The thread to end all threads with opinions of Tua thread (Poll) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The thread to end all threads with opinions of Tua thread (Poll)

What is Tua?

• Great

Votes: 29 12.6%
  • Good

Votes: 118 51.1%
  • Average

Votes: 54 23.4%
  • Below Average

Votes: 24 10.4%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This thread is great no matter what I vote.

Votes: 6 2.6%

• Total voters
I was feeling generous, he is average based on play and ability.

Derek Carr is now in his 8th season playing for the Raiders. I've always thought his QB play was average at best for an NFL starting QB, but the team has stuck with him . In fairness to Carr, the Raiders roster/coaching has not been especially good so I don't believe any QB would have made a significant difference to the team's won/loss record.
Of course. The years can be as many as your patience lasts. I just didn't feel like typing n lines...ran out of patience.

Am I voting how he is now or how I think he will be in the future?

So far he has shown us that he can be a very solid, good NFL QB.

With more experience(10 NFL starts)and the further he gets from his injury and rehab I expect him to continue to grow and improve.

And then there is the possibility that Miami will eventually build a competent OL that will actually allow him to show what he can do.

I am not ready to say he is an All Pro Franchise guy in the making but I see a QB who can consistently lead him team to the post season.

Are you referring to past, present or future?

Tua was GREAT in college.

Tua has been below average compared to established QBs, average when compared to rookie QBs as a whole, and when taking in the context he was good. No one else has ever had as significant injury as he had coming into their rookie season and played in addition to not getting to play any preseason games do to CoVid.

I predict Tua will be good with a chance to be great moving forward.
WAS = past
IS = present
GOING TO BE = future

Sorry not trying to be a dick... just defining.

I figure since we all only care about what Tua is in the present, since it is always the present that dictates.

Expectations for Tua high. He's the 5th pick overall. I don't see flashes of greatness. I did in college but I think he's too small and has weak arm strength for the NFL.

For all the Tua "hate." Not one person has voted "terrible" with 99 votes in so far. IMO, noteworthy. Thanks for the poll.

Back
Top Bottom