This morning’s CONSENSUS MOCK | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This morning’s CONSENSUS MOCK

yes explosive give us much needed range also. But similar to Jerome baker in terms of role so I doubt it unless they want to have a 3rd solid off ball lb option.

More athlete than instincts at this stage I’d say but showed more off ball lb instincts in college than baker did who played more like a safety at that point.

I like Murray top 25 he’s gonna test well but again ask imo similar to baker
there are time where he seems lost...bad reads or late reads. HE was burned by RPOs a few times. He is excellent at blitzing, but I think you are correct, he has value if the team is looking to upgrade Baker.

there are time where he seems lost...bad reads or late reads. HE was burned by RPOs a few times. He is excellent at blitzing, but I think you are correct, he has value if the team is looking to upgrade Baker.

yeah Murray needs to play with more lb instincts no doubt. That’s a bit of a flag but he’s gonna fly to the ball and he packs a punch when he gets there.

and he’s gonna test damn well

There’s another lb I like out of auburn but he’s undersized a little. Fire plug. Runs to the football. Miami might not green light that height though. He can thump. Explosive. Fire hydrant

Britt I think his name is

We literally tanked for Tua. Tua, his agent, and his family have been all over Miami this week basically letting everyone know he wants to be here. The hip injury is not as serious as first thought. He’s a lock to go top 5 and may go top 3. There is not a chance that we pass on Tua. The only way we lose him is if some team trades ahead of us.

I agree we're Tua all the way. The only thing that slightly gives me pause was a comment that the Owner, Ross made. He said something along that lines that Tua was an excellent player BUT "He worries about his health!"

It's subtle. But if the owners thinking that then you better believe Grier and Flo are thinking about it as well. I think his medical is going to have a bigger impact on if the Dolphins draft him or not more than some realize.

Last edited:
There’s another lb I like out of auburn but he’s undersized a little. Fire plug. Runs to the football. Miami might not green light that height though. He can thump. Explosive. Fire hydrant

Britt I think his name is

I think Britt returned...he does play like he hate everything.

I'll fight you for Simmons. Read my previous post. He's my #1 defensive player in this entire draft and it isn't even close. You can take your "Young" and shove it.
ANUF, give me some perspective on SIMMONS that I maybe missing, if you could? The couple times I've seen him play, I was very unimpressed. All I could see was a "chaser", ala KIKO ALONSO. I'd appreciate your POV. Thanks

I think Britt returned...he does play like he hate everything.

didn’t know that. Smart for him. Might be able to play himself into a top 25 pick next year.

to finish on Murray he does take a lot of bait so eye candy could be a problem.I think I’d have to rely a lot on coaching to take his assignment play and feel for the position up a level. Otherwise I’m gonna pass early

that frame and atblete though is gonna do a lot of selling

Trade two 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick for the first pick in the draft and select Joe Burrow. Don’t look back.

It's not a terrible idea, but trading all of that capital for burrow makes me a little nervous. Is he a one-year wonder and a product of the LSU system? I had never heard of him before this year. At least with Tua, we know what we are getting if his medical looks good.

If it’s not qb top 5 and I’m full on convinced that unless we get jumped for our qb that it in fact will be a qb I think I’m turning in either the okudah or thomas card at 5.

I’ve seen some stuff with Andrew Thomas sliding and I don’t see evidence of that on tape. I think he’s plug and play solid left tackle.

more plug and play than any other tackle in the class imo.

okudah just has special feet and footwork. I got to bet on it

didn’t know that. Smart for him. Might be able to play himself into a top 25 pick next year.

to finish on Murray he does take a lot of bait so eye candy could be a problem.I think I’d have to rely a lot on coaching to take his assignment play and feel for the position up a level. Otherwise I’m gonna pass early

that frame and atblete though is gonna do a lot of selling

He actually remind me of a better version of Stephone Anthony coming out. A little more instinctive, slightly better range.

I look at it like this, having great defensive pieces and elite guys is important yes but nothing over rides a QB. The top sack guy in the super bowl is armstead who was like 12th in the league, top tackle guy in the super bowl was like 18th. The defensive player of the year was abused by Parker which cause them a real run at the super bowl.

If Bosa missed today the spread likely wouldn’t move, if jimmy g had the flu and could t play the line would move 7 or more points. And he is clearly the 2nd best QB in the game. QB rules all and you have to have take a chance, Jackson and Mahones were a chance. So was jimmy g, sometimes it pays off like this other times it doesn’t but this organization can not be seen as trying to win a super bowl if they ignore or push aside the QB position.

He actually remind me of a better version of Stephone Anthony coming out. A little more instinctive, slightly better range.

anthony was utterly lost on college tape. I remember when that day 2 off ball lb run came and somehow he started it and I was like Miami don’t be asleep at the wheel cause I wanted Eric Kendrick’s. Of course we were.

I like Murray more than anthony who outside of frame I thought had zero feel for the position I think he’s got a lot more range etc but I also think Murray’s conference does him no favors in preparing for the pro game. So he’s got more learning curve than top 25 to 40 say picks at off ball lb.

There’s no way 6 foot 2 and 235 built like a brick **** house with fluidity and range and explosion like that is gonna last too long. I’d bet he clocks 4.5s

someone buys in. They always do

Back
Top Bottom