Tim Couch | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tim Couch

Dreads-4-Prez

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What do you guys think about picking up Tim Couch next year?
I know that he just won the starting job back this week, but I don't think that he's that loyal to the Browns that he won't leave. I've heard that he told the Browns that he's willing to work a deal out with them but I don't think that they will come to the table with anything great.

Just curious...

Tim Couch excites me less than Kurt Warner does, and I'm worried that we're going to end up with Warner.

Maybe that's just me...

The way he's been treated in Cleveland by the fans, and the whole musical chairs QB thing, I don't know why he'd want to stay.

I'd love to have him in Miami. He's still very young and I think he could flourish here if we got some help on the O-line.

thats the key before we can start talking about picking up a new qb, we absolutely need to totally revamp the o-line. without an effective o-line it doesnt matter who's taking the snaps.

That would be great. Is he a free agent? I thought he had at least one more year on his contract.

Tim Couch > Warner

Couch is younger and less injury prone. Warner's hands are jacked.

I saw Couch throw alot of nice balls the other night.

I think it will be our best shot for a decent QB next year.

Couch is not worthy of bringing in. The last thing the Phins need to do is bring in another journey-man calibur QB, ala Griese.

I love it how the last QB to play on a primetime game gets his name thrown on a thread by default. A few weeks ago it was Rattay, then Hasslebeck and now Couch. Couch did have a solid outing the other night, but remember there is a reason he lost his starting job earlier in the year. One primetime game, a QB, does not make.

of course we have to bring up some names or do you really wanna leave the QB situation unsettled and come back with either griese or fiedler next season ? me not.....

Originally posted by MacAttack
Tim Couch > Warner

Couch is younger and less injury prone. Warner's hands are jacked.

I saw Couch throw alot of nice balls the other night.

I think it will be our best shot for a decent QB next year.

That's nice, but he still doesn't excite me in the least. He and Warner may be the only names I have heard who I wouldn't consider as upgrades over Fieder. Okay, that's not true. I'm not sold on Feeley or McMahon as upgrades either...

Yes, I do want to come back with Fiedler. :) But having drafted either Rivers or Rothlesberger (sp?) with our first pick.

Originally posted by mee
Couch is not worthy of bringing in. The last thing the Phins need to do is bring in another journey-man calibur QB, ala Griese.

I love it how the last QB to play on a primetime game gets his name thrown on a thread by default. A few weeks ago it was Rattay, then Hasslebeck and now Couch. Couch did have a solid outing the other night, but remember there is a reason he lost his starting job earlier in the year. One primetime game, a QB, does not make.

Not for nothing but how do you label Griese a "journeyman"? He has played for 2 teams and is only 28 or 29. I am not sure exacly how old couch is but he must be at least 25-26 if not older. Its not like Fluite and Brees.

it was reported on espn that tim couch said he would like to workout a new contract with the browns.whether it happens will have to be seen.

get rid of fiedler and griese(former griese supporter) and get me two mobile rocket arm vets..even if they are older......we got decent receivers......open up the long game........and rickey can run.........rickey runs thru the line and then we throw long...........there have got to be a couple of mobile vets with arms........

I think I misread your post. You think they are both journeyman? I disagree and consider a journeyman to be someone 30++ that has been with several teams.

Originally posted by pgsmelt
get rid of fiedler and griese(former griese supporter) and get me two mobile rocket arm vets..even if they are older......we got decent receivers......open up the long game........and rickey can run.........rickey runs thru the line and then we throw long...........there have got to be a couple of mobile vets with arms........

I'm not sure about two mobile rocket arm vets, but I can get you a mobile vet (Mark Brunell) and a rocket arm vet (Jeff George). Is George even in the league right now??

Back
Top Bottom