Thompson > Bridgewater (???) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thompson > Bridgewater (???)

Personally I'd rather take my chances with Skylar. I've always found Bridgewater to be trash. You ain't winning anything with him.
You aren’t winning anything in the NFL if your starting QB is injured and you have to rely on your backup to win games.

I think Bridgewater is probably one of the best backups in the NFL at this time but if Tua goes down, the Dolphins are in serious trouble no matter who the backup is.

Nope.

I found it interesting that Miami drafted him over Brock Purdy and Carson Strong. They clearly see something in the kid.
No NFL team drafted Strong, so he obviously wasn’t viewed by any team to be worthy of a draft pick.
As far as Purdy is concerned. He is presently listed as 4th on the 49ers depth chart at QB and he will likely end up on the PS of the 49ers or another NFL at best.

So I suspect Purdy and Thompson will both spend their rookie seasons on the practice squad of an NFL team.

It seems like every year an UDF or late round drafted rookie or two looks great before the preseason games start and some people project that they will replace one of the veterans. The majority of the time these players end up getting cut and the veteran makes the team.

The only way I see Thompson remaining a Dolphin after all the cuts are made is if he is signed to the PS after he clears waivers.
Bridgewater will be the backup for the Dolphins unless he is injured in preseason. Thompson might eventually make a decent backup for the Dolphins or another team in the future but I just don’t see him making the final 53 or being the Dolphins backup QB this coming season.
Agree. Unless he lights it up in preseason.

Bridgewater is a quality backup.

Bridgewater is bad. I believe I posted this when we signed him.
It's weird to keep seeing people say Bridgewater is bad. His numbers were pretty much identical to Tua last year:

DYAR
Teddy 14th
Tua 18th

DVOA
Teddy 10th
Tua 18th

It's weird to keep seeing people say Bridgewater is bad. His numbers were pretty much identical to Tua last year:

DYAR
Teddy 14th
Tua 18th

DVOA
Teddy 10th
Tua 18th

Much like Tua so far he's a game manager. I'm not surprised if a guy who succeeds based on his mastery of a system struggles a bit early in not only an entirely new system but with new players also learning the system.

DYAR
Teddy 14th
Tua 18th

DVOA
Teddy 10th
Tua 18th
Thats why many of us watch football and don’t just study numbers like it’s math class. Denvers offense could have been so much better with a good qb, while Miamis would have killed about any qb last year. Tua is lucky he survived that playcalling and line.

But go on….

Tua hasn't had 2 full years and Teddy has been around awhile with much better teams like the Saints, Vikings and Broncos

Teddy had a rough day in the joint practice with Tampa today. Didn't hear a thing about Skylar - did he not play?

With the trade of Adam Shaheen to Houston, we have one less tight end on the roster. Maybe when the final roster is set, we have 1 more QB and 1 less TE than we rolled with last season.

If Thompson outperforms Bridgewater before the season opener, will he (ST) land the number two spot on the qb roster?

My answer is no. Sort of...

Experience counts for much...but...it wouldn't be a stretch to see Thompson win the backup role behind Tua come September.

Question: Is it true that ST is looking better than TB in the offseason drills - camp?

Curious.
Better than Tom Brady?? Haha. OK, IMO you have to go with Teddy. He has won a significant number of games. He has skills. This, as usual a 1 year thing. As long as ST can be stashed safely…
If not, and MM likes him a lot, we will have to carry 3 QBs on the squad. Don’t forget.. both Tua and Teddy have an injury history. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom