The top 12 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The top 12

I’ve known a lot of “locker room meat-heads”. Not many of them felt the need to put their dongs on their teammates. But that’s just me.

He seems more like a Charles Haley type than Lawrence Taylor. Look up Jeff Pearlman’s book on the Cowboys if you don’t get the connection.
If you say so...

I was a high school referee for 20 years and I've been around hundreds of locker rooms and that stuff happens ALL the time.

Every single year this happens, every single year people forget and get hopeful, and every single year most of the players don’t work out. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but it’s just a fact.

Every single year this happens, every single year people forget and get hopeful, and every single year most of the players don’t work out. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but it’s just a fact.
Historically speaking its more like this...

Around 1/3 of 1st rounders underperform,
Another 1/3 become starters
Around 5 will make a probowl
1 or 2 will become Hall of famers
2 or 3 will bust due to injury or off field issues.

30% of 2nd rounders become quality players
20% of 3rd rounders
5% of 4th-7th

The draft is a crap shoot. Of the 300 odd players drafted less than 100 will be in the NFL 5 years from now.

Historically speaking its more like this...

Around 1/3 of 1st rounders underperform,
Another 1/3 become starters
Around 5 will make a probowl
1 or 2 will become Hall of famers
2 or 3 will bust due to injury or off field issues.

30% of 2nd rounders become quality players
20% of 3rd rounders
5% of 4th-7th

The draft is a crap shoot. Of the 300 odd players drafted less than 100 will be in the NFL 5 years from now.
Interesting stats and could be correct. Do you have a source?
I agree draft has some luck involved. A lot of misses out there.

I’ve known a lot of “locker room meat-heads”. Not many of them felt the need to put their dongs on their teammates. But that’s just me.

He seems more like a Charles Haley type than Lawrence Taylor. Look up Jeff Pearlman’s book on the Cowboys if you don’t get the connection.
I played football most of my life growing up. Even at a HS level, that isn’t as weird as some of the stuff I saw. That isn’t a brag. I just think people underestimate the amount of hazing and weird stuff that happens in a locker room filled with dudes amped up on testosterone.

The issues with Parsons are overstated. He's never been arrested, never failed a drug test... he's just a locker room meat-head, like 85% of all the other football players. Lawrence Taylor was a meat head...

Anyone who thinks Sewell is a Guard is.. well... reaching for clicks. He's the highest rated tackle in 10 years.
Agreed.

Funny how weeks before the draft, Sewell is suddenly a better guard prospect.

I don't pay much attention to these things so close to draft. I pay more attention to evaluations during or right after the season when teams, gas, scouts or newspaper aren't sending smoke screens or info hoping that player will fall to them.

Perfect example Wilson and Fields. Fields was easily the #2 QB after the season. Then we start getting closer to the draft ALL OF A SUDDEN this kid has character or leadership issues.

If fields does not get drafted by SF, it worked and some team will get very lucky.

Parsons? After the season, easily top defensive prospect, might have gone top 7. Now he has off field issues? Really? Like you said, no arrests failed drug tests. We don't have video of him smoking naked on cars.

I believe nothing I'm reading.

Flo is in love with Parsons? I'm sure he is. But when was the last time Flo gave strategy to anyone in the press? But you know who does like Parsons? Detroit and Denver.

I would laugh if Detroit panics and trade 7 and their 3rd to move up for Parsons just so we go offense.

On the flip side, Parsons is perfect for Flo's defense

If he is our top pick. I would be ok

Let's face it. PARKER/ Fuller/Williams/Hurns/Wilson?

Thats a bunch of potential 1's but mostly 2's. If healthy and the return of Horns and Wilson, Flo and Grier may believe we don't need a WR or TE.

For me, I keep forgetting Wilson and Hurns return this year. I would love one of the big offensive targets at 6. However, our WR may be solid if everyone stays healthy. big if of course

Fuller was a one year buy and try...insurance in case they fail to land somebody in the draft that can take the top off a defense.

I don’t think he changes anything in their plans, just gives them some draft flexibility.

Very insightful observation.

I agree with it.

Fuller was a one year buy and try...insurance in case they fail to land somebody in the draft that can take the top off a defense.

I don’t think he changes anything in their plans, just gives them some draft flexibility.
I think so too. Could definitely see some defensive adds, but I want to see Grier put talent around Tua.

I wouldn't necessarily consider the draft a fail if the Dolphins didn't get one of the top three receivers, but I'd have to look at the entire draft to see how everything fits.

I think so too. Could definitely see some defensive adds, but I want to see Grier put talent around Tua.

I wouldn't necessarily consider the draft a fail if the Dolphins didn't get one of the top three receivers, but I'd have to look at the entire draft to see how everything fits.
It will be a fail to many here if we don't draft Pitts.

There always linger the point that considering where Coach Flores background comes from, he very well may have talked to Grier, and be very willing to take Parsons with 6...If he proved to no longer be the the problem child he was portrayed to be.

Then using 18 on offense (like maybe one of the 2nd tier receivers, or one of the top 4 that might have fallen).

Anything is possible to happen at 6, and not a definite conclusion Miami goes offense with the 1st pick.

Back
Top Bottom