This Would Be The Impact On The Dolphins’ Cap If Tannehill Is Released, Traded Or Out Long-term | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Would Be The Impact On The Dolphins’ Cap If Tannehill Is Released, Traded Or Out Long-term

I think it's highly unlikely Tannehill is not on the team next year, unless:

a) He keeps missing games this year and the shoulder becomes a serious long term issue
b) Comes back but plays poorly, as in consistently being one of the reasons we lose games

Hard to imagine another situation in which he gets dumped after this season, especially if we finish with a winning record and end up with a low draft pick, since next year's draft class isn't shaping up to be exactly stellar. Unless you want to tank for a high draft pick in 2020 or you think one of the FA Qbs brings something better to the table, you stick with Ryan for another year, although I can understand how people have grown tired with some of his issues.

What teams are truly in the market for a QB in next year's draft?? Ya, think long and hard on that one.

It could very well be a draft year where a team picking in the twenties can get a steal at the QB position.

Everyone knows the Giants are drafting a QB in the first round, but what other teams?

The Patriots...yes, but perhaps not in the first round.
The Saints...yes, but again,perhaps not in the first round.
The Steelers....same story.
Chargers? same story

The Bucs might be a dark horse.
Denver is prob in that mix as well.

Case Keenum two years $32 mil $25 mil guaranteed.

I’d pump the brakes a little on Ross not paying tanny in 2019 near $20 mil

Case Keenum two years $32 mil $25 mil guaranteed.

I’d pump the brakes a little on Ross not paying tanny in 2019 near $20 mil
Truth is nobody in here knows what the FO is going to do. That’s why I take everything with a grain of salt. We all have our differing opinions on what they SHOULD do. I just hope it’s for the good of the team and not set them back another few years into obscurity and mediocrity.

I want Tua Tagovailoa in 2020.

I hope you plan on having the #1 pick. Now that baker has broken the size thing with top pick qbs this kids gonna be an easy run the card up. Listen to him in an interview. Crushes it.

People seem to think this is easier than it is. You better have the top pick if you want that kid.

There’s gonna be at least 6 teams all in after that.

I hope you plan on having the #1 pick. Now that baker has broken the size thing with top pick qbs this kids gonna be an easy run the card up. Listen to him in an interview. Crushes it.

People seem to think this is easier than it is. You better have the top pick if you want that kid.

There’s gonna be at least 6 teams all in after that.

I wouldn't mind it if the Dolphins tanked next year to get the top pick in 2020 for a chance to draft him. It would be better than them finishing 8-8 with no chance to draft him.

17 is not the answer. Sacrificing a season to try and get the first pick is ridiculous. Depending on his shoulder issue should determine his remaining with the team. If it requires surgery then release him. Regardless they need to put themselves in position to get their guy early in the draft in 19 or 20. Unfortunately this draft class doesn’t look like there is a guy worth sacrificing a lot of high picks to move up for. Continue adding to a solid core of talent they are compiling.

Beyond disappointing that the Dolphins have lost almost two decades trying to find a viable long term solution at QB.

It’s time to move on. That’s the only thing I know. I’m not smart enough to solve the problem.

It’s a shame. I don’t know if Tannehill was mediocre to begin with or the Dolphins whittled him down to it.

Flashes of greatness is not enough anymore. We should be 5-1 with our starting Qb on the field.

There is one scenario that no one is mentioning, that could easily make Tannehill expendable next year. While highly unlikely, if Brock Osweiler took us deep into the playoffs, I would defiinitely think about it. I would try to restructure RT17, to keep him on as competition. As we saw with the Eagles last year, it is good to have as many good QB's lying around as possible.

Back
Top Bottom