This Would Be The Impact On The Dolphins’ Cap If Tannehill Is Released, Traded Or Out Long-term | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Would Be The Impact On The Dolphins’ Cap If Tannehill Is Released, Traded Or Out Long-term

There is one scenario that no one is mentioning, that could easily make Tannehill expendable next year. While highly unlikely, if Brock Osweiler took us deep into the playoffs, I would defiinitely think about it. I would try to restructure RT17, to keep him on as competition. As we saw with the Eagles last year, it is good to have as many good QB's lying around as possible.
Please, no more restructuring his contract. We have this problem thanks to doing just that.

I hope you plan on having the #1 pick. Now that baker has broken the size thing with top pick qbs this kids gonna be an easy run the card up. Listen to him in an interview. Crushes it.

People seem to think this is easier than it is. You better have the top pick if you want that kid.

There’s gonna be at least 6 teams all in after that.
Right.. could always trade up
(Yes I know thats giving up the farm)

The structure is not really the problem.

We did similar stype structures with Dawn Aponte.

Its the robbing of Peter to pay Paul (restructures), combined with bad signings with the new found wealth, that is compounding the problem.

We shoulda just been real bad for a season, instead of manipulating the cap all the time to be 8-8.

We call that the Jeff Ireland approach.

If the Dolphins fail to make the playoffs this year and their plan for next year is Ryan Tannehill, they're going to start losing the fanbase. 7 years is enough.

Back
Top Bottom