This will get ugly if true | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This will get ugly if true

It's not lazy. I realize there's variations of being injury prone. Obviously. You have your own preference. I prefer not to have a player on my team I can't count on. Many GMs agree with me and either rate players lower or take them off of their board. Happens every year.

How many GM's agree with the "Tua is just like every other injury-prone, worn-out Alabama prospects" position?

And, as RussianBear just successfully outlined, it is equally easy - if not easier - to embraced an informed position that includes the idea that it isn't all or nothing and that irrespective if or when he gets injured he could nonetheless provide value equal or greater than his draft position.

He's injured every. Single. Season. I don't care what his future prospects are. Could he end up having a 15 year hall of fame career? Anything is possible. I wouldn't bet on it. Again, the guy just had a hip dislocation. This is nothing small to brush away.

We'll find out on draft day how deep this hip issue is. Happens every year that some player falls and everyone is shocked until we get the scoop from Mortensen.

Last edited:
Sorry my dude, I thought we were having an "all-or-nothing" argument. Nuance or shades-of-gray doesn't seem to be present at all in this thread.

Do you mind recording my "loss" so when I reference the message-board win/loss statistics I will be accurately informed?
Maybe you should start a spreadsheet.

Just to be clear, I'm not sold on Tua or Herbert or Love or any other QB that will be available at 5, 18 or 26. All I am saying is that Tua shouldn't be thrown out as a viable option even though I nonetheless agree his injury concerns scare me.

Justin Herbert broke his collarbone his sophomore year. So he’s not injury free. Just hope Miami stays at 5. Neither QB is worth trading picks to move up imo.

Wait, is this your rebuttal to Tua getting injured every season? I'll reserve my laughter until you confirm.

The research of 4 seasoned veterans at the top of the organizational structure don't matter. Nevermind that they spent years analyzing him closely. Finheaven has already decided that Herbert is a bust before taking a snap.

Might as well change teams now guys. All downhill from here. This is the same Finheaven who told me the GM should've been fired for not drafting Brady Quinn when we needed a QB. :lol:
Well, we already had Tannehill, who displayed the same flaws Herbert does in some areas. There is a reason so many of us dont want Herbert. I dont think hes a bust, but hes not the QB I want.

Well, we already had Tannehill, who displayed the same flaws Herbert does in some areas. There is a reason so many of us dont want Herbert. I dont think hes a bust, but hes not the QB I want.

Maybe the coaching staff is fully confident his flaws can be rectified. Maybe they feel more confident in correcting his flaws than the prospect of Tua staying healthy. They're working with a lot more info than we have.

That's a load of crap.

The only thing that kept RT from being a top10 guy was his horrible pocket awareness, and a$$hat coaches. That lack of "feel" for the rush doomed him to mediocrity.

Herbert surely isn't Marino back there, but who is?

I am not sure how he was excellent in building draft capital. He traded away one of the best safeties in the game and the best offensive lineman on the team. He now has to use that so called excellent draft capital to draft a safety and a LT to replace two of the best players on the team.
The reason the Dolphins are in the mess they are in now talent wise is because Grier has basically screwed up the last four drafts as the teams GM. Just because he has a lot of picks in this draft doesn’t mean he will be any better selecting talent than he has been previously. Hopefully Allen, McKenzie and Flores are better at recognizing NFL caliber talent than Grier is or else this rebuilding job will going on for years to come.

The downside is, had Miami kept Tunsil an MF, Miami may have won 7 games and be picking around #13/#14. Moving up for Tua or Herbert would have taken a LOT more picks, IF a team didn't mind moving down that far

Maybe the coaching staff is fully confident his flaws can be rectified. Maybe they feel more confident in correcting his flaws than the prospect of Tua staying healthy. They're working with a lot more info than we have.
If your suggesting taking Herbert at #5, no I will not agree with you, on any level. You can not tell me Herbert is a better prospect than Tua or Simmons or Wirfs or Brown or Okuda or Wilks. I've watched Herbert's game tape. The guy is inconsistent, lacks awareness and misses open WR constantly.

Herbert is the guy that's good enough to make you think hes gonna get over the hump, so you give him a couple years, he has some good games and some where he disappears. So you give him another couple years hoping he improves. Meanwhile 5 to 7 years have past and all you have to show for it is 1 playoff game and a bunch of 6-10 and 8-8 seasons.

He isnt for me, no thanks, would rather not take a QB at all than take Herbert

Back
Top Bottom