This likely means Tindall's starting | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This likely means Tindall's starting

I, too, think we are in the market for an ex-starting TE. Sign a 5–10-year vet for one season... Wait til they get down to about 2M/year... then sign and start him. Then point at the rookie standing behind him.

I, too, think we are in the market for an ex-starting TE. Sign a 5–10-year vet for one season... Wait til they get down to about 2M/year... then sign and start him. Then point at the rookie standing behind him.
Yeah it’ll be hard to just go into the season only depending on a rookie

I like he veterans j off has brought up, Josh Oliver and Foster Moreau

Vet, Smythe, Rookie

Should work just as well if not better than last years group

Gesicki will be productive if they used him correctly
To a point, yes. I don’t think he can make those contested catches / be a safety valve for his QB. I really want someone who can snag the ball in traffic, get some tough yards underneath, break a tackle here and there etc.

I believe Gesicki is a good guy and a great teammate. Unfortunately he isn’t a true TE and he just doesn’t fit the MCDaniel offense. MCDaniel wants a TE to first be a great blocker in the running game and also an above average pass receiver. Gesicki was an above average receiver but he basically sucked as a blocker.

‘’’Gesicki will find a team that is looking for a player with his skill set but unfortunately it won’t be the Dolphins.

I'm not a big fan of MG, but he WAS used wrong. He's a seam guy and intermediate crosser - two things Mcd seems repulsed by. Like most TEs, he shoul;d do well in the short stop routes QBs use as safety valves - again, not in Mcd's play book. In spite of that, poor blocker and not quick in his breaks

I'm not a big fan of MG, but he WAS used wrong. He's a seam guy and intermediate crosser - two things Mcd seems repulsed by. Like most TEs, he shoul;d do well in the short stop routes QBs use as safety valves - again, not in Mcd's play book. In spite of that, poor blocker and not quick in his breaks
Agree for the most part, I wouldn't say McD is against using the seam and intermediate crossers. That area of the field is where Hill/Waddle often feasted. If that's what you are doing, you can't have the TE drawing defenders into the area.

I see the draft being totally focused on defense. Fangio will want a few more players. The defense ranked poorly last year.
It needs new parts that are better fit and upgrades for his system
I see this draft as BPA while we use FA to test out a lot of defensive players.
I'll let you know if Grier wants my opinion. - LOL

My take on the LBs. Baker starts this year. The starter at MLB will be a vet that we sign during the second or third wave of Free Agency... maybe Pratt or Vander Esch. Their immediate backups will be Tindall and a drafted rookie, and we'll probably have one other guy who is either a UDFA or a career backup type like Riley.
I was always a fan of Vander Esch and I wanted us to draft him, but what do I know. - LOL

I believe Gesicki is a good guy and a great teammate. Unfortunately he isn’t a true TE and he just doesn’t fit the MCDaniel offense. MCDaniel wants a TE to first be a great blocker in the running game and also an above average pass receiver. Gesicki was an above average receiver but he basically sucked as a blocker.

‘’’Gesicki will find a team that is looking for a player with his skill set but unfortunately it won’t be the Dolphins.

Well said!

Agree for the most part, I wouldn't say McD is against using the seam and intermediate crossers. That area of the field is where Hill/Waddle often feasted. If that's what you are doing, you can't have the TE drawing defenders into the area.

Agree completely which is one reason I don't think MG fits.
OTOH, fans saw last year opposing Ds just sat on those crossing routes. While MG didn't fit, Mcd HAS TO have more variation in route trees and schemes.

I see this draft as BPA while we use FA to test out a lot of defensive players.
I'll let you know if Grier wants my opinion. - LOL
Ive gone from a fan that tracked everything about the team and players to more of a shoot from the hip analyst. Lol
I just hope they can get the right players and we get some luck with the injuries

Back
Top Bottom