The Texans current pick | Page 266 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

I’ll respond to what I like too. However I want and however often I want. You didn’t let it sink in.
I don't even know what "let it sink in" is supposed to mean, tbh. You seem to be under the impression that you can do whatever you want and everyone else here has to do what you want, too. I mean, I get you are trying to act like you are so far ahead of everyone not only in football knowledge but in message board protocol, but it's just such a weird flex.

Oh well, I said my piece, and I don't want to bury actual draft discussion under your need to have to try to bully posters. If the mods don't tell me differently, and I change my mind, I'll respond to you again sometime.

so you are saying he may well be as twitchy and explosive as jalen Ramsey

Probably faster and about as twitchy. I expect a similar athletic profile to Patrick Peterson. Definitely Top 10, likely Top 5 = how I see it.

I've never been more impressed with a prospect than I've been in Smith when he's playing Stingley. This is not Chase Mossing Terrell. Terrell had good coverage most of the game. Chase just pulled away at the moment of truth. Stingley is also a much better prospect than Terrell (and I was higher than the consensus on him). But, Stingley looked legitimately lost vs Smith. You don't see elite prospects go to the well for answers and come up dry. I don't see how NFL CB's will fair any better than a star like Stingley. Bonus, you can move Smith all around the formation, and he'll be just as good.

I prefer Elijah to Rondale, but Rondale is the better athlete. I've seen Elijah show that he knows how to beat all the different types of coverages he'll see on the NFL, and I've seen him run both more varied routes and earn more mid and deep targets.

I like Rondale, too. He's a freak, and he's in a worse situation to show what he can do. But, it's a bird-in-the-hand thing for me.
Good analysis. I like Elijah and would have no problem drafting him. His route running has been great, and having Lane come in has been good for him.

I feel Rondale is so explosive, he will be able to turn any touch into a big play. His frame and abilities remind me of former Panther Steve Smith. I feel Tua would really benefit from his explosiveness.

Tua would benefit from either of the Moore's. What is your analysis on Amari Rodgers? If we miss on both Moore's, I feel he would be a good fall back option.

Probably faster and about as twitchy. I expect a similar athletic profile to Patrick Peterson. Definitely Top 10, likely Top 5 = how I see it.

I've never been more impressed with a prospect than I've been in Smith when he's playing Stingley. This is not Chase Mossing Terrell. Terrell had good coverage most of the game. Chase just pulled away at the moment of truth. Stingley is also a much better prospect than Terrell (and I was higher than the consensus on him). But, Stingley looked legitimately lost vs Smith. You don't see elite prospects go to the well for answers and come up dry. I don't see how NFL CB's will fair any better than a star like Stingley. Bonus, you can move Smith all around the formation, and he'll be just as good.

I don’t know. It just looks like all stingleys issues are technique based. I doubt he’s ever gonna be as consistent a tackler or willing even with it as jalen Ramsey is. But Ramsey in college looked like he preferred facing the action as long as possible which is why there was a lot of safety projection there. I know I was thinking he might be a more ideal safety. Turns out he’s the best all around corner in football. Shut down dk metcalf the best young wr in football. Easily the most dominant

the only time Ramsey gets in trouble is when he looks like he gets bored.

I thought chase took Terrells soul in that college football playoff game last year. He looked to me like a guy whose face said I have no chance here. In phase or not it didn’t matter

I didn’t much like Terrell thought he was overdrafted but there was a good number of corners that imo went too high for what the tape was.

Last edited:
Good analysis. I like Elijah and would have no problem drafting him. His route running has been great, and having Lane come in has been good for him.

I feel Rondale is so explosive, he will be able to turn any touch into a big play. His frame and abilities remind me of former Panther Steve Smith. I feel Tua would really benefit from his explosiveness.
I'd be happy with either.

Another guy to throw into that mold is Jahan Dotson from Penn State. I guess the latest rumors are he won't come out this year, but the feeling right after the season was that he would. Averaged 17.3 yards per catch this year and more than 20 yards per punt return. Made some circus catches in traffic this year, one that looked like something OBJ would make. I think he's a better prospect than Hamler, the kid the Broncos drafted out of Penn State last year.

I don't even know what "let it sink in" is supposed to mean, tbh. You seem to be under the impression that you can do whatever you want and everyone else here has to do what you want, too. I mean, I get you are trying to act like you are so far ahead of everyone not only in football knowledge but in message board protocol, but it's just such a weird flex.

Oh well, I said my piece, and I don't want to bury actual draft discussion under your need to have to try to bully posters. If the mods don't tell me differently, and I change my mind, I'll respond to you again sometime.

Everyone can do as they please as far as I’m concerned. Believe me if it was up to me, I’d let a lot more slide. But it’s not my site.

Sounds to me like it’s you that thinks I’m supposed to post in accordance with what you see fit. Ain’t happening my friend. Let it sink in. If you don’t know what that means then ask somebody.

I look forward to your response sometime. You probably ain’t gonna like mine again though.

I will be surprised if Notre lame doesn’t show up today and this is a game even at half time.

this feels like Oklahoma of the past college football playoffs. Somebody here doesn’t belong

With all the media coverage of this Houston pick, Lately. I've begun to think its been given the kiss of death. Just about everywhere you look, something is either being tweeted, written in an article or someone, somewhere has spoken about this pick. I just hope Miami's luck can continue for one more week?

I will be surprised if Notre lame doesn’t show up today and this is a game even at half time.

this feels like Oklahoma of the past college football playoffs. Somebody here doesn’t belong

That’s precisely what’s happening.

Smith and Najee dominating.

Back
Top Bottom