This morning’s CONSENSUS MOCK | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This morning’s CONSENSUS MOCK

Simmons is an excellent player, but I don’t really see his fit in our defensive scheme. He would most likely end up taking snaps from McMillan or Baker unless he converts back to a safety. As two of our younger, improving, defensive players I’d prefer to see them on the field and us targeting players that fill the massive holes we have on the roster.
He can play any of the LB positions, both safety positions in a pinch, is far from a liability on passing downs, and will probably be top five fastest guy on the team.

He wouldn't be a shock to go at 5, of we weren't starving for a signal caller in the draft that goods QBs are all over the place.

Anyone who hasn't voted in the 2020 Site Awards, please cast your ballot soon! Voting ends at Noon EST and there is a tie for Rookie of the Year! Let your voice be heard!

Trade two 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick for the first pick in the draft and select Joe Burrow. Don’t look back.

Burrow is already positioning that he wants to play for a team committed to winning a Super Bowl, clearly aimed at the Bengals organization. The Bengals are already releasing info on how impressed the organization was with Herbert during Senior Bowl week. The trade works out in every NFL Draft Value Chart ever created.

Make it happen.

He can play any of the LB positions, both safety positions in a pinch, is far from a liability on passing downs, and will probably be top five fastest guy on the team.

He wouldn't be a shock to go at 5, of we weren't starving for a signal caller in the draft that goods QBs are all over the place.

I don't value the safety position like some do around here... nor the WSLB coverage position. I have them valued below Guards and Centers. I don't believe in taking them early... and yes, I HATED the Minkah pick. The only Linebacker that I'd take early is the 3-4 edge rusher, and I don't think that is going to be Simmons role in the NFL.

We literally tanked for Tua. Tua, his agent, and his family have been all over Miami this week basically letting everyone know he wants to be here. The hip injury is not as serious as first thought. He’s a lock to go top 5 and may go top 3. There is not a chance that we pass on Tua. The only way we lose him is if some team trades ahead of us.
You’re probably right but I don’t want to see us trade up to get Tua 2-3 spots like some are suggesting

Simmons is an excellent player, but I don’t really see his fit in our defensive scheme. He would most likely end up taking snaps from McMillan or Baker unless he converts back to a safety. As two of our younger, improving, defensive players I’d prefer to see them on the field and us targeting players that fill the massive holes we have on the roster.

He plays 3 positions so I don’t agree he’s not a fit for MIA. Clemson used him as a CB, cover LB and S-great speed and size, great tackler. IMO He would be ideal for Miami’s D. My feeling about 1st round picks is you should select playmakers-players who throw TDs, score TDs, get INTs or Sacks/TFL. That’s it. The only exception to that rule would be a tackle

I don't value the safety position like some do around here... nor the WSLB coverage position. I have them valued below Guards and Centers. I don't believe in taking them early... and yes, I HATED the Minkah pick. The only Linebacker that I'd take early is the 3-4 edge rusher, and I don't think that is going to be Simmons role in the NFL.
In the modern NFL and the emergence of the TE it’s critical to have a big time Safety

Simmons would give us more range in the second level. Offset some of Kwons range issues and provide some more much needed tackling in the back 7. That corner usage was probably largely about sticks and playing way off or a drop out zone I doubt it’s any carry coverage against boundary wr talent. So it’s a little overblown imo

I’m still not taking it over a qb top 5

You're missing the point...

Simmons plays ALL of those positions well...including 3-4 edge rusher morphing into SAM over the TE for a 4-3 under look.

If we weren't in the market for a QB, Inwould have no problem taking him at 5.

Simmons pass rush would be blitz/gap blitz slot blitz and overload depending on the package.

he isn’t a 34 olb ask other than decoy type stuff depending on package. Not enough lead in the pants to win vs nfl tackles

so don’t value it for it

Simmons pass rush would be blitz/gap blitz slot blitz and overload depending on the package.

he isn’t a 34 olb ask other than decoy type stuff depending on package. Not enough lead in the pants to win vs nfl tackles

so don’t value it for it

Have you watched Murray out of Oklahoma and an off the ball option?

yes explosive give us much needed range also. But similar to Jerome baker in terms of role so I doubt it unless they want to have a 3rd solid off ball lb option.

More athlete than instincts at this stage I’d say but showed more off ball lb instincts in college than baker did who played more like a safety at that point.

I like Murray top 25 to top 40 he’s gonna test well but again ask imo similar to baker

ego did nothing to think we are good with 3 starting caliber off ball backers but this scheme we play largely two anyways.

we need another piece I just don’t know that I see it 1st round for us as priority

I think Murray is very underrated. I link it to the big12 no defense arguement but that's just me. Whoever grabs him late in the 1st is getting a special player. I have him as my dark horse for D player of the year next season.

Back
Top Bottom