This Wasn't Half as Bad a Draft as some are Making Out | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Wasn't Half as Bad a Draft as some are Making Out

oh man you guys just don´t understand how much of an impact your insights and explanation have on a european guy like me,where the favorite sport is soccer. I mean i know the rules pretty good, because i follow up this sport for over 12 years now, i used to play at WR in the first german league and the talent in that league was really average maybe in the states it would be somehting like a single A team in baseball, but after i finished playing i became a TV Fan of the dolphins for over 10 years now and to go to this board and read all these posts from people that really know their stuff, really helped me out to understand what our team is all about. and it doesn´t matter if there is offseason or regular season.

so long greets from the european in germany

actually at the moment i see some dolphins play football in berlin with sedrick irvin and josh symonetteand that guy i never heard before in Lamanzer Williams

Originally posted by finfan54

Boomer had a little help from his friends but if you want to give all your bows and cheers to boomer i say more power to ya! drew rosenhous loves the limelight. maybe boomer wants to be just like drew? hmmmmmmmmmm. j/k but could you change your name, i keep thinking of chris cheeseburger berman. i hate berman.

Fin Fan - what does that mean buddy? Which friends did I get help from??? I'm not a fan of the limelight, I'm just a fan of the truth and I think at times people get blurred because of what they hear on Sportscenter about playmakers etc and they need to study the film a little to get a clearer understanding of what happens. And the work I do is ALL my own work. Every last drop of it. But if you could enlighten me on what your comment meant I would be grateful.

Al - big up the Europeans my friend. London loves ya !!

I'm not knocking Greenwood

Originally posted by finfan54
Greenwood is the same. Because he isn't recording 10 sacks or making game changing plays, people assume he must be rubbish. Far from the truth. Whilst Morlon would be the first to agree that he hasn't been outstanding for us, he's certainly been a lot better than many people make out. You have to understand about systems.

i read the part about greenwood boomer, and i agree with most of what you say. marlon has been solid and yes he isnt supposed to get sacks, and he is not supposed to get INT's and cover the LB's as much as the other LB. But he is suppose to step up and make tackles and fill holes in a hurry. i have only seen marlon do that maybe 5 times on his own since being here. he always seem a step slow getting to the play on his side and zach somehow gets there first or at the same time.
I like marlon, but i just wish something would light a fire under his ars and say " allright, time to kick it up a notch!" he just doesnt seem to do that. he hasnt caused any fumbles that i have ever seen. for once i would love to see this guy step up and fill a hole and smack the RB coming through! just dont see it.

I am curious about one thing with Greenwood. I remember when Jones was our strong side LB not only would he funnel the play back in, but he would usually make a tackel up the field, sometimes resulting in a loss. I'm no expert and maybe they changed things up a bit, but it does seem that Greenwood does a good job at containing, but does not race up and make the tackle while Jones would contain and then race up and make the tackle. I'm sure Greenwood will improve as he gains more experience. Thoughts?

Steve

hey boom , you are from london for real ? i mean you must have moved over right ?

I am indeed from London, Al. I'm English born and bred. I've only been to America twice in my life, both on holiday!!!!

Steve, I agree. I think Morlon needs to be more reactive at times. I think he's been feeling his way through the system and getting more and more comfotable. I truly think that he is ready to make more of the plays that Jones made in his 1st year here.

Thats good to hear

Originally posted by Boomer
I am indeed from London, Al. I'm English born and bred. I've only been to America twice in my life, both on holiday!!!!

Steve, I agree. I think Morlon needs to be more reactive at times. I think he's been feeling his way through the system and getting more and more comfotable. I truly think that he is ready to make more of the plays that Jones made in his 1st year here.

I think it is to early to give up a guy like Greenwood. What do you think of Brock Marion? Does he have any gas left in the tank? Or will Freeman be able to unseat him this year?

Sidenote: How are things in London these days? My ancestors are from England (Wales actually) and my wife is 1/2 Irish. My wife used to visit Ireland often when she was young and one day I would love for her, our daughters, and I to have a chance to visit. It may take 5 or 10 years to do it, but I am looking forward to making a trip on holiday to Ireland, Scotland and England.

Steve

Again I agree Steve - WAY too early to give up on Morlon. Plus he's shown me enough.

Brock is slowing down considerably. He has lost a step and a half in a short space of time. Plus, he missed so many tackles last year it was painful. If I see Marion trying to armtackle another 220lb TB again, I'll scream. Arturo is the FS future. I don't think it will be this year, but definitely next.

London is great. It's one of the world's finest cities. When you come over, I will buy you a pint and talk Dolphins.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Can you break down the rest of the AFC East Boomer? :)

Maybe I can help...

The Bills suck...

The Jets suck...

The Patriots suck...

Any questions???

:biggrin:

The Raiders added KGB's bro at defensive end undrafted free agent... you were set at de so I dont think you scouted much there... anyways we have added some good value there.
If nothing else I would send invites to all the Florida schools who had seniors leave undrafted, tell them to come to camp and show me something, maybe you get a steal there undrafted...

Fin Fan - still waiting for a response buddy.

Back
Top Bottom