The Tua-point conversion | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tua-point conversion

Not to be a downer, but does this play invite scrutiny from the league given all the tank talk? For one, not often does a coach decide to go for 2 to end a game in regular season when the xp would tie it up. That in of itself is suspicious. But then the playcall is even more suspicious. If you wanted to call a play that had the least likely chance of succeeding, it would be a pass play at the goal line that is thrown to a receiver several yards out of the end zone...
My take is we were trying to win. The play call could have been better. The announcers said he would not have scored even if he caught the ball. I do not think he dropped it on purpose. He wants to play somewhere next year with as big a contract as possible.

I think its become fairly obvious that people do read the thread and just skip your posts...

source.gif

I think its become fairly obvious that people do read the thread and just skip your posts...

You obviously can't help yourself. You just might be trolling but that was too easy to figure out. You need to mask it better next time.

Another dumb response. The original point was no one on this board is qualified to make that decision whether its Tua or not. I get its a message forum full of opinions and that's great, we all have them, but none of us are qualified to scout a QB as much as an NFL GM. However if you read the posts here you would think there are NFL scouts here posting. If he's actually considered the "best" among NFL GM circles by all means draft him, but I'm not listening to some keyboard commando who watches tv on Saturday making that determination. That was the original point. If you took the time to read the thread you would've gotten it instead of just jumping in.

Flush this turd of a post to the depths so that we can give this guy the response he deserves, IMO.

Couple of interesting conversations going on here. First, the logic on the two point conversion
What do you think?

I gathered all 4th and goals from 5 or less for the last 10 years and the success rate kind of surprised me. To a point where I think a team trying to win the game should flat out do it most of the time. Only caveat here is this would introduce alot of variance which is a double edged sword for a 16 game season sport.

I personally liked that they went for the win. Fins had nothing to lose by going for it. Like someone said earlier that play is a staple in the NE offense. However between Geseike and Preston, a fade may have worked. Fades never really worked for the Fins in the past but those guys can jump.

I get it but you’re not an NFL scout

Dude, seriously, you don’t know about qualifying QB for the NFL anymore than I do and vice versa. To me he looks great, especially that he’s got three superstars he’s throwing the ball to. Like I said he looks great on the college level but I have no idea on the NFL level. I’ll leave that up to our GM
I just laugh because a large number of posters here label him the savior and they have no clue
So you cant identify a flaw in his skillset, but his fatal flaw is his supporting cast?

Come on man.

What about Fromm?

So you cant identify a flaw in his skillset, but his fatal flaw is his supporting cast?

Come on man.

What about Fromm?

Flaws have been fixed on the NFL level. Didn't say you couldn't detect it or not. But only the pros know if certain flaws can be fixed or not. Like I said, no problem with opinions but most posters here think they know more than the actual scouts. Not saying all scouts know their **** either. Seems the Fins could use new ones. I saw two Fromm games, to me he looked good, I liked what I saw. However I think Tua has more weapons who look like future NFL WRs. But what do I know I'm just a fan

so flores says they practiced this play all week, and drake says they did, but with a different running back.

hmmmm....

Back
Top Bottom