This will get ugly if true | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This will get ugly if true

So you believe Tua is just your run-of-the-mill, typical Alabama high-end prospect? Seriously?

Doesn't matter if he's Dan Marino 2.0 or Jay Fiedler. If you keep getting injured, you can't produce. Don't pretend that a major hip injury and all the other injuries he's sustained every season isn't a concern.

WOW, this quarrentine is making normally rational people crazy. CBS? When was the last time you heard anything out of their news/sports dept worth listening to? It's clickbait. We might trade to, #1, #2, #3, #6 or down further? We might trade X, we might trade for Watson, we might sign Cam. We traded the best saftey in the league, Grier has run the draft for the past 4 years, Tua is the next J. Montana, a poster here KNOWS what we are going to do ,Where does it end? Some nobody will be right and be able to brag for a day, then it's over. I can't wait... BYW then we have to wait until this $h*t is over to see what we get, and how it fits. It it time for medicine yet? (beer)

To be fair, though, pretend Tua's injury past is of no concern presently or in the future. Thats a pretty damn good, potential franchise-changing QB you have on your hands.
How exactly can you just overlook all his injuries in the past two years and pretend they never happened? Prior to the 2019 college football season I was all in on “Tank for Tua”. Now I just don’t see him holding up physically in the NFL and I think it is very possible he will suffer another hip injury and his career will be over in less than 3 years.

Obviously he would be a great pick if you could guarantee he would still be in the league in 10 years but he just appears to be too injury prone to expect that to happen. I won’t be upset if they stay at 5 and risk taking Tua and then hope for the best. Yet I also won’t be upset if they draft Herbert at 5 and bypass Tua because they are concerned about his past injuries.

In fact if they don’t take a QB with their first pick and instead draft Simmons, Brown, or a LT, I will be quite happy with any of those selections at 5.

Doesn't matter if he's Dan Marino 2.0 or Jay Fiedler. If you keep getting injured, you can't produce. Don't pretend that a major hip injury and all the other injuries he's sustained every season isn't a concern.
How exactly can you just overlook all his injuries in the past two years and pretend they never happened? Prior to the 2019 college football season I was all in on “Tank for Tua”. Now I just don’t see him holding up physically in the NFL and I think it is very possible he will suffer another hip injury and his career will be over in less than 3 years.

Obviously he would be a great pick if you could guarantee he would still be in the league in 10 years but he just appears to be too injury prone to expect that to happen. I won’t be upset if they stay at 5 and risk taking Tua and then hope for the best. Yet I also won’t be upset if they draft Herbert at 5 and bypass Tua because they are concerned about his past injuries.

In fact if they don’t take a QB with their first pick and instead draft Simmons, Brown, or a LT, I will be quite happy with any of those selections at 5.

I'm not saying he isn't a risk or even that he won't get hurt. What I'm saying is that you can't lump him in with the "average" injured "worn-out" Alabama prospect.

Back
Top Bottom