The Texans current pick | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

Picking at 7 or 8 would likely net us Parsons or Rousseau. Picking at 12 or 13 would net us a WR.

If you are one of those folks who crave seeing us draft a WR, then you should root for Houston to win a couple more games.

Not a chance. They need to lose out.

Besides, it’s not written in stone that they must draft at 7 or 8 if that’s where the selection lands.

How about they get 7 or 8 then trade down to 11-14?

Still think the top wideouts go anywhere from 5-18. So I’m ok with Smith, Chase or Waddle in that range.

I’m a new dolphins fan. Lifelong bama fan and am tired of the falcants. The fact that this team is doing well with 4 top 64 picks coming up is very nice. I obviously want waddle or Smith with the first pick but wouldn’t mind chase or Pitts( I know gesickis a good option). Most the mocks have the dolphins either taking Etienne in the first or Najee in the second. Tbh I would rather it be Etienne in the first if they’re going to do a rb early. I just don’t see Harris translating very well to the nfl. I’d rather it be a OL , defense or even a wr as the second first rd pick if Pitts is the first pick. 2nd rd should obviously be defense. Wouldn’t mind seeing bamas center Landon Dickerson end up in Miami but idk what OUR interior line is like. He will be taken in the 2nd round latest though. Get a rb later in draft to go along with gaskin or some other vet.
Welcome!

John

Not a chance. They need to lose out.

Besides, it’s not written in stone that they must draft at 7 or 8 if that’s where the selection lands.

How about they get 7 or 8 then trade down to 11-14?

Still think the top wideouts go anywhere from 5-18. So I’m ok with Smith, Chase or Waddle in that range.
I don't think they trade down in that scenario. It would have to be a perfect situation to do so.

I also don't think WR is the pick if they are picking before #10.

Think we have a decent pick wrapped up no matter what. I think most of the bird would be happy with Waddle/Smith/Chase or Parsons. Add in we know Lawerence, Fields, Surtain and Sewell. That brings us to the 8th spot atleast with guarantees. Now throw in the wildcards of Trey Lance and Zach Wilson who are also looking like they might go high. I’d also throw in Rousseau as someone people would be happy with in Miami. As long as we stay too 12/13 we should be golden. At 9 right now have to hope Eagles play hurts and go on a run then the rest of the nfc East plays each other and jacks up those win totals. Chargers have Broncos and Falcons left so that’s 2 wins for somebody. Panthers still have Washington and Broncos so that’s another 2 wins to somebody. No matter where this picks falls we still bent over the Texans.

Of all the bad threads on this forum this is the one that ticks me off the most. It just won't die, and I could give two craps about the opportunity to draft the next Dion Jordan or Ted Ginn Jr. compared to actual football success. And the Texans could help us so much by beating teams in competition for us.

this is a joke right?

don’t agree with it fine but it ticks you off? Really? Lol

First post on here, but I am a Dolphins fan that went to Emory as well. How did they suck you in? Also what year were you? I was '10.
I grew up in South Florida, but was never a football fan as a kid.

When I got to Emory a few guys from South Florida would get together on Sundays in the AMUC to watch the Dolphins games, and they invited me.

That was the 1981 season. I was homesick, and watching the Dolphins somehow made me feel better.

I was already hooked, but that season ended with the Chargers playoff game.

After that game I was certainly a Dolphin for life.

The following season we were in the Super Bowl, then by 1983 Danny was in the fold.

I was Emory class of '85.

Last edited:
Why would Houston do that?

Desperation.

It’s hard to improve without talent.

The franchise is in a bad spot with so few “pieces”.

I agree though, highly unlikely they will compound their issues with giving away value.

Back
Top Bottom