The thread to end all threads with opinions of Tua thread (Poll) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The thread to end all threads with opinions of Tua thread (Poll)

What is Tua?

• Great

Votes: 29 12.6%
  • Good

Votes: 118 51.1%
  • Average

Votes: 54 23.4%
  • Below Average

Votes: 24 10.4%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This thread is great no matter what I vote.

Votes: 6 2.6%

• Total voters
If that is true it's a very good thing.
yes sir. I only say that because the head coaching position in Miami has been mediocre since Wanny left, and Wanny and Johnson were just okay.

The head coaching being mediocre has translated to the lack of success on the field for decades now.

Flores's progression as a HC reminds me of Mike Tomlin with PIT.

Why respond to it?
An idiot jumps into a pool full of people to tell them about the dangers of wetting your body.

After he makes his announcement to anyone within ear shot, he's surprised to find people telling him to get out of the water if he doesn't like it and leave them alone.

He shouts back at them, "why respond?".

Now do you understand the depths of this nonsensical complaint? - LOL

Oh, and I can sh.it on your theory with one name:

Trent Dilfer:lol:

You can name an outlier who won a SB before the passing era we are currently in started?

Everything has outliers, naming one doesn't make it wrong.

I also think 7th round picks are more or less worthless, maming Brady as a 7th rounder doesn't change that because its an outlier with an infinitely small chance if repeating.

This board is a joke. 11th commandment here is Never Criticize Tua.
81919401.jpg

To be fair I think people were more on board with that this off-season because we had such a high pick they saw it as a chance for a sort of "do over" type thing.

I agree though its too soon to just move on unless youre acquiring a sure thing who is young.
The only problem I have with this post is that in the NFL there is no such thing as a "sure thing".

You can try to "mealy mouth" your way around it, but it won't help.

An elite QB lasts 10-15-20 seasons and passing only became the predominate way to win in the early to mid 2000's.

Unfortunately in the NFL today your QB needs to be at least capable of stretches of elite level play if you want to have a legitimate SB chance. Even the years less than elite QBs have won they were capable of getting hot.l, like Eli or Flacco.

Also when I say elite I mainly mean top 10 at the position in the league consistently, so roughly 1/3 of franchises always have an elite QB or close by that measure.
A top 10 list is 100% subjective so how does one make such a list with consistency. Once you get past the truly elite QB's, like Mahomes, Brady, and Rodgers the guy at the back end 7-10 are interchangeable with guys in the 11-15 range.

I voted "average" and that's because he looked slightly better than last season where he was below average.

We will know a lot more after Sunday. Until then I say he is average.
Fair enough for me.

I am curious about one point - if Tua's stats are similar to last week and we win the game against the Bill's; will that effect your opinion of him?

You can name an outlier who won a SB before the passing era we are currently in started?

Everything has outliers, naming one doesn't make it wrong.

I also think 7th round picks are more or less worthless, maming Brady as a 7th rounder doesn't change that because its an outlier with an infinitely small chance if repeating.
That's truth tho. I just like throwing Trent Dilfer out there. Shows how defense used to win titles.

16 completions and 201 yards passing is not going to get it done against the Bills.
What if the run game is working and we're on our way to 200 yards rushing, should they stop what's working to try and get Tua his yards so fans can feel all warm and fuzzy?

What if the defense is dominant and pitching a shutout. Not only that but they have 2 pick 6's and Tua lead 2 FG drives making it the score 20-0 early in the 2nd QTR. Do you want them to air it out so you can get those precious yards instead of playing it safe and lean on the ground game?

What if the run game is working and we're on our way to 200 yards rushing, should they stop what's working to try and get Tua his yards so fans can feel all warm and fuzzy?

What if the defense is dominant and pitching a shutout. Not only that but they have 2 pick 6's and Tua lead 2 FG drives making it the score 20-0 early in the 2nd QTR. Do you want them to air it out so you can get those precious yards instead of playing it safe and lean on the ground game?
Do what works to win. period

Back
Top Bottom