This is why we drafted Chad Henne! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is why we drafted Chad Henne!

Henne was a very good pick and is obviously whom the FO wanted to be our Qb. Obviously Irleland and parcells are not as in love with beck as some would have u believe. I still think beck will be given every chance to succeed but it looks like a three way qb race. Beck's hero should be Derek Anderson and he will have to emulate him to probably be our starter for long or at all.
Hell Im happy we have three chances to have a solid nfl starter, we were far from settled at the position and now we have options instead of restarting this same mess again in a year.

We should not judge either QB based on their YouTube college highlight reals. Their college careers are over now. That's all in the books. Both QBs are Dolphins, so the only thing we should judge them on is how well they play in the NFL, because that's all that matters.

I completely agree with you. And im sure this lit a fire under under Becks ***

Man, I wish I could have my life judged on one good day I had.

It happens all the time, look at the combine, look at real life even Sales guys make one big sale, get promoted etc, etc, not fair always but it happens..

Also Chad has had some great games, hes got a GREAT TD/INT ratio and over 130QB rating each year. BIG GUY and has great vision on the field, and the front office says this was their MAN all along!

Also LONG loves him and already knows what he pays like etc...

I am not overjoyed that we drafted a QB on day 1 ... but since we did -- i am happy that it is Henne !

I don't know if Beck OR Henne can be the QB to LEAD this team to a SB, but i do know that Henne is the QB i have wanted on this team for the last 2 years ... (less Cutler)

Henne was a very good pick and is obviously whom the FO wanted to be our Qb. Obviously Irleland and parcells are not as in love with beck as some would have u believe. I still think beck will be given every chance to succeed but it looks like a three way qb race. Beck's hero should be Derek Anderson and he will have to emulate him to probably be our starter for long or at all.
Hell Im happy we have three chances to have a solid nfl starter, we were far from settled at the position and now we have options instead of restarting this same mess again in a year.

Henne was a value at #57. You think BP & Co. thought he would be there that late in the 2nd? If this was more about Beck then they would have taken him at 32 or Ryan with the first.
My problem with the pick is Henne would have been there in the 3rd and they could have used the 57 on a starter. I also dont see Henne as an upgrade over Beck. It will make for an interesting Training Camp.

Dude looks down his receiver and was never anything special in college. I don't know where the hype came from, but if we wanted a quarterback to compete against John Beck, Parcells should have just acquired David Carr, who is exactly the same type of quarterback Chad Henne is minus the accuracy.

John Beck will beat him out easily.

For the first time in long time we finally have a real QB competition with two legitamte talented young QB. A GM that finally did something about improving the most important spot on roster. Saying that I hope John Beck win the starting spot, but now a least we have good option with Henne

Dude looks down his receiver and was never anything special in college. I don't know where the hype came from, but if we wanted a quarterback to compete against John Beck, Parcells should have just acquired David Carr, who is exactly the same type of quarterback Chad Henne is minus the accuracy.

John Beck will beat him out easily.

Funny, you comparing Henne to Carr when Beck was the one sacked once every 10.7 dropbacks last year.

guys a joke.. says it right there when you search chad henne in youtube..the very first video is named chad henne is a joke..impressive for a duy to be a FIN. This pick is horrible and we needed a CB, LB, or WR bad. I watched that highlight reel of the capital one bowl and was not impressed at all. He stares at his recievers on every play except for one, and it was about 4:00 minutes into the film. He also had 2 int's that game. he is horrible

my only complaint in that video was the play where henne was down feild and had a oppurtunity to block a guy for his reciever and he just stood there. what a prick i thought. he makes a block or even an attempt and that play may have gone for six. it's not what your supposed to do on the field it's what your not supposed to do that make you great. were there alot of other instances like that from him?

Love the Henne pick, it wasn't because of one good day.

What also jumps out at me is his receivers, Manningham and Arrington....would love to see one or both of those guys in Miami.

He looks pretty good but it's a little tough to gauge. Lot's more pressure in the NFL and all......
I noticed 2 things though. Jake Long is a monster! Nobody got by him. When they did, it was a planned screen where he let them go.
Another thing, who the hell are those receivers?!!! That #16 is one bad dude...

I'm sure Parcells took Henne because of one good game. Did any of you let Wayne know that you were available for the job, before he hired that bum Parcells? I mean you all seem to be more qualified..... Quick, get down to the war room and take over, before they screw up day two !!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom