. Nobody is more critical of Alabama players and coaches than I am. Like that sad sack of sand Droykwan.

You just don’t know what you don’t know.

Being overly critical of every single Bama player and confessing broad theories on age and value doesn’t prove a damn thing to me. None of it is revolutionary. Nor is it reliable.

I want to know who can play and who can’t. More importantly, why.

Take a look around and see who’s churning out the best pros. I know a few of you won’t like what you find. That’s why I’m still here.

The only time I've really disagreed with your analysis was your view of Jimmy Clausen. But I understood the thinking behind it.

The only time I've really disagreed with your analysis was your view of Jimmy Clausen. But I understood the thinking behind it.

I disagreed with everyone’s analysis of Sam Bradford - which was the genesis of my take on Clausen. I never said Clausen was a franchise quarterback, but somebody had to be QB1 in that class and it couldn’t be Bradford for me.

The only QB’s I was convinced were going to be franchise players since I’ve been posting here are Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, and Tua.

Chalk one up for yourself. You earned it.

I disagreed with everyone’s analysis of Sam Bradford - which was the genesis of my take on Clausen. I never said Clausen was a franchise quarterback, but somebody had to be QB1 in that class and it couldn’t be Bradford for me.

The only QB’s I was convinced were going to be franchise players since I’ve been posting here are Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, and Tua.

Chalk one up for yourself. You earned it.

I think Tua has more potential than Ryan, Luck, and Darnold. Allen is hard to say because his physical tools are uniquely rare. But Tua's processing speed is uniquely rare. I can't decide which one I rather have. I am leaning to Tua's processing speed, but I need to see it come together with someone better than a 7th round pick option QB

Confirmation people involved with the Dolphins front office post here that are directly responsible for the absence of skill position talent in Miami.

reading comprehension is not your strong point is it. Quit being an over sensitive Bama fan and read first and respond second. I gave facts regarding the WR position and how it is the one position where you can get burned early or score late. would love Smith on our team, and we can trade back 4-5 picks and still get him and add more draft picks as well. Also, if you read my posts earlier about Sewell and being a generational talent you will see I don’t think we take another lineman and we need skill players for Tua.

reading comprehension is not your strong point is it. Quit being an over sensitive Bama fan and read first and respond second. I gave facts regarding the WR position and how it is the one position where you can get burned early or score late. would love Smith on our team, and we can trade back 4-5 picks and still get him and add more draft picks as well. Also, if you read my posts earlier about Sewell and being a generational talent you will see I don’t think we take another lineman and we need skill players for Tua.

You didn’t give facts you gave an anecdotal fallacy and presented it as evidence. You must be a journalist if you’re not connected to Miami’s front office.

It’s hard to win as much as we do and be over sensitive. You probably can’t quite relate to that can you.

#RammerJammer
#NickSabanAllStars
#RentFree

SEC WRs drafted in the top ten the past ten years:

Amari Cooper
Mike Evans
AJ Green
Julio Jones

Smith is about to join three future hall of famers and another guy that has put up 4 1,000 yard seasons out of six. Pretty good company.

Here comes the "there is no way you put smith in the same category as Julio". Probably not. He's a hall of famer but smith had more TDs in eleven games against SEC teams this season than Julio had his entire career at bama.

Last edited:
SEC WRs drafted in the top ten the past ten years:

Amari Cooper
Mike Evans
AJ Green
Julio Jones

Smith is about to join three future hall of famers and another guy that has put up 4 1,000 yard seasons out of six. Pretty good company.

Here comes the "there is no way you put smith in the same category as Julio". Probably not. He's a hall of famer but smith had more TDs in eleven games against SEC teams this season than Julio had his entire career at bama.
IMO Smith is a better prospect than all of those but Jones. Obviously nobody can say what Smith will be as a pro. He could be better than all of them or worse than all of them. I do get a Jerry Rice vibe from him. Part of it is that Sarkesian runs so much of the same 49ers offense so Smith is running many of the same routes Rice ran. But he also has that same elongated stride with the great hip sink on cuts. People always made the same comments about Rice not being fast but yet rarely caught from behind. They both have that smooth style where the DB almost seems irrelevant. People want to focus on Smith's weight, but I see that as much less relevant in today's NFL game. It would be relevant if he struggled making catches against contact (I haven't seen that) or if he has trouble getting off of press (I haven't seen that be an issue either).

I absolutely love Devonta Smith, but he is not Jerry Rice. Nobody is. Marvin Harrison is the best comparison. Art Monk is similar as well.

I absolutely love Devonta Smith, but he is not Jerry Rice. Nobody is. Marvin Harrison is the best comparison. Art Monk is similar as well.
Jerry Rice the 1st round prospect wasn't Jerry Rice the HOFer either. But Smith the prospect does play very similar to Rice the prospect. In fact, as a prospect Smith has more consistent hands than Rice had and faced better competition. Heck even Jerry Rice the first year NFL player was seen as a likely bust by some b/c he had so many drops that season.

Back
Top Bottom