The thread to end all threads with opinions of Tua thread (Poll) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The thread to end all threads with opinions of Tua thread (Poll)

What is Tua?

• Great

Votes: 29 12.6%
  • Good

Votes: 118 51.1%
  • Average

Votes: 54 23.4%
  • Below Average

Votes: 24 10.4%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This thread is great no matter what I vote.

Votes: 6 2.6%

• Total voters
These takes are ridiculous. Some on here seem to think that an NFL QB might be limited by physical potential, but the fact is that nearly all NFL QBs are physically very good or great What separates one physically great QB from another is a set of skills or characteristics that are sometimes hard to define but often very easy to see. Sometimes these traits are there in the rookie season, and sometimes they show up later. Even Rich Gannon later.

I'm tempted to say that Tua is pretty average right now. He showed me a pretty average game. Going into NE and winning is always a big deal. I think that most average QBs in the league could have done it with the coaching and personnel we have. Then again, maybe not. It's a very difficult thing to judge in just one game.

And so I think that 15-20 QBs in this league are all pretty good QBs who have their moments of looking very good. I mean, we thought that Ryan Fitzpatrick was pretty good. LOL Well, there it is, folks. A lot of QBs in this league look the part from time to time, and that's why they have starting jobs. Only a select group of QBs are skilled winners who command touchdowns and wins out of their offenses. I saw Tua in the huddle last week, and he was telling everyone in the circle what to do. He was very vocal. He was expressive. And I know what I see when this guy gets within the 30 yard line. There's an expectation to end that drive in the end zone. I think this kid could be that kind of QB -- maybe he doesn't rack up **** tons of yards, but I won't be surprised if he frequents 30+ TDs when the offense is there to put them in that territory often.

For all the Tua "hate." Not one person has voted "terrible" with 99 votes in so far. IMO, noteworthy. Thanks for the poll.

Thats because the people who aren't 100% sold on him get branded as haters who think he's awful without ever expressing that.

Personally my view has always been he will be an average starter with a potentially above average potential. Think between the 12th and 16th best QB in the league. To some though that is just an unacceptable view point.

Thats because the people who aren't 100% sold on him get branded as haters who think he's awful without ever expressing that.

Personally my view has always been he will be an average starter with a potentially above average potential. Think between the 12th and 16th best QB in the league. To some though that is just an unacceptable view point.
it's an anonymous poll. i made it that way so the "haters" wouldn't get, pardon the term, "Antifa'ed" on the thread.

I think that the people who get branded as haters are the ones saying it's already time to cut bait with him and move on or to trade him. Those are ridiculous takes because this team isn't going to tank for a high draft pick and thoughts of trading for someone else's QB are pretty far flung from reality. Until an opportunity for an upgrade arises, we need to get all we can from Tua. The alternative hurts the franchise.

I think that the people who get branded as haters are the ones saying it's already time to cut bait with him and move on or to trade him. Those are ridiculous takes because this team isn't going to tank for a high draft pick and thoughts of trading for someone else's QB are pretty far flung from reality. Until an opportunity for an upgrade arises, we need to get all we can from Tua. The alternative hurts the franchise.

To be fair I think people were more on board with that this off-season because we had such a high pick they saw it as a chance for a sort of "do over" type thing.

I agree though its too soon to just move on unless youre acquiring a sure thing who is young.

I think dolphins are going be in same situation as thill17 was with Tua.. Tua will be avg to good but not good enough win championship...

Thats awesome.

I meant more though that most of us don't really think he is terrible. Just not "elite".
There is only one Dan Marino.

Each NFL team has had one ELITE QB in its existence. That does not include teams that the elite QB goes to in final seasons.

Example, Elway was Denver's elite QB, Manning was Indy.

Very few teams have had 2.

Most teams end up with below average to a little above average QBs.

Also, these same people that want to cut Tua still think Iggy has potential to be a very good CB....

There is only one Dan Marino.

Each NFL team has had one ELITE QB in its existence. That does not include teams that the elite QB goes to in final seasons.

Example, Elway was Denver's elite QB, Manning was Indy.

Very few teams have had 2.

Most teams end up with below average to a little above average QBs.

An elite QB lasts 10-15-20 seasons and passing only became the predominate way to win in the early to mid 2000's.

Unfortunately in the NFL today your QB needs to be at least capable of stretches of elite level play if you want to have a legitimate SB chance. Even the years less than elite QBs have won they were capable of getting hot.l, like Eli or Flacco.

Also when I say elite I mainly mean top 10 at the position in the league consistently, so roughly 1/3 of franchises always have an elite QB or close by that measure.

An elite QB lasts 10-15-20 seasons and passing only became the predominate way to win in the early to mid 2000's.

Unfortunately in the NFL today your QB needs to be at least capable of stretches of elite level play if you want to have a legitimate SB chance. Even the years less than elite QBs have won they were capable of getting hot.l, like Eli or Flacco.

Also when I say elite I mainly mean top 10 at the position in the league consistently, so roughly 1/3 of franchises always have an elite QB or close by that measure.
If the league became more pass friendly with rule changes, and passing is the predominant way to win now, then that means the standard for "Elite QB" has dropped. The Class of '83 is what changed the NFL into a passing league.

Oh, and I can sh.it on your theory with one name:

Trent Dilfer:lol:

To me someone that states he's a work in progress and needs to improve in these areas is perfectly fine however someone that takes every opportunity to say he's bad in every thread no matter the thread title is just trolling period
The same goes for someone that says he's fantastic in every thread no matter the thread title . That is also trolling
I do not like people trolling on here

Back
Top Bottom