Thompson > Bridgewater (???) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thompson > Bridgewater (???)

As I remember, he looked pretty good in his preseason showing. I was hoping that they would've kept him.

First there was "Suck for Luck", then "Tank for Tua", and now it's "In It for Sinnett". :chuckle:
The logical question would be"
In what? - LOL
In "the bank"?
In "the s**t"?
In "cloud coo-coo land"?
Just "thinking out loud" - LOL

Agreed.

But this is where I like our potential situation, regardless of how unlikely it is.

Bridgewater is established. Other teams know who he is. Camp and pre season won't change that.

If ST is worth taking a chance on, Bridgewater would be a nice option for teams that are close to contenders (playoffs) who may experience an injury during Preseason.

Say the Colts. If Ryan goes down Bridgewater becomes an acceptable trade option.

But ultimately, I agree. Bridgewater is a dang good backup to have. Could start on a few teams.

I am just entertaining this hypothetical. Honestly if a desperate team offered a 2nd, I wouldn't hesitate. A 3rd? Let's see how ST is doing first lol

Man, someone should start a thread on this.

Thompson is legit, I watched a ton of Kanses games and he is better than Teddy right now. Skylar will light up the preseason.
I wonder how a “legit” QB lasted until the 7th round. He is 25 years old I‘m not sure who was the QB you watched play at Kansas. Because Thompson played at Kansas State and not at Kansas.

Perhaps the QB you watched play at Kansas is better than Bridgewater but I just don’t see Thompson being better than Bridgewater at this time and I doubt he will ever get to the level Bridgewater has achieved in the NFL.

I wonder how a “legit” QB lasted until the 7th round. He is 25 years old I‘m not sure who was the QB you watched play at Kansas. Because Thompson played at Kansas State and not at Kansas.

Perhaps the QB you watched play at Kansas is better than Bridgewater but I just don’t see Thompson being better than Bridgewater at this time and I doubt he will ever get to the level Bridgewater has achieved in the NFL.
I disagree with you about Thompson, but I do agree that time will tell, one way or the other.

I don’t think Thompson clears waivers especially with the Patriots game one. Provides lots of info to them. Plus their QB situation even with Mac Jones isn’t exactly scaring anyone.

I disagree with you about Thompson, but I do agree that time will tell, one way or the other.
I never have a problem with anyone disagreeing with me. As a Dolphin fan, I hope Thompson ends up being a solid player for the Dolphins. I just don’t get hyped up over any rookie until he at least plays in games against players not on his own team.

Perhaps Thompson will prove to be a decent player eventually but there is a reason he was the last QB drafted in the 2022 draft. He obviously wasn’t viewed that high by the other 31 teams but hopefully they were wrong and the Dolphins got it right. Only time will tell.

Personally I would rather see the Dolphins resign Sinnett to their PS if he is cut by the Eagles but right now we have no idea if Sinnett would even want to resign with the Dolphins if the Eagles do release him.

I don’t understand this thought that Teddy Two Gloves is all the sudden trash? He’s a solid QB in the NFL. He’s not great. But he’s solid. To be honest, with this defense and weapons I think we would be in the playoffs with him as a starter. He’s a perfect back up for us. He’s accurate. Doesn’t make mistakes. Doesn’t make a ton of plays. But that’s not necessary for this team to win. If Thompson really balls and they are afraid to lose him, they are going to have to make the decision to keep 3 QBs and trim elsewhere.

Bridgewater is fairly identical to Tua. He'll slide into the offense pretty perfectly if Tua goes down with an injury. Skylar a big unknown.

The reason he fell so low was injuries and age. Sorry I forget the 'State', I loved watching him play for KANSAS STATE. I would rather keep a player with upside than a washed up vet as a second stringer, that's what NE does, Zappe will beat Boyer out. **** Bridgewater, he sucks and will continue to suck. I will take the upside all day long until we find a proven top 5 QB.

Last edited:
The reason he fell so low was injuries and age. Sorry I forget the 'State', I loved watching him play for KANSAS STATE. I would rather keep a player with upside than a washed up vet as a second stringer, that's what NE does, Zappe will beat Boyer out. **** Bridgewater, he sucks and will continue to suck. I will take the upside all day long until we find a proven top 5 QB.

Bridgewater doesn't "suck". He's not a top 5 QB like you want but that is not the same as sucking.

The logical question would be"
In what? - LOL
In "the bank"?
In "the s**t"?
In "cloud coo-coo land"?
Just "thinking out loud" - LOL
Good point... "In It for Sinnett" isn't very clear. How about "Win It with Sinnett"? :chuckle:

I never have a problem with anyone disagreeing with me. As a Dolphin fan, I hope Thompson ends up being a solid player for the Dolphins. I just don’t get hyped up over any rookie until he at least plays in games against players not on his own team.

Perhaps Thompson will prove to be a decent player eventually but there is a reason he was the last QB drafted in the 2022 draft. He obviously wasn’t viewed that high by the other 31 teams but hopefully they were wrong and the Dolphins got it right. Only time will tell.

Personally I would rather see the Dolphins resign Sinnett to their PS if he is cut by the Eagles but right now we have no idea if Sinnett would even want to resign with the Dolphins if the Eagles do release him.

Nope.

I found it interesting that Miami drafted him over Brock Purdy and Carson Strong. They clearly see something in the kid.

Personally I'd rather take my chances with Skylar. I've always found Bridgewater to be trash. You ain't winning anything with him.

Back
Top Bottom