The top 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The top 12

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at thedraftnetwork.com top 12 players.
I would be happy with any of them. It made me wonder if we made a mistake to trade up from 12.
I assume we must have a plan and there must be someone in the top 6 we really want.
A gamble we will get Pitts or Chase?
Satisfied with Sewell or Slater? Or Waddle or Smith?
I can’t wait until the draft.

I was just looking at thedraftnetwork.com top 12 players.
I would be happy with any of them. It made me wonder if we made a mistake to trade up from 12.
I assume we must have a plan and there must be someone in the top 6 we really want.
A gamble we will get Pitts or Chase?
Satisfied with Sewell or Slater? Or Waddle or Smith?
I can’t wait until the draft.
There's definitely (at least) three guys we're targeting.

No guarantee any of them would be there at 12.

Pretty strong guarantee one (or more) of them will be there at 6.

I know most fans are expecting a wide receiver at #6, myself included.

But, we have to remember the background of both Grier and Flores. I wonder if they will value the position like we do as fans, or look at Fuller as the main addition to that group?

Maybe I'm overthinking it.

I know most fans are expecting a wide receiver at #6, myself included.

But, we have to remember the background of both Grier and Flores. I wonder if they will value the position like we do as fans, or look at Fuller as the main addition to that group?

Maybe I'm overthinking it.
Fuller was a one year buy and try...insurance in case they fail to land somebody in the draft that can take the top off a defense.

I don’t think he changes anything in their plans, just gives them some draft flexibility.

If we traded back up and practically use 2 1s for, and the pick is waddle I will lose it. These types of receivers rarely get picked in the first round let alone top 10

Obviously Grier/Flores are comfortable with 6 guys and not 12. It doesn’t really matter what your board or my board looks like.

The QBs will go first, then the real draft will start...

My three are Sewell, Pitts, and Parsons.

There are a ton of slot receiver types in this draft, so I'm going to let them fall-- that's value.

Are Parsons' 'character concerns' no longer important? I havent seen anything mentioning them.

Also, did I hear that Sewell is thought of as a better guard prospect than tackle prospect? If there's any validity to that then Sewell shouldnt even be on our board. We already have a guard prospect at tackle and his arrow is already pointing up.

Do we really think Parsons would go top 6? Why not trade to like 9 or 10?

Anything other than passcatchers would make me mad, tbh.

Obviously Grier/Flores are comfortable with 6 guys and not 12. It doesn’t really matter what your board or my board looks like.
if they were comfortable with 6 guys, i believe they'd have stayed at 12 and let it play out (since at least 4 QBs look to be going in the top 12).

my guess is 3 players , 4 max.

If we traded back up and practically use 2 1s for, and the pick is waddle I will lose it. These types of receivers rarely get picked in the first round let alone top 10
if waddle was one of their top prospects, i think they stay at 12 hoping 3 receivers (chase, smith, waddle) plus Pitts don't all go in the top 12 (waddle being the odd man out).

Are Parsons' 'character concerns' no longer important? I havent seen anything mentioning them.

Also, did I hear that Sewell is thought of as a better guard prospect than tackle prospect? If there's any validity to that then Sewell shouldnt even be on our board. We already have a guard prospect at tackle and his arrow is already pointing up.

Do we really think Parsons would go top 6? Why not trade to like 9 or 10?

Anything other than passcatchers would make me mad, tbh.
The issues with Parsons are overstated. He's never been arrested, never failed a drug test... he's just a locker room meat-head, like 85% of all the other football players. Lawrence Taylor was a meat head...

Anyone who thinks Sewell is a Guard is.. well... reaching for clicks. He's the highest rated tackle in 10 years.

if they were comfortable with 6 guys, i believe they'd have stayed at 12 and let it play out (since at least 4 QBs look to be going in the top 12).

my guess is 3 players , 4 max.

I meant they were comfortable with 6 guys including the QBs that would go in the top 5. Obviously they knew that at least 3 QBs were going in the top 5 after SF moved up, so they’re comfortable with about 3 guys, which is not enough to get to pick 12. You have to assume that Pitts, Chase, and Smith/Waddle are those three, but it’s possible that Sewell and Parsons are also in that group.

Either way, that’s only 6 players, plus the 5 QBs who will likely go in the top 10. That’s 11 players, meaning it’s possible that none of them will be available at 12. Thus, it was smart to trade back up to 6.

I meant they were comfortable with 6 guys including the QBs that would go in the top 5. Obviously they knew that at least 3 QBs were going by in the top 5 after SF moved up, so they’re comfortable with about 3 guys, which is not enough to get to pick 12. You have to assume that Pitts, Chase, and Smith/Waddle are those three, but it’s possible that Sewell and Parsons are also in that group.

Either way, that’s only 6 players, plus the 5 QBs who will likely go in the top 10. That’s 11 players, meaning it’s possible that none of them will be available at 12. Thus, it was smart to trade back up to 6.
my guess it is only Pitts, Chase and mystery player (not a QB).

and one of them for sure will be there, barring something crazy happening with picks 1, 2, and 3.

i didn't know you were including QBs in the 6 guys you mentioned.

The issues with Parsons are overstated. He's never been arrested, never failed a drug test... he's just a locker room meat-head, like 85% of all the other football players. Lawrence Taylor was a meat head...

Anyone who thinks Sewell is
I’ve known a lot of “locker room meat-heads”. Not many of them felt the need to put their dongs on their teammates. But that’s just me.

He seems more like a Charles Haley type than Lawrence Taylor. Look up Jeff Pearlman’s book on the Cowboys if you don’t get the connection.

Back
Top Bottom