TheRedzone.org reports Jason Taylor expected to sign with the Jets | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TheRedzone.org reports Jason Taylor expected to sign with the Jets

On the Dolphins’ end of things, source says there's still concern about shoulder rehab while they await the draft to see if they need him. 5 minutes ago via TweetDeck

The Jets have also been clear with JT about expectations of his offseason workouts. They would allow him to work at his own pace. 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

The Jets have made it clear from beginning that they want him to simply rush the passer. No dropping into coverage. JT loves this aspect. 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

For weeks, he sought advice from others close to him about if they’d advocate a decision to join rival. Some supported him. Others didn’t. 7 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Jason's conversations with the Jets began weeks before Jay Feely signed with Cards on April 2. He spoke personally with team reps. 7 minutes ago via TweetDeck

A few nuggets on the JT/Jets situation

http://twitter.com/Jeff_Darlington

:err:

LOT of Jersey folks on this board, myself included, who would take offense. Northwest jersey and the shore are beautiful if you ever go there.

I understand your love of Miami, but let's leave the bashing of NJ to the morons from NYC who have never been anywhere in the state outside of Newark.

You give him a lecture about finfans of NJ only to bash NYC?

How about we just stick to mocking teams..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes. Unless Taylor wants to sell his soul to stay with the Dolphins, he is likely gone.

I know many on this board are saddened he would visit with the Jets, but given our team's treatment of him can anyone blame him?

JT was the one who was being standoffish (sp?) to Parcells during the 2008 offseason by failing to report to OTA's and then reinforcing to Parcells that Dancing With The Stars was more priority then building some kind of rapport with the leader of a newly put together FO.

Parcells at the time who was being labeled as "the guy who ran JT off" possibly put pride aside and welcomed JT back to Miami after his one and done season with the Deadskins.

So how exactly did our team treat him if he was blowing off OTA's to do the mamba and whatnot????

Jason Taylor might eventually sign with the Jets, but his agent says it won’t be today or tomorrow.
The Jets and Rex Ryan are putting the full-court press on the 35-year-old defensive end/outside linebacker with an elaborate two-day visit that began this morning and will include a tour of the new Meadowlands Stadium and the team’s Florham Park, N.J., facility before it ends tomorrow evening.
But Taylor’s agent, Gary Wichard, told The Post this afternoon that Taylor — who is being accompanied by his wife, Katina, on his Jets visit — is in no rush to sign with any team.

“Jason’s going to go back to Miami and think about it for a few days,” Wichard told The Post. “It’s not a situation where he’s being held hostage, so to speak, and won’t leave without signing. He’s not going to sign while he’s there. He’s never been in a situation like this before [actively wooed by a team], and he wants to see what it’s all about.”
Wichard said Ryan called him last weekend and said Taylor was his No. 1 target in free agency now that the Jets had about $1.3 million in room under the NFL’s “Final Eight” rules to sign an unrestricted player following kicker Jay Feely’s departure to Arizona.
Taylor, who has publicly mocked the Jets and their fans over the years, was extremely flattered by Ryan’s contact.
“That showed Jason a lot of respect, that he was the first person they called [after Feely signed with the Cardinals],” Wichard said.
The respect from the former “Dancing With The Stars“ contestant is mutual, according to Wichard.
“Jason wants to win a Super Bowl, and he thinks he can do it with the Jets,” the agent said. “Rex has built a place that fits what Jason is all about.”
Wichard angrily denied speculation that Taylor wants to stay in Miami and is just using the Jets as leverage to revive slow-moving contract talks with the Dolphins or get another rumored suitor, New England, to step up.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_coach_driving_boat_but_taylor_7uEBxuTFBcth0RPm1nY1YJ

Armando Salguero is reporting his wife Katina made the trip with him, if those are not signs of him seriously considering being a jet, I dont know what is.

JT is acting like a two-face *****.

Not defending JT but.....
Wichard said he's heard from a dozen teams about Taylor, and admits he forced Taylor and his wife, Katina, to take the visit, fearing Taylor might run out of options waiting on the Dolphins, the franchise he's played 12 of his 13 seasons.
Then again.....
However, as Wichard points out, what happens if the Dolphins load up on pass-rushing linebackers in the draft and decide not to pursue Taylor this time around? What if teams like the Jets and Patriots have already moved on and don’t have an opening for a 35-year-old with a balky knee and shoulder?
Just saying.......

What this really means IMO is that we are going LB with 1st pick in draft.

I was on the Dez bandwagon if not Berry

Here is the way people on this site will see this...

If he signs with the jest: " Taylor is washed up and he stinks"

If he signs with the Fins: " He is great and will get 10plus sacks!"

The Jets seem to be targeting name players that are way past their prime or lacking the skills to compete at a high level anymore. Cromartie, Tomlinson and now possibly Jason Taylor. They are all "name" players that will sell jerseys and help fill the new Giants Stadium. Really though, they are all players that probably won't make much of an impact and in Tomlinson's case no impact at all. You let Jones walk and sign Tomlinson? I still don't get that.

If this was 3-4 years ago, these signings would look good. Today? Just name players that will trick fans into spending money on their jerseys and paying to see them in person.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/07/jason-taylor-not-expected-to-sign-wednesday/

Fireman Ed was luckily available for an interview: "[Taylor is] such a meathead," he said. Miami fans aren't amused by the thought of Taylor leaving either.

6izozq-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the way people on this site will see this...

If he signs with the jest: " Taylor is washed up and he stinks"

If he signs with the Fins: " He is great and will get 10plus sacks!"

It's always been like that....it goes for any player... homerism is a virus that needs to be vanquished...

If Rosie 0'Donnell is on a talk show: "She's a hideous sweathog"...

If these dopes in Miami's front office sign her to play nose tackle: "She's great with a lot of potential....great signing"!

I am so ****ing sick of going through this Jason Taylor stuff every year.....whereever he goes you can just about bet that he'll be the kiss of death and they won't win more than 7 games...

Taylor went to the skins and weren't there rumblings about Zach possibly going to NE?

NE showed interest in him, but he said he would not even consider it. Something about learning to hate that team over the years. Some of the members have the exact quote on their sigs. I'm sure he felt the same about the jests also, so don't get jealous now!:tongue2:

JT sees it more as a business than his brother in law. That is why I will always like Zach more. Zach's passion and heart for the game were huge (still are from the recent radio interview), that's how I think he was able to become a great LB and deserving of the hall in my book. Class act all the way. I met them both in 2002 and JT was very nice and polite, but Zach was very cool and down to earth. I got some old film photos of that day with a bunch of fins. Maybe I'll scan them one of these days and post them.

Along with a tour of NY's facilities and their new stadium, the Jests also presented JT with a special commemorative uniform...

hunter_green_tutu-1.jpg

The Jets seem to be targeting name players that are way past their prime or lacking the skills to compete at a high level anymore. Cromartie, Tomlinson and now possibly Jason Taylor. They are all "name" players that will sell jerseys and help fill the new Giants Stadium. Really though, they are all players that probably won't make much of an impact and in Tomlinson's case no impact at all. You let Jones walk and sign Tomlinson? I still don't get that.

If this was 3-4 years ago, these signings would look good. Today? Just name players that will trick fans into spending money on their jerseys and paying to see them in person.

I dunno man... with Jason Taylor, 1.3mil is good for a player of his calibur. You cannot fault Rex Ryan at all for wanting to sign a player like JT and have him agree to it at such a cheap contract.

With Cromartie, he may or may not be worth the 2nd round pick (may not), but the guy is still young and is a solid #2. He has major character issues but the potential is there...

The Tomlinson situation is odd... they should have definitely held onto Thomas Jones as he is a better runner at this point than LT but maybe they really believe in that Shown Green runningback they out. They are banking on LT having a bounce back year. I thought this situation was done poorly though.

if Taylor is indeed going to sign with the Jets, it's a move that makes sense for him and the Jets. he's looking for a Super Bowl, the Jets are looking for the final pieces.

Back
Top Bottom