This team has a different feel | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This team has a different feel

The thing that's different this year - and I don't remember when this has happened the last time - is that after six weeks, all our victories have been at least two-score affairs. In the last ten years or so, we rarely beat teams with two scores. It was always 3, 4, 7 point victories. Don't know what to make of it. We'll see.

Wasn't the same thing true last year coming off the win against NE in week 15? We controlled our own destiny and only needed a win against a 5-9 Bills team or a 7-8 Jets team.

We weren't out gaining opponents by 50 yards per game last year. Hell we haven't done that since 2002.

Before the season I said it was a 9-7 team... still feel that's about right

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Well look....it's still early....and they have to win the games...but I think this is a 10 win team potentially.

I had major concerns before the season....mainly the O-line and would Tannehil keep progressing.

Right now I am happy and feeling good about where we are at.

If we had closed out the Packers like we should have....we'd be 4-2...looking at 5-2 this weekend....so we are close to being there.

Looking at the schedule....right now I see 10 wins.

I see close losses to Denver, New England & Detroit.....winning the rest of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
nope this team has the feeling as all the teams in previous years have. we will play down to the jags

Well look....it's still early....and they have to win the games...but I think this is a 10 team potentially.

I had major concerns before the season....mainly the O-line and would Tannehil keep progressing.

Right now I am happy and feeling good about where we are at.

If we had closed out the Packers like we should have....we'd be 4-2...looking at 5-2 this weekend....so we are close to being there.

Looking at the schedule....right now I see 10 wins.

I see close losses to Denver, New England & Detroit.....winning the rest of them.

I think if we're a good team we'll do better than 5-5. The thing is, I don't think Philbin should get a pass with anything less than 10-6 which is a mediocre team going into the playoffs. I think 10-6 would have been likely if we were 4-2 and we should be 4-2. The reason we are not is because it took Philbin 38 games to figure out how to best use Tannehill, and now there is a delay on developing Taylor, Jordan, and several other rookies that should have got more play time last year. He's provided no competiton for Sturgis who will likely cost him his job. I just think Philbin is a poor coach who may get to 9-6 but doesn't deserve a pass. The problem is Hickey should be the one to hire and fire the coach but Ross has taken that away from him. The whole team structure is a problem that magnifies losses and cripples them from stringing wins.

We weren't out gaining opponents by 50 yards per game last year. Hell we haven't done that since 2002.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/nfl-week-8-power-rankings-and-picks-1414188267

The team is certainly headed the right direction, only the people so entrenched in their Philbin hatred can't see it.

The only question for me is which Tannehill are we going to get? If its the Tannehill from the first 3 weeks we'll struggle to win 8 games. If its the Tannehill from the past 3 weeks the first round bye is still in play. Time will tell.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/nfl-week-8-power-rankings-and-picks-1414188267

The team is certainly headed the right direction, only the people so entrenched in their Philbin hatred can't see it.

The only question for me is which Tannehill are we going to get? If its the Tannehill from the first 3 weeks we'll struggle to win 8 games. If its the Tannehill from the past 3 weeks the first round bye is still in play. Time will tell.

Agreed....however there is reason to argue Tannehill's improvement in the last 3 games was in how he is being utilized now....which supports the idea that the we can expect it to continue.

The thing that's different this year - and I don't remember when this has happened the last time - is that after six weeks, all our victories have been at least two-score affairs. In the last ten years or so, we rarely beat teams with two scores. It was always 3, 4, 7 point victories. Don't know what to make of it. We'll see.

We're scoring more points.

Whether we make the playoffs or not we shall see but you can't deny chemistry is much better this year

Whether we make the playoffs or not we shall see but you can't deny chemistry is much better this year

As tough as our schedule is, I honestly think that's going to stop this team is itself. If our offense continues to improve in the passing game, we are a playoff team. Period.

Not for nothin....but if you haven't seen a different "swag" from the on-field product the last game and a half then I can't see how you are watching our games. Doesn't mean everything is fixed and we are destined to win out, but IMO it's just a fact that we have seen some things settle in and begin to click with our offense.

Miami killed Oakland so idk about this playing down to our opponent jazz. That is one thing that is different. Destroy the bad teams

if they want to really be different, they will beat the jags by a large margin instead of 'Playing down" and they will beat the chargers at home, bringing us to 5-3. then to continue "being different" they will split with the bills, either split or sweep the jets and patriots, win the division and make and win a playoff game or two. Then they would be different than any time in the last 13 years.

if they want to really be different, they will beat the jags by a large margin instead of 'Playing down" and they will beat the chargers at home, bringing us to 5-3. then to continue "being different" they will split with the bills, either split or sweep the jets and patriots, win the division and make and win a playoff game or two. Then they would be different than any time in the last 13 years.
I feel like that will happen too . Only time will tell but this offense is clearly better then any offense since Marino

Yet we're 3-3 and in 3rd place. First place would be a different feel. Third place just feels the same as it has in the past.

Back
Top Bottom