The Tua-point conversion | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tua-point conversion

The more obvious tank tactic is starting that disaster at QB instead of Fitzpatrick. I’m more and more pissed we wasted two draft picks on that scrub.
In case you forgot, FitzTragic was pretty disastrous when he got replaced. Now that he’s been benched and come back we have restarted the FitzMagic/Tragic cycle. Enjoy the next 4 weeks of playing competitive football until it all goes to **** again.

The play call, pass, and catch; had don't score written all over it. Even if Drake did catch that ball he wasn't getting in the endzone. It looked like it was designed to look like they had every intention of winning the game just to show what this team is capable of, but the right amount of suck to embrace the tank. :lol:
That was us flexing muscles for next season - better watch out AFCE!!

In case you forgot, FitzTragic was pretty disastrous when he got replaced. Now that he’s been benched and come back we have restarted the FitzMagic/Tragic cycle. Enjoy the next 4 weeks of playing competitive football until it all goes to **** again.

Fitzpatrick played the Pats and Ravens. Little different than sucking ass against the Redskins. I dont like Fitzpatrick either but he didnt cost us two picks. Its just kind of funny, soon as Fitzpatrick comes in the game we score two TDs in 3 drives. Its not all on the oline like some people make it out to be. Rosen is just straight terrible.

I’ve read that the players loved the decision. As the underdog that trailed all game and also considering the odds/percentages that others have pointed out, I believe it was the right move.

I can only speculate what Shula or another coach would have done. Shula wasn’t in position to make those decisions often since 2 point conversions only became an option the last couple seasons of his coaching career. And conventional wisdom has been changing over the past decade or so.

if Shula had a team like this one, he may have opted to do the same. We’ll never know. But we do know a couple current coaches have already made the same decision just this season. Typically it’s advantageous for the underdog to try to win it outright if/when the opportunity presents Itself.

While the play call looked bad because it didn’t come close to working, it‘s doubtful anyone would be questioning it if it had worked. As others have noted, other teams have run that play successfully in similar situations.
I still say the only reason you do that there is to send a message to the players and sounds like they liked it. Keep in mind in this case (2 horrific teams), “underdog” is very relative. If we were true underdogs playing Seattle or NE or KC or NO then fine. But the 0-5 Skins? Why put the game on the line for one play when in all likelihood a FG is what would have won the game. We had the momentum and the home field etc. I don’t think it was a good game management decision given the opponent and the way the game played out. And I really don’t think BB or Shula etc go for it there under identical situations. I don’t think the best coaches do that in this case. Under the old OT rules where you might not see the ball it makes more sense. All this said, if it was to send a message to the team then good for Flo.

Fitzpatrick played the Pats and Ravens. Little different than sucking *** against the Redskins. I dont like Fitzpatrick either but he didnt cost us two picks. Its just kind of funny, soon as Fitzpatrick comes in the game we score two TDs in 3 drives. Its not all on the oline like some people make it out to be. Rosen is just straight terrible.
Fitz is more terrible. He can’t threaten the full field w that limp noodle arm. I don’t care who he played. I was at the Ravens game. The guy is not capable of starting any more. He barley ever was. Off the bench fine. But we’ve seen enough of him. Like 16 years enough. We have not seen enough of Rosen. He might suck. But we still haven’t seen enough.

Fitz is more terrible. He can’t threaten the full field w that limp noodle arm. I don’t care who he played. I was at the Ravens game. The guy is not capable of starting any more. He barley ever was. Off the bench fine. But we’ve seen enough of him. Like 16 years enough. We have not seen enough of Rosen. He might suck. But we still haven’t seen enough.

Fitzpatrick is better than Rosen. Tannehill is better than Rosen. I have seen enough of Rosen to make that declaration. The dude just doesnt move the needle. He needs to keep starting though. I dont want anymore close calls like the end of the redskins game with Fitzpatrick in there.

Rosen has thrown 1 TD with the finz. All of preseason and now three starts. He absolutely atrocious.

Fitzpatrick is better than Rosen. Tannehill is better than Rosen. I have seen enough of Rosen to make that declaration. The dude just doesnt move the needle. He needs to keep starting though. I dont want anymore close calls like the end of the redskins game with Fitzpatrick in there.

Rosen has thrown 1 TD with the finz. All of preseason and now three starts. He absolutely atrocious.
It’s very possible. But Fitz can’t play anymore. He can’t play week in and out. His arm is just shot. The way he was used last game is all he has left. I really don’t think we will win w single game. I just don’t see it.

I don't think its a fair evaluation behind this OL and with a real depleted supporting cast. Obviously I wouldn't forego drafting a QB to start Rosen any longer, but he got a very raw deal in the league. I could see him going on to have a long career as a journeyman type.

I still say the only reason you do that there is to send a message to the players and sounds like they liked it. Keep in mind in this case (2 horrific teams), “underdog” is very relative. If we were true underdogs playing Seattle or NE or KC or NO then fine. But the 0-5 Skins? Why put the game on the line for one play when in all likelihood a FG is what would have won the game.

Forget the records. Miami was the underdog heading into the game. Furthermore, they trailed the entire game. And were down by multiple scores until the 4th Q comeback.

So when I say ‘underdog’ that’s what I mean. The flow of the game dictated that WASH was better. That’s how the Dolphins found themselves down 17-3.

Prolonging that game gave the better team a better statistical shot of winning. When you factor in the odds of converting a 2 point play versus going to OT, the decision made logical sense — especially considering the Dolphins talent situation and difficulty moving and scoring the ball.

Forget the records. Miami was the underdog heading into the game. Furthermore, they trailed the entire game. And were down by multiple scores until the 4th Q comeback.

So when I say ‘underdog’ that’s what I mean. The flow of the game dictated that WASH was better. That’s how the Dolphins found themselves down 17-3.

Prolonging that game gave the better team a better statistical shot of winning. When you factor in the odds of converting a 2 point play versus going to OT, the decision made logical sense — especially considering the Dolphins talent situation and difficulty moving and scoring the ball.
I see and respect your POV on this. Just really hard to fathom either team being “better” than the other. Your thought process makes sense.

I see and respect your POV on this. Just really hard to fathom either team being “better” than the other. Your thought process makes sense.

I also get what you're saying too. IMO there's no black and white on this. Just shades of gray.

I just happen to believe it was the best decision given the all circumstances (play call aside). But I can see the argument against. That's precisely why not all teams and coaches make the same decisions all the time. Nothing is absolute.

My main reason for responding, initially, was to counter the notion that the decision demonstrated a coach intentionally trying to lose --- by citing other examples of coaches making the same decision under similar circumstances. I don't believe anybody accused JAX or DEN of trying to lose when they made their decisions.

Fitzpatrick played the Pats and Ravens. Little different than sucking *** against the Redskins. I dont like Fitzpatrick either but he didnt cost us two picks. Its just kind of funny, soon as Fitzpatrick comes in the game we score two TDs in 3 drives. Its not all on the oline like some people make it out to be. Rosen is just straight terrible.
Oh, I’m not disagreeing that it’s very telling about where Rosen is at this time. I didn’t like the trade when it happened, talked myself into it once he was here (which I do all too often, but I guess there are worse things than an incurable case of team-biased optimism), and now I’m remembering why I didn’t like it in the first place.
But those first 2 games it wasn’t just the defenses Fitz was going up against. His ball placement and accuracy the last 2 weeks of the preseason and those first 2 games was simply not good at all, and it actually makes me wonder if his body (or at least his throwing shoulder) simply can’t maintain that level of performance for long durations anymore. Either way, I’m happy to see him back in there and the offense looking respectable for the time being.

right? It's almost as if he's 22 y/o, has easily the worst line in football, awful supporting cast, dreadful coaching and plays for an organization that is actively tanking. Why can't this loser overcome all of this like Tua would?

right? It's almost as if he's 22 y/o, has easily the worst line in football, awful supporting cast, dreadful coaching and plays for an organization that is actively tanking. Why can't this loser overcome all of this like Tua would?

Yeah no one could do better than 1 TD and 5 ints. 52% completion percentage. 57 passer rating.

Oh wait RYAN FITZPATRICK’s busted ass comes in and leads two TD drives out of three in the same game Rosen had 80 yards passing in 10 drives.

Back
Top Bottom