The Tua-point conversion | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tua-point conversion

clearly tanking but also give credit because it's how teams SHOULD tank. This way there's plausible deniability. You can score a TD and make it look like you're not tanking but at the same time knowing you won't convert the two point conversion therefore controlling whether you win or lose. I'm genuinely worried about people who actually think it wasn't deliberate and that the team isn't tanking. I really don't know what to say to these people.

clearly tanking but also give credit because it's how teams SHOULD tank. This way there's plausible deniability. You can score a TD and make it look like you're not tanking but at the same time knowing you won't convert the two point conversion therefore controlling whether you win or lose. I'm genuinely worried about people who actually think it wasn't deliberate and that the team isn't tanking. I really don't know what to say to these people.
Why do you think going for 2 there gives you a better shot at losing the game than going for the OT win?

If we were "looking to lose" we would have never made it that close to begin with....how do you not see that?

IMO it was more a case of a rookie OC/HC getting a little nervous and calling a poor last play. Their first NFL win on the line playing with the worst talent in the NFL by a wide margin after the Tunsil and Minkah trades

No it was intentional...we had to look like we were trying...got the TD then blew the 2 point attempt on purpose

Why do you think going for 2 there gives you a better shot at losing the game than going for the OT win?

Because you can control the outcome of the conversion...we go to OT we risked a tie

If you can't see they blatantly blew the conversion on purpose I don't know what to tell ya...Tank for Tua is the company policy...fall in line

Because you can control the outcome of the conversion...we go to OT we risked a tie
Yeah just re-read your post, my bad. That being said, I dont see how the coach and players are actively trying to lose games. I think going for 2 was the right call while the playcall was a **** mistake by a rookie OC... In the end, it was a close one but the tank rolls on!

Couple of interesting conversations going on here. First, the logic on the two point conversion, and second, people who aren't excited at the prospect of drafting Tua #1 if he's available.

"I'll leave that up to the GM" is probably the most frightening sentence I have ever read in my life. You're going to let someone else decide for you whether or not you should be excited about that prospect? And on top of that, the person you're going to choose to determine whether or not you should be excited... is Miami's failed Director of College Scouting / GM, Chris Grier?

Yeah just re-read your post, my bad. That being said, I dont see how the coach and players are actively trying to lose games. I think going for 2 was the right call while the playcall was a **** mistake by a rookie OC... In the end, it was a close one but the tank rolls on!

1. They still get paid regardless
2. Winning any game this year is beyond pointless
3. They understand the long game and know by the 2021 season if all goes to plan we'll be set for a decade

6-10 7-9 8-8 seasons don't accomplish anything...Tank...hope the Steelers and Texans suck and load the roster with hungry young talent and use our 150ish million cap space to shore up a haul of veteran talent to lead em...like the Sixers have been saying the last few years...trust the process

A lot of complaining on the play call. Literally have seen NE, among other teams, pull off the same play call successfully on the goal line many times. It wasn’t executed, from blocking to the catch. But the play call wasn’t as bad as some are making it out to be. Riding too much on the outcome.

I think the strong criticism of the playcalling stems from the revelation that they didn't practice that play with the personnel they put on the field. If you're trying to lose, that's brilliant. If you're trying to win,

So players were busts with the first overall so we should not take a player there? A QB was a bust in the first round so we shouldnt take a QB in the first? Where do we take these players then?

Another dumb response. The original point was no one on this board is qualified to make that decision whether its Tua or not. I get its a message forum full of opinions and that's great, we all have them, but none of us are qualified to scout a QB as much as an NFL GM. However if you read the posts here you would think there are NFL scouts here posting. If he's actually considered the "best" among NFL GM circles by all means draft him, but I'm not listening to some keyboard commando who watches tv on Saturday making that determination. That was the original point. If you took the time to read the thread you would've gotten it instead of just jumping in.

Another dumb response. The original point was no one on this board is qualified to make that decision whether its Tua or not. I get its a message forum full of opinions and that's great, we all have them, but none of us are qualified to scout a QB as much as an NFL GM. However if you read the posts here you would think there are NFL scouts here posting. If he's actually considered the "best" among NFL GM circles by all means draft him, but I'm not listening to some keyboard commando who watches tv on Saturday making that determination. That was the original point. If you took the time to read the thread you would've gotten it instead of just jumping in.
You call people dumb, but your overriding point is that you aren't smart enough to make a decision on your own. You want the benefit of hindsight.

The irony is too delicious.

You call people dumb, but your overriding point is that you aren't smart enough to make a decision on your own. You want the benefit of hindsight.

The irony is too delicious.

Never called anyone dumb. I said the response the actual post was dumb

Back
Top Bottom