These 10 Ol Plays Are Examples Of Why We're In Trouble Moving Forward... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

These 10 Ol Plays Are Examples Of Why We're In Trouble Moving Forward...

Why does it show it's not on Tannehill? Why does he always get an excuse? I swear there is a large number of posters who either A) Dont watch any football out side of the Dolphins , so you have no idea what good QB play looks like or B) Tannehill is related to half of this board, like you all have done 23 and me and seen Tannehill is your 2nd cousin.

Tannehill is part of the problem, no doubt about it, he is and has been a problem for 7 years. Does the line suck? YES and so my friends does Tannehill.
Tannehill sucks?

The rest of the board doesn’t watch other games? Lol ok buddy

As RT is scrutinized for a couple bad plays a game, people think other QBs seem to be mistake free 100% of the time and hit every single deep toss

Oh btw- yes the Pats game was awful by RT AND everyone else. But he sucks? Your posts suck.

That first example was on drake. He tried to bust that inside, but if he stayed outside he's getting a very solid gain. The rest of the plays, Dear God we're soft as Charmin. On most of those the OL are getting solid positioning and just overpowered. Toughen up buttercup

Last edited:
As much as that video clip shows how our offensive line isn't getting it done I'm so tired of drafting offensive lineman and we still never get the line fixed.

You're tired of the Dolphins drafting offensive lineman

In the past 4 years we've drafted 3 offensive lineman

1. Isaac Asiata
2. Laremy Tunsil
3. Jamil Douglas

2 are turds and one is average
3 offensive line picks in 4 years(30 picks) let that sink in

A 4th rounder and a 5th rounder and a first rounder

Makes me sick we don't draft MORE offensive lineman
but what the hell would we do if we drafted more
offensive lineman...Doesn't seem like we can develop anyone

this all started with philbin and his "finesse" zone blocking scheme...philbin signed a bunch of pussies and drafted jon martin, dallas thomas, jamil douglas etc.

wasted picks and wasted money on lineman for years...the verdict is still out on james and tunsil, just because theyre the best of our bunch doesnt mean theyre good...

we need some nasty, punch you in the mouth kinda linemen....like a whole line full of richie incognitos. For as much of a hothead he was i still think Martin was a little bitch and made a big deal about nothing. Incognito played with severe aggression and he would always have his teammates backs, he set the tone.

Nothing will change until we get some nasty mf'ers and rid ourselves of physically weak, mentally inept lineman.

Good point. Wonder how long we have had our current scouts for

I would love the opportunity to be able to talk to someone in the organization and just find out some answers. Not that I have the answer but my lord someone in the scouting industry has to be better than what we have. I would give my left nut to be able to watch college football and be an NFL scout....what a dream job. Not to mention how much $$$ I’m sure they make

I would love the opportunity to be able to talk to someone in the organization and just find out some answers. Not that I have the answer but my lord someone in the scouting industry has to be better than what we have. I would give my left nut to be able to watch college football and be an NFL scout....what a dream job. Not to mention how much $$$ I’m sure they make
If we had a scouting department made up of some of the better posters on this site, we would be much better of draft wise

Great analysis. Thank you for this video review.

To those who always wanted to criticize Jesse Davis … now you know why we started him instead of Larsen. Davis is doing a good job all in all. Larsen is still shaking the rust off. We _really_ miss Josh Sitton … and not only because he was our best lineman, but also because his position is often extremely hard because while the LT typically takes the best speed rusher, the LG usually takes the quickest DT and sees a lot of stunts/twists. Plugging someone into that spot is always rough, because the LT needs competent help, and the C is usually overmatched physically, so the LG usually has little margin for error. Larsen isn't there yet, and had a very rough day. But, for the Patriots, 53 beat everyone he went against at least once … and sometimes the other team plays well too.

Earlier in the season we saw what this offense can do with pass protection and open run lanes … and those times looked pretty good honestly. But with the OL having so many breakdowns, that "weakest link" typically wrecks the play, wrecking the set of downs, and grinds the offense into the mud. We need to get this worked out. Losing both of our free agent solutions really hurt. Watching Pouncey have a healthy season in San Di.... errrrr Los Angeles doesn't make Dolphins fans feel particularly lucky. Our FA choice at C, Kilgore, looked decent, albeit not great. But his replacement, Swanson, looked highly challenged, out of his depth quickness-wise, and jittery making a bad snap. Wouldn't it be great if Jake Brendel were healthy right about now? Now we bring in Wesley Johnson, a journeyman with average quickness and power who was cut loose by the Jets. Not a recipe for success.

At the end of the day, we're not an all-star team. We're a team with strengths and weaknesses, like every NFL team. Our challenge will be to figure out how to use those strengths and camouflage or de-emphasize those weaknesses. Gase is good at that, but he picks his spots. The trick plays against the Raiders were the best expression of that. Great game plan, wonderful use of speed, nice setup, and good problems to present to opposing DC's. But most of all, they made a difference that may have tipped the game into the Win column.

But, if we don't get this OL sorted out … not sure we'll be close enough to have those trick plays and good game planning really tip the scales. Tannehill's luck with OL hasn't been great.

Back
Top Bottom