The top 12 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The top 12

A couple of things on Smith...

He really didn't look great before this last year. I believe that he greatly benefitted from a couple of things... being a older senior and playing on a totally stacked team.

I think his lack of weight and power will greatly hinder him when he starts playing against the men, instead of the boys.

My take on Smith is that he'll be a nice WR2 for someone, a guy who will do most of his better work between the 20s and be much less effective in the red zone. Yes, I think he's a slot receiver in the NFL. Jarvis Landry. I don't see him as a first round pick, much less a top 10 pick.

He's my stand out pick for most overrated player in the draft.

Yes, I could be wrong... but I wouldn't take him early, there are too many reasons why non-prototypical players fail.
Smith looked damn good the year before as well. Many Bama fans felt he was their best WR the year before as well. That team was loaded at WR with the top 4 all will be first round picks and Smith was second in REC, first in TDs and first in yards.
A couple of things on Smith...

He really didn't look great before this last year. I believe that he greatly benefitted from a couple of things... being a older senior and playing on a totally stacked team.

I think his lack of weight and power will greatly hinder him when he starts playing against the men, instead of the boys.

My take on Smith is that he'll be a nice WR2 for someone, a guy who will do most of his better work between the 20s and be much less effective in the red zone. Yes, I think he's a slot receiver in the NFL. Jarvis Landry. I don't see him as a first round pick, much less a top 10 pick.

He's my stand out pick for most overrated player in the draft.

Yes, I could be wrong... but I wouldn't take him early, there are too many reasons why non-prototypical players fail.
Smith was damn good before last year. He was 2nd in REC, 1st in yards, and 1st in TD on Bama the season before. In the he was 5th in REC, 3rd in yards and 3rd in TDs.

Landry as a comp is so so bad. JL was piss poor athlete that has had to use every bit of his route running just to get by. Smith is in a different world when it comes to athletic ability. JL is very poor athlete at the WR position. JL ran a 4.65 laser timed at the combine Smith ran a 4.49 laser timed as a HS Sr at the open. Watch Smith on film he is explosive gets seperation quick and reachs high speed fast. Look at JL 10 and 20 yard splits. His 10 yard was a .6 percentile, that is right 99.4% of the WRs was faster. His 20 yard was a 1.1%. JL has poor top end speed with pretty much zero quickness out the gate. Smith is in a whole different world when it comes to speed/quickness. JL just proves that you can be at least a solid WR on just hands and route running alone. Smith has elite hands and route running. But unlike JL he has very good speed and elite quickness.

To me, the two receivers that teams have to account for on every play are Pitts and Waddle. Defenses will have to game plan for these guys that can line up in so many areas and motion as well. Factor in Waddles punt returns where field postion matters, and you have a nice chess piece. Pitts presents the same mathcup nightmare. Get one of these guys.

To me, the two receivers that teams have to account for on every play are Pitts and Waddle. Defenses will have to game plan for these guys that can line up in so many areas and motion as well. Factor in Waddles punt returns where field postion matters, and you have a nice chess piece. Pitts presents the same mathcup nightmare. Get one of these guys.
I’m confident it will be Waddle if Pitts is gone!

Back
Top Bottom