Thoughts on the Future | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on the Future

Bartowboy

Starter
Reaction score
Well, i knew we would be bad, but not historically bad. So after week one of the 2019 season, we are exactly where i thought we'd be, last in the NFL.

I hate to say it, but after watching the roster they put out on the field today, this team was put together to lose.

The Front office IMO already have their sights set on the 2020 season and 2021 seaon.
Their goal for 2019, get the 1st pick.

I fully believe that they have their sights on Tua.
Tua is only a Jr and could stay another year at Bama, but that might put him into the 2021 draft with Lawrence, which is the only guy at this point that would go higher than Tua.

Coach Flores was quated recently saying, he wouldn't disrespect the game by tanking, the team was built so they couldnt compete.

Its going to be a very long 2019 season, but im going to try and remember ever single sunday that 2019 is just a stepping stone for 2020, where Tua and a roster full of talent will take the field.

I don’t see why people have this love affair with Tua. Anyone could look good at Bama; when was the last time they sucked. He is mediocre at best vs top 30 defensives. There are way more holes on our team than QB. No QB will win with this team. I would trade the 1st pick for a ransom and tank again in 2020 for Tavor. This is a multi-year rebuild. Plus, I don’t think Tua would be willing to play for Miami. It wouldn’t be good for his career or health with how weak our trenches are.

I dont think they tank 2 years in a row, theres also no guarantee that Lawerence is going to declare in 2021, hes only a sophomore.

I agree on the Bama success, but through all these great Bama teams, Tua is the first QB prospect with this much hype.

The Fins have enough Cap and picks to fix The line.

I dont think they tank 2 years in a row, theres also no guarantee that Lawerence is going to declare in 2021, hes only a sophomore.

I agree on the Bama success, but through all these great Bama teams, Tua is the first QB prospect with this much hype.

The Fins have enough Cap and picks to fix The line.

Yeah, a 2 year tank would be hard for any coach or gm to survive.

At least the Jets still suck lol

As bad as the roster is, I didn't expect to see a 59-10 drubbing. I mean it was just too easy for Baltimore in all respects. I thought Miami's defense would be better. Honestly, I hope the team can at least win a game or two. I don't want to see 0-16.

I just dont see it 2 years in a row. Fans we're booing in week 1.
Not to mention, the Stadium was completely empty, that's not good for owners pockets.

The Dolphins Front Office know they can tank this season, but they must give the fans something to look forward to and bring people tonthe games.. Tua will do that

As bad as the roster is, I didn't expect to see a 59-10 drubbing. I mean it was just too easy for Baltimore in all respects. I thought Miami's defense would be better. Honestly, I hope the team can at least win a game or two. I don't want to see 0-16.
I didnt see 0-16 before today. But im afraid we made Baltimore look better than they really are.

Flores was riding the coat tails of the cheater. He is terrible. No defence can possibly play as bad as we did. We have no hope. Flores and Grier the clownshow.

Yeah, a 2 year tank would be hard for any coach or gm to survive.

At least the Jets still suck lol
Nothing will survive a 2nd consecutive tank job: the players, the coaches, the fans, the cheerleaders, the franchise image, nothing. It’s all in on a QB next year even if it’s not tua

I didnt see 0-16 before today. But im afraid we made Baltimore look better than they really are.

Agree but hopefully when the new signings settle in we should hopefully be more competitive

Flores was riding the coat tails of the cheater. He is terrible. No defence can possibly play as bad as we did. We have no hope. Flores and Grier the clownshow.
I wouldn't say that just yet man. This team was built to lose, no one trades their best players less than a week before the season starts if winning was in mind. This team was assembled to lose and gain that first pick. His coaching ability shouldnt be judged until they field a team with thr intention to compete.

For Flores sake he better hope Ross sticks with him and this long tank. Odds are this team goes 0-16 - 2-14. If he gets canned then he can kiss another HC gig goodbye

Agree but hopefully when the new signings settle in we should hopefully be more competitive
I just dont see how competitive this team can be with the talent the front office put together. Were a glorified practice squad.

Again my fine friends … remember two things:

1. We're actively trying to tank, and
2. It's only one game and we just gutted the roster and changed every single scheme the team had.

Back
Top Bottom