Thompson > Bridgewater (???) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thompson > Bridgewater (???)

If Bridgewater is outplayed during preseason I would cut him. Lose a big chunk of money this year, but won't matter after that. But if Thompson just looks so so, just get him on the practice squad since it's doubtful he'd get a better offer. He'd also know he'd get a very good chance of being number two next year if he improves.
Cut no, trade yes.

From every report I've seen over the last 2 odd months, is that Bridgewater has absolutely sucked.

Last edited:
Bridgewater sucks. Was interested to hear we wanted a veteran backup , disappointed when I saw it was him especially at the price tag. He’s always been wildly over rated. He’s got heart but he’s a check down Charlie that doesn’t read the field well and not a great arm to boot. Not gonna do mych for u.

It seems like every year an UDF or late round drafted rookie or two looks great before the preseason games start and some people project that they will replace one of the veterans. The majority of the time these players end up getting cut and the veteran makes the team.

The only way I see Thompson remaining a Dolphin after all the cuts are made is if he is signed to the PS after he clears waivers.
Bridgewater will be the backup for the Dolphins unless he is injured in preseason. Thompson might eventually make a decent backup for the Dolphins or another team in the future but I just don’t see him making the final 53 or being the Dolphins backup QB this coming season.

Ehh you still keep bridgewater, he’s perfect trade bait if contenders qb goes down and he’s fairly cheap. Could draw a 2nd or 3rd in the event a qb might miss like 6 games and season depends on grabbing a few wins in that time. We don’t have to tell them he sucked during camp.

Seems like a very long shot that dude could beat out Bridgewater

A lot people are really underrating him…. At the same time hyping up a 7th round QB..
Exactly..Bridgewater has played at a level good for even a late-round 1st.

I certainly don't want to lose Thompson. I am hoping he can be stashed on the practice squad until he can be our #2 next season behind Tua.
I’m thinking if that’s the plan we may need to just hold a spot for him on the roster. Last year we thought we could do that with another developmental QB and he got scooped up pretty fast.

They drafted Skyler for a reason and that reason is - Bridgewater sucks, and has for years. If Tua goes down, the season is over
He was a 7th round draft pick. If they were actually concerned about Bridgewater as a backup, they wouldn’t have signed him in the first place.

While I agree that the season likely won’t go well if Tua goes down. That is the case with every team in the NFL if they lose their starting QB for most if not all of the season.

Bridgewater is better than the majority of the backup QB’s in the league and that’s about all you can expect if Tua is injured.

Skyler want see this guy play soon.. he had good college career. if he is that good keep him as 3 qb on roster for this yr..

I’m thinking if that’s the plan we may need to just hold a spot for him on the roster. Last year we thought we could do that with another developmental QB and he got scooped up pretty fast.
If they still have any interest in bringing back Sinnett, he will likely be available very soon. He is presently listed on the Eagles depth chart as their 4th string QB. So he should be free to sign with any other team in the very near future.

Back
Top Bottom