This will get ugly if true | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This will get ugly if true

If your suggesting taking Herbert at #5, no I will not agree with you, on any level. You can not tell me Herbert is a better prospect than Tua or Simmons or Wirfs or Brown or Okuda or Wilks. I've watched Herbert's game tape. The guy is inconsistent, lacks awareness and misses open WR constantly.

Herbert is the guy that's good enough to make you think hes gonna get over the hump, so you give him a couple years, he has some good games and some where he disappears. So you give him another couple years hoping he improves. Meanwhile 5 to 7 years have past and all you have to show for it is 1 playoff game and a bunch of 6-10 and 8-8 seasons.

He isnt for me, no thanks, would rather not take a QB at all than take Herbert

Did you just skim over my post? Where did I give you anything definitive? My post was quite short. Not sure what I typed that could possibly be misunderstood.

The downside is, had Miami kept Tunsil an MF, Miami may have won 7 games and be picking around #13/#14. Moving up for Tua or Herbert would have taken a LOT more picks, IF a team didn't mind moving down that far
Damn that Grier. How could he have done that, after all we're Dolfans...? LOL

There's more than a little something to be said for a team's own doctors getting to examine a player taking full responsibility for their conclusions and recommendations.
Counter example: Drew Brees. Did someone lose his job over that call?

That's part of the problem with the NFL - too many people have their hands in it when it comes to acquiring players. It's why a lot of people don't like working in the NFL. You always have some bean counter or doctor telling you who you can and cant draft or sign. Medical staffs have screwed up as many draft picks and acquisitions for teams as they've made good on.

A lot of times teams would be much better off if things were just left to being a football decision.

There's a difference between taking "full responsibility" and losing one's job. The former doesn't always result in the later. Nor should it

I love all the hand wringing around here to the idea of trading up to draft Justin Herbert. If Grier did this, I'd shake the man's hand. Because it would mean we got our QB, Jordan Love, Hurts would remain OFF this team. Tua (while I like him) is injury prone, so we don't have to worry about that risk. Also, it mitigates the possibility of drafting one of these future bust tackles (Wirfs, Jackson, Thomas, etc..) in the first (We can get quality tackles like Driscoll, Peart, or Cleveland later on)

I love all the hand wringing around here to the idea of trading up to draft Justin Herbert. If Grier did this, I'd shake the man's hand. Because it would mean we got our QB, Jordan Love, Hurts would remain OFF this team. Tua (while I like him) is injury prone, so we don't have to worry about that risk. Also, it mitigates the possibility of drafting one of these future bust tackles (Wirfs, Jackson, Thomas, etc..) in the first (We can get quality tackles like Driscoll, Peart, or Cleveland later on)

It's not that I don't like Herbert. I think the question will be value. Some here like a player and rank him as day2. Drafting him with #18 is wasting resources. I understand wanting to 'get a QB,' but, IMO, he's not worth more than #5.

It's not that I don't like Herbert. I think the question will be value. Some here like a player and rank him as day2. Drafting him with #18 is wasting resources. I understand wanting to 'get a QB,' but, IMO, he's not worth more than #5.
I agree, but then again, I don't think any of these guys, including Burrow, are worth trading up for, at the cost it would take.

I want to sit tight.
Either
A. We get Tua or Hebert at 5 plus two more picks in round 1 (some combo of 2 OL or 1 OL and a S).
B. If all QBs gone, we get three picks. 2OL and 1 S. Trade down and get 2OL and S and DL

I agree, but then again, I don't think any of these guys, including Burrow, are worth trading up for, at the cost it would take.

That is where I basically started and remain.

Either way, Davie is entering the accountability phase. They will be judged critically starting week 1.

The firings will begin not this year but in the 2021 season when we play the team that draft TUA and he burns us for 4 TDs and we lose and his team carries him off the field.

Back
Top Bottom