The thread to end all threads with opinions of Tua thread (Poll) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The thread to end all threads with opinions of Tua thread (Poll)

What is Tua?

• Great

Votes: 29 12.6%
  • Good

Votes: 118 51.1%
  • Average

Votes: 54 23.4%
  • Below Average

Votes: 24 10.4%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This thread is great no matter what I vote.

Votes: 6 2.6%

• Total voters
What if the run game is working and we're on our way to 200 yards rushing, should they stop what's working to try and get Tua his yards so fans can feel all warm and fuzzy?

What if the defense is dominant and pitching a shutout. Not only that but they have 2 pick 6's and Tua lead 2 FG drives making it the score 20-0 early in the 2nd QTR. Do you want them to air it out so you can get those precious yards instead of playing it safe and lean on the ground game?
Depends if he starts him in his fantasy league

Total fail? The question is about Tua as a player. Do you really think he is an above average QB ? IF you think so THAT is a total fail.
Well he was above average(on sunday) compared to all the QBs that played in NE last season in an empty stadium... Well above average.
What if the run game is working and we're on our way to 200 yards rushing, should they stop what's working to try and get Tua his yards so fans can feel all warm and fuzzy?

What if the defense is dominant and pitching a shutout. Not only that but they have 2 pick 6's and Tua lead 2 FG drives making it the score 20-0 early in the 2nd QTR. Do you want them to air it out so you can get those precious yards instead of playing it safe and lean on the ground game?
I mean its pretty obvious by now people who are completely oblivious to anything other than total stats... They look at Mac Jones with 281 yards and thats all they need to know to assume Jones was better in that game. We could try to highlight the fact that in order to finish the game with 281 yards, Tua would've had to produce 10+ yards per attempt throughout the game, on the road in NE... When NE's opponents last year averaged 6.6 yards per attempt. I mean they just dont know, dont want to know or flat out just cant grasp simple math.

Tua gets extra hate because he is openly Christian with crosses under his eyes. I have no proof but it’s a feeling I get. I’ll probably get flamed but I don’t think it’s that far fetched.

Tua gets extra hate because he is openly Christian with crosses under his eyes. I have no proof but it’s a feeling I get. I’ll probably get flamed but I don’t think it’s that far fetched.

There is a thread about that here if you want to get into it

No one is flaming you brother however on the main forum we try to stay focused on Dolphin Football only

Well, in all fairness, that commandment cannot exist. Criticizing Tua requires critical thinking.

Maybe go with the 4th Commandment:

"A member of Finheaven that defines Finheaven as a "joke" self-identifies as a "joke", therefore negating any threads, posts, or comments that the "self-identifying member" submits on Finheaven."
Excellent, just excellent = LOL

Well he was above average(on sunday) compared to all the QBs that played in NE last season in an empty stadium... Well above average.

I mean its pretty obvious by now people who are completely oblivious to anything other than total stats... They look at Mac Jones with 281 yards and thats all they need to know to assume Jones was better in that game. We could try to highlight the fact that in order to finish the game with 281 yards, Tua would've had to produce 10+ yards per attempt throughout the game, on the road in NE... When NE's opponents last year averaged 6.6 yards per attempt. I mean they just dont know, dont want to know or flat out just cant grasp simple math.
It's so difficult to base judgements off of stats from a single game. The opponent, situation, conditions will all factor in and stats can be sliced many different ways. We don't know, for example, if NE's 2021 pass defense will be significantly better or worse or similar compared to last year. Tua appeared very accurate Sunday (except for the 2 bad passes) against a good defense from last year. It's one thing if we were sitting in week 10 worrying about a 79 passer rating from Tua, but it's just week 2 after a tough road win. My two cents anyway.

It's so difficult to base judgements off of stats from a single game. The opponent, situation, conditions will all factor in and stats can be sliced many different ways. We don't know, for example, if NE's 2021 pass defense will be significantly better or worse or similar compared to last year. Tua appeared very accurate Sunday (except for the 2 bad passes) against a good defense from last year. It's one thing if we were sitting in week 10 worrying about a 79 passer rating from Tua, but it's just week 2 after a tough road win. My two cents anyway.
Thats fair. My point is, offenses have had trouble playing in NE for 15+ years... If you've won a game there and your offense actually out-performed a 15+ years trend, there's really no need to start complaining, nevermind hitting the panic button.

NE will probably have a Top 10, maybe Top 5, D. They also match up with Miami pretty well - their Front 7 being their biggest strength and OL being Miami's biggest weakness on offense. I think it's good to remember that for context.

Tua looked more decisive vs NE than he was in 2020. Part of that is just having better receivers, but he needs to continue to work on this, and he needs to cut out the plays where he tries to make multiple moves to avoid pass rushers. He can do it sometimes. He has the feet to do it, but he doesn't have the speed to create enough distance between himself and defenders to make it something he should go to. The cons outweigh the pros.

For Tua to reach his potential, he has to pick his matchup and attack it. Especially with Fuller returning, he should be able to find his advantage quickly. He has to win like Brady and Brees. He has the accuracy and work ethic to get there, but he needs to eliminate the plays where he seems to lose all sense.

I'm excited to watch him progress. We'll see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom