Thompson > Bridgewater (???) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thompson > Bridgewater (???)

If Thompson outperforms Bridgewater before the season opener, will he (ST) land the number two spot on the qb roster?

My answer is no. Sort of...

Experience counts for much...but...it wouldn't be a stretch to see Thompson win the backup role behind Tua come September.

Question: Is it true that ST is looking better than TB in the offseason drills - camp?

Curious.
I've said it before, we actually have an embarrassment of riches in our 3 current QB's.

I anticipate Thompson having a strong training camp and I hope Bridgewater starts to improve and catch on with this team.

I anticipate that with a slightly improved camp coupled with his NFL experience, Bridgewater will remain our backup.

If Thompson is too good to ignore, he might become our backup. But there is a rich learning environment if he plays on the practice squad this year with our current coaching staff and our "competitive" team to play against.

Been reported that Teddy had by far his best day today. Skylar Thompson also going well.

So he completed 2 straight passes and/or didn't throw another INT?????

I KID I KID. but seriously????

I like Bridgewater and believe hes just gamer. I have seen enough in real games to know he could atleast hold down the fort for a few games. Heck, weren't the Broncos in prime position to make the playoffs until he went down last year?

However, if Skylar tears it up, I am always one to rather keep the young guy. It's the back up QB position.

If our season is relying on whether Bridgewater or Skylar is the backup.... then we got bigger problems.

If he keeps playing like this, keep him and trade Bridgewater.

What's the point of camp, preseason etc.... if you play great only to be shafted by an average guy who played crappy.

He needs to be rewarded if he clearly plays better then Bridgewater.

Again it's the backup QB position.

It seems like every year an UDF or late round drafted rookie or two looks great before the preseason games start and some people project that they will replace one of the veterans. The majority of the time these players end up getting cut and the veteran makes the team.

The only way I see Thompson remaining a Dolphin after all the cuts are made is if he is signed to the PS after he clears waivers.
Bridgewater will be the backup for the Dolphins unless he is injured in preseason. Thompson might eventually make a decent backup for the Dolphins or another team in the future but I just don’t see him making the final 53 or being the Dolphins backup QB this coming season.
Thompson clearing wavers may not be as easy as many here presume. - NLOL

Thompson clearing wavers may not be as easy as many here presume. - NLOL
I don’t assume it will be easy if he has a solid preseason but I don’t see them keeping 3 QB’s on the final 53 man roster and I just think Bridgewater will make the team as the backup QB.

If Thompson is claimed off waivers, the team claiming him would be required to put him on their 53 man roster. If he is waived and no team claims him, he would have the opportunity to go to any team that wants to add his to their practice squad, including the Dolphins.

Carne Asada (member (name) who "liked" this thread)) is tasty but I prefer Ropa Vieja or Tasajo (both) con Moro and a Materba.

Just saying...

:out:
that's because you haven't tried it where i'm from. i don't know what those dishes might be but i'll look them up and cook them if i can, lol

If Thompson outperforms Bridgewater before the season opener, will he (ST) land the number two spot on the qb roster?

My answer is no. Sort of...

Experience counts for much...but...it wouldn't be a stretch to see Thompson win the backup role behind Tua come September.

Question: Is it true that ST is looking better than TB in the offseason drills - camp?

Curious.

I agreed.

Even if Thompson looks better then Teddy, the only way he overtakes Teddy is if he is world's better then him.

Experience is way to important in a season to take a chance on a Rookie that looked a bit better then the Vet.

Next year Is another story, if Thompson is still with Miami, and continues to play well, the Cheaper Thompson might take the backup position.

Back
Top Bottom