The thread to end all threads with opinions of Tua thread (Poll) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The thread to end all threads with opinions of Tua thread (Poll)

What is Tua?

• Great

Votes: 29 12.6%
  • Good

Votes: 118 51.1%
  • Average

Votes: 54 23.4%
  • Below Average

Votes: 24 10.4%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This thread is great no matter what I vote.

Votes: 6 2.6%

• Total voters
If your asking for a grade at this moment, he is only average but it is way to soon to tell what he will be.

Tua was above average as a rookie QB (objectively, w/o even factoring the injury or circumstances). Right now, he's a good NFL starter. Going forward, he can be great. His development will come from the mental side; decision-making, understanding defenses, mastering the offense, etc. That's the side where he has shown a Brady-like focus and ability to grasp NFL concepts quickly.

Tua was above average as a rookie QB (objectively, w/o even factoring the injury or circumstances). Right now, he's a good NFL starter. Going forward, he can be great. His development will come from the mental side; decision-making, understanding defenses, mastering the offense, etc. That's the side where he has shown a Brady-like focus and ability to grasp NFL concepts quickly.
When you say right now that he’s a good NFL starter, where exactly are you ranking him?

I still have faith Tua will show out eventually, but if I’m being honest with myself there’s not a lot of teams who would prefer Tua be their QB this year over their current guy (not saying long term, but for this year)

Comparatively speaking to most rookie going in to his 2nd year, he is good IMHO. I do believe he can be just as good, if not better than Drew Brees and is night and day bay than where Drew was at this stage of his career. I like Tua a lot, but he still needs to learn to get out of a bad play by getting rid of the ball, and how to slide properly. He needs a slide coach bad LOL.

Fair enough for me.

I am curious about one point - if Tua's stats are similar to last week and we win the game against the Bill's; will that effect your opinion of him?
No, that just tells me we have an excellent team and our QB may be what is holding us back.
That said, I rewatched his week 1 tape and it was much improved over his play from last year. We just need Tua to expand his game beyond slants/screens and keep him from rolling right where he seems to get into some trouble.

C. Could graduate to B-. Still is this what we want in a franchise QB?
That is my point great question..it not about people hating Tua.we need top qb soon...everybody on finheaven should be asking themselves that???

This board is a joke. 11th commandment here is Never Criticize Tua.
That's actually the 8th commandment. The 11th commandment is "thou shalt not refer to Tua as anything but perfect, lest you will be ridiculed with straw man arguments, sarcasm, thinly veiled personal insults, and threats of being put on the ever so dreaded ignore list, not to mention a plague on all your houses and crops. But behold, all other players on the team are faireth game to be criticized when it's deserving of it".

So it is written, so it is done.

We heard the negatives all summer long.

Asking for a day or two to celebrate a big victory until we go back to it was too much ?????

A cool thing to watch on Tua is how he handled running out the clock against NE. He hit some absolutely game winning throws such as a slant to Parker that was a thing of beauty. He was very poised and before you knew it we were in victory formation. He did a nice job putting the dagger in the Patriot's ribs. We were way backed up, things could have gone badly like the many times in the past but Tua brought home a big, opening day road win. He did a nice job and is clearly improving.

Back
Top Bottom