This is why we drafted Chad Henne! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is why we drafted Chad Henne!

Keep in mind that editing can make any player look great when you only edit together the good plays. If you edit together all the incompletions and interceptions from that game I'm sure he'd look terrible.

I'm not saying Henne is or isn't the right guy, but just beware of the clever editing.

im 100% by the pick of henne..he is going to be a franchise qb for many years to come

I think if Henne plays his career in Mike Belotti or Urban Myers' offense he's a Top 10 pick. The physical talent is undeniable. Lloyd Carr had one of the most quarterback unfriendly offenses in college. No QB is ever going to look good in that offense. That offense made Tom Brady look like a 6th rounder. The only time Carr ever took the reigns off of him was his final game of his coaching career against Florida after he had already been fiired/resigned when he had nothing to lose, The Wolverines installed the spread offense just for that game and Henne goes 25 of 39 for 373 yards and 3 touchdowns He could have done that routinely if Carr wasn't such a dinosaur. That was more pass attempts and multiple WR sets in one game than he sometimes got in a month.

Then Henne goes to the Senior Bowl and gets to cut it loose like everyone else on a level field and he completely outshines the competition.

At 32...agreed.....but at 57??? Great value.

This is the correct answer. I'll defend Beck against the hordes, but Henne was easily the smart play at this position. The drop-off at QB after Henne was far more dramatic than at any other position.

There are only 16 Dolphins games a season (not likely we make the playoffs yet). There is a whole year's worth of Mad Dog shows that I listen to. Just listening to him strut his ME-chigan stuff around is reason enough for this pick :)

you better believe Jim's celebrating tonight down at Ziggy's in Islamarada.

I'm not upset with Henne because of who he is, i'm upset because of the position he plays. Just don't think we needed to address QB this year. Would rather have gone WR/CB with that pick.

But he's ours now whether I like the pick or not so i'm hopeful he can do well.

Anyway here he is vs ND http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D25D6TUTDA&feature=related

I have to admit I love his deep ball.

Seriously.. I wasnt too impressed by that highlight video.. John Becks highlights videos are far better...

We should not judge either QB based on their YouTube college highlight reals. Their college careers are over now. That's all in the books. Both QBs are Dolphins, so the only thing we should judge them on is how well they play in the NFL, because that's all that matters.

he steps into every throw thats the best part

I'm not a Henne basher, I actually liked the kid his entire career at Michigan. He has a fairly quick release, strong arm, ability to stay composed while under pressure, he's tough, he's clutch, he's a leader ... he has a lot of things I really admire. But, I'm also not convinced that he's definitely the answer. He is a lot like John Beck, and IMHO the jury is still out on both of them but the competition is wide open. With Henne as the new regime's pick and having youth on his side, Beck will have to win the competition outright to get a shot. But I like having 2 options rather than 1.

On the other hand, this is essentially a highlight reel, and everyone looks good in those. He played a good team and had a very good game. But, he only threw into tight coverage 5 times and on 2 of those occasions (both receptions btw) the receiver had to make a massive adjustment to catch the ball, and one of them really should have been intercepted. Henne isn't even a full inch taller than Beck, so he's a bit on the shortish side, but QB height has never been the big factor for me that it is to some other people. However, Henne simply must improve his accuracy. He is one of the more accurate guys in this draft, behind only Brohm and Ryan by my estimation (ahead of Flacco and all the other developmental QB's). Still, Henne needs to be more consistently accurate.

He comes from a very good Michigan system that gives QB's a very solid base upon which to build. I like him as a prospect, but I'm definitely not ready to annoint him the QB of the future. The Dolphins have had 2 HOF QB's in Marino and Griese, but we've also had a lot of journeymen QB's like David Woodley and Jay Fiedler. Here's hoping that either Henne or Beck can become a good QB. Nobody expects them to ever be great.

OH MAN!!!

Look at what Jake Long does to Derrick Harvey (or whatever End that was) at 1:19 in that video.

AMAZING. AMAZING. He flips the guy in the air!!!

This pick can go either way. IMO i dont think we need a QB who has to toss the rock for 300 yds a game. We need someone who can manage the game w/o turnovers. If we can put together a great running game with R&R i think we'll be fine. Henne's quick release is going to come in handy because who know's how our line will hold up. I like his size and his arm strength i just think this guy is over evaluated and people nit pick at him.

Back
Top Bottom