The Texans current pick | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

I grew up in South Florida, but was never a football fan as a kid.

When I got to Emory a few guys from South Florida would get together on Sundays in the AMUC to watch the Dolphins games, and they invited me.

That was the 1981 season. I was homesick, and watching the Dolphins somehow made me feel better.

I was already hooked, but that season ended with the Chargers playoff game.

After that game I was certainly a Dolphin for life.

The following season we were in the Super Bowl, then by 1983 Danny was in the fold.

I was Emory class of '85.
I chose Occidental College over Emory in 1985 ... class of '89. I essentially chose LA over ATL. I often wonder how my life would've been different had I made the other choice in that I worked in LA for years after graduation, etc..

You’d be lucky to get that.

If Houston was willing, I’d swap their 2 for a 2022 1st.

Grier and Flores wouldn’t hesitate to do that trade.
I don't agree we would be lucky to get that. And I don't doubt the Grier would be able to get more and balk at you thinking he'd jump on your offer.

I chose Occidental College over Emory in 1985 ... class of '89. I essentially chose LA over ATL. I often wonder how my life would've been different had I made the other choice in that I worked in LA for years after graduation, etc..

Again, OT but if someone has the time, I'd like to know how many run plays the RB was tackled by a guy coming down the line. Seemed like it was frequent.

Nonetheless, taking a RB with ANY pick, much less HOU's, not much will improve if CG and Flo don't find a way to stop those crashing TEs

I returned to South Florida after school.

I didn't remain in Atlanta.

I didn't apply to any schools out West.

Think we have a decent pick wrapped up no matter what. I think most of the bird would be happy with Waddle/Smith/Chase or Parsons. Add in we know Lawerence, Fields, Surtain and Sewell. That brings us to the 8th spot atleast with guarantees. Now throw in the wildcards of Trey Lance and Zach Wilson who are also looking like they might go high. I’d also throw in Rousseau as someone people would be happy with in Miami. As long as we stay too 12/13 we should be golden. At 9 right now have to hope Eagles play hurts and go on a run then the rest of the nfc East plays each other and jacks up those win totals. Chargers have Broncos and Falcons left so that’s 2 wins for somebody. Panthers still have Washington and Broncos so that’s another 2 wins to somebody. No matter where this picks falls we still bent over the Texans.

Agreed. I think that of those four there isn't a wrong choice and most here would be happy.

I don't agree we would be lucky to get that. And I don't doubt the Grier would be able to get more and balk at you thinking he'd jump on your offer.
Agree to disagree.

Houstons roster is bad, like 0-16 without Watson kind of bad.

Could you sight an example of a team ever giving up a 2nd round pick in a given year and returned more than a first round pick the following year?

Agree to disagree.

Could you sight an example of a team ever giving up a 2nd round pick in a given year and returned more than a first round pick the following year?
Asking about past trades to justify a future one doesn't work. How many teams traded two firsts and a second for left tackle...

Asking about past trades to justify a future one doesn't work. How many teams traded two firsts and a second for left tackle...

Apples to oranges comparison there. Draft picks have tangible values. Players have inherent values.

I’ll sell my second round pick every year for a first rounder from a team that didn’t compete for the Super Bowl, let alone the playoffs and $18.5 over next years cap, it’s a tear down year for them. I’d sprint that metaphorical draft from Miami to Houston if they’d take that offer. I’d give them a 5th too. I’d let them see my wife’s tits also for thy 2022 first.

You don’t see many bidding wars for the 38th-40th pick in the draft.

I don't think they trade down in that scenario. It would have to be a perfect situation to do so.

I also don't think WR is the pick if they are picking before #10.

Could you expand on both points? Not that I’m complete disagreement with you, I just would like to understand your rationale.

I tried convincing folks of this all offseason. And even several weeks into this season. To no avail.

I said they’d end up top 10. And top 5, possibly top 3, if Watson went down for any length of time.

Watson has been healthy, so likely no top 5. But top 10 is still looking good.

Could you expand on both points? Not that I’m complete disagreement with you, I just would like to understand your rationale.
If we pick at 7 or 8, Parsons has a good chance to be there, and aside from that, I don't value any receiver prospect that high. To be honest, in any other scheme, I wouldn't LB either.

As far as trading down, not at all against the idea, but at 7 or 8, there likely isn't a player left thay is a "must have" for most teams. Assuming we have a target, the trade has to fall into a certain range, or what's the driver?

Back
Top Bottom