Thompson > Bridgewater (???) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thompson > Bridgewater (???)

If they still have any interest in bringing back Sinnett, he will likely be available very soon. He is presently listed on the Eagles depth chart as their 4th string QB. So he should be free to sign with any other team in the very near future.
As I remember, he looked pretty good in his preseason showing. I was hoping that they would've kept him.

First there was "Suck for Luck", then "Tank for Tua", and now it's "In It for Sinnett". :chuckle:

I thought Bridgewater played well during the red zone drills. He looked like he was just going through the motions the rest of the practice.

I love Skylar, but let’s not be dumb here. McDaniel loves Teddy, his contract is fully guaranteed, and he’s an elite backup. Teddy has a career 90.7 QB rating and it was 94.9 last year. Let’s not pretend that he’s Jacoby Brissett or Sam Darnold. He’s significantly better.

If Thompson outperforms Bridgewater we're still going to keep Bridgewater as the backup ... McDaniel kinda hand-picked and recruited Bridgewater ... so he will cut him a lot of slack. It's the Tua backup plan. But, Thompson is vying for a practice squad spot and if he really sizzles he might be a 3rd QB just to prevent teams from stealing him. My guess is that he makes the practice squad .... bit of a glass ceiling issue unless he really tears it up.

I love Skylar, but let’s not be dumb here. McDaniel loves Teddy, his contract is fully guaranteed, and he’s an elite backup. Teddy has a career 90.7 QB rating and it was 94.9 last year. Let’s not pretend that he’s Jacoby Brissett or Sam Darnold. He’s significantly better.

Agreed.

But this is where I like our potential situation, regardless of how unlikely it is.

Bridgewater is established. Other teams know who he is. Camp and pre season won't change that.

If ST is worth taking a chance on, Bridgewater would be a nice option for teams that are close to contenders (playoffs) who may experience an injury during Preseason.

Say the Colts. If Ryan goes down Bridgewater becomes an acceptable trade option.

But ultimately, I agree. Bridgewater is a dang good backup to have. Could start on a few teams.

I am just entertaining this hypothetical. Honestly if a desperate team offered a 2nd, I wouldn't hesitate. A 3rd? Let's see how ST is doing first lol

Thompson has to play lights out starting in preseason game 1 to have any shot of unseating TB. There must be no question that he would be an upgrade. Anything that even says ho hum and he's on the PS.

If its close I keep the prospect... Always! Especially at the QB position. If Tua were to go down, this offense would revert to a run heavy++ anyway, sheltering the QB as much as it can no matter who the backup is.

Thompson definitely has some stuff to him. I don’t believe he’d make it through waivers. You gotta keep him on the 53, or he’ll get plucked.

“And each Tuesday, teams can designate four players as protected, so they can't be placed on another team's active roster from that day until kickoff.”

So I guess that means we can keep both Bridge and Skylar..allow Skylar to develop on the squad while protecting him every week?

I’m reading that right right?

No chance of another team getting him if we do that?

Thompson definitely has some stuff to him. I don’t believe he’d make it through waivers. You gotta keep him on the 53, or he’ll get plucked.
I really don’t see the love for him at this stage of training camp. He was a 7th round pick and he has yet to play against anyone in the league except his own teammates.

Perhaps he will turn out to be a decent third team QB in the NFL but he could just as likely end up working for UPS in the very near future.

Hopefully he turns out to be a QB who can be an effective backup in the future but I think it is far too early to be able to determine if he is going to be a capable QB in the NFL or not.

I just don’t see keeping a 7th round 3rd string QB on the final 53 unless Tua or Bridgewater are injured during the preseason and Thompson has a great preseason. Otherwise waive him and take the chance no other team has any interest in signing him to their 53 man roster until he can be added to the practice squad.

I would be totally surprised if any other team would add a rookie QB to their 53 man roster at the end of the preseason.

“And each Tuesday, teams can designate four players as protected, so they can't be placed on another team's active roster from that day until kickoff.”

So I guess that means we can keep both Bridge and Skylar..allow Skylar to develop on the squad while protecting him every week?

We'd probably need to take a look at what's written before that... As in, do the player need to clear waiver for that to take effect...?

Once he is waived, he can be claimed on waivers as long as the team claiming him puts him on their 53 man roster. Once he clears waivers and no team claims him, he is free to sign with any team that offers him a spot on their PS.

He can only be protected as a PS team member once he signs to be a member of a teams PS. So the Dolphins would only be able to protect his rights if he actually agrees to resign with the Dolphins if they waive him and he then returns as a player on their practice squad.

Thompson is legit, I watched a ton of Kanses games and he is better than Teddy right now. Skylar will light up the preseason.

Back
Top Bottom