This will get ugly if true | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This will get ugly if true

Things you say when you lose an argument.

Sorry my dude, I thought we were having an "all-or-nothing" argument. Nuance or shades-of-gray doesn't seem to be present at all in this thread.

Do you mind recording my "loss" so when I reference the message-board win/loss statistics I will be accurately informed?

Sorry my dude, I thought we were having an "all-or-nothing" argument. Nuance or shades-of-gray doesn't seem to be present at all in this thread.

Do you mind recording my "loss" so when I reference the message-board win/loss statistics I will be accurately informed?

You could've just owned up to it instead of getting sassy with your non-sequitors. No one believes Tua will be an UDFA silly :lol:

No way they can be that stupid... We already have a slow processing developmental project with a big arm QB in Rosen. If this happens... we are the absolutely destined for mediocrity for the next few years. Everyone would lose their jobs in the front office.

"Everyone would lose their jobs in the front office."

Would you really bet on that?

You could've just owned up to it instead of getting sassy with your non-sequitors. No one believes Tua will be an UDFA silly :lol:

It was hyperbole to highlight the equally absurd nature of the counter-argument.

But as I have subsequently observed nuance does not seem to be in prevalent supply in this "debate."

Tell it to the Titans, who must think we were idiots to let Tannehill go.

It was the right move for both parties. We don't have the OL or the running game the Titans do, had we kept Tannehill he wouldn't have done much better than Fitzpatrick. Most likely gets sacked at a higher rate than Fitz and gets injured again due to not having Fitz's ability to improvise behind a terrible OL.

Yes you can. Makes no difference what his skills are if he's not on the field.

you're right that it makes no difference what his skills are if he's not on the field.

so - let's look at it like this...

i'd say there is a very small chance he never plays an nfl game...call it 1%

there is a chance he plays a few games and then bunks out...call it 5%

there is a chance he plays 1-2 seasons...call it 15%

you can do this all the way up & down the bell curve until you get to...

small chance he plays an long, never injured NFL career ...call it 1%

there are plenty of stops in between.

SO - if we can agree on that (not the specific %s but the fact there are actually chances he does each and every one of those things)

THEN it absolutely matters what his skill set is, and how good of a prospect he is.

if we can get a few seasons from him, is it worth it? there is a chance he plays a long career with sporadic, random injuries that every QB incurs when they play (tannehill for example), if that's the case, is it worth it?

So just throwing him into the pile with every college-injured is, in fact, lazy as ****. because otherwise he'd be drafted in the same rounds as often injured running backs who are lesser prospects, or often injured o lineman who are 3rd round/4th round prospects...

he's an elite prospect at the most important position in football with an injury history. the elite prospect part at the most important position part definitely 100% matters.

It was hyperbole to highlight the equally absurd nature of the counter-argument.

But as I have subsequently observed nuance does not seem to be in prevalent supply in this "debate."

Hyperbole, non-sequitur...

Regardless, it was quite sassy. :lol:

It's not really a hard concept to understand. Tua gets injured every season. How much impact will he be able to have on his teams if he's injured or recovering from another injury?

How does the saying go?

SSDD

The same whiners that we've listened to for over a year with their lunatic nonsense about 'Tanking', will inevitably be whining again come draft day.

Herbert seems like the better pick to me, even if Tua WAS healthy.

College QB is NOT the same as NFL QB.

Last edited:
Hyperbole, non-sequitur...

Regardless, it was quite sassy. :lol:

It's not really a hard concept to understand. Tua gets injured every season. How much impact will he be able to have on his teams if he's injured or recovering from another injury?

And, as RussianBear just successfully outlined, it is equally easy - if not easier - to embraced an informed position that includes the idea that it isn't all or nothing and that irrespective if or when he gets injured he could nonetheless provide value equal or greater than his draft position.

you're right that it makes no difference what his skills are if he's not on the field.

so - let's look at it like this...

i'd say there is a very small chance he never plays an nfl game...call it 1%

there is a chance he plays a few games and then bunks out...call it 5%

there is a chance he plays 1-2 seasons...call it 15%

you can do this all the way up & down the bell curve until you get to...

small chance he plays an long, never injured NFL career ...call it 1%

there are plenty of stops in between.

SO - if we can agree on that (not the specific %s but the fact there are actually chances he does each and every one of those things)

THEN it absolutely matters what his skill set is, and how good of a prospect he is.

if we can get a few seasons from him, is it worth it? there is a chance he plays a long career with sporadic, random injuries that every QB incurs when they play (tannehill for example), if that's the case, is it worth it?

So just throwing him into the pile with every college-injured is, in fact, lazy as ****. because otherwise he'd be drafted in the same rounds as often injured running backs who are lesser prospects, or often injured o lineman who are 3rd round/4th round prospects...

he's an elite prospect at the most important position in football with an injury history. the elite prospect part at the most important position part definitely 100% matters.

It's not lazy. I realize there's variations of being injury prone. Obviously. You have your own preference. I prefer not to have a player on my team I can't count on. Many GMs agree with me and either rate players lower or take them off of their board. Happens every year.

Back
Top Bottom