tim tebow night | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
10586902-1.jpg

The Dolphins sold 2,000 tickets just on Tuesday because of Gators day. Sounds like a SMART business decision by Dee(the one who actually organized it, not Ross). Fan loyalty is very low in Miami right now, so sadly they need to do these gimmicks to sell tickets.
yes loyalty is low and this will make it even worse....most phins fans down here are also canes fans NOT UF fans

Gimmicks will not bring the fans back. A well run team with intelligent leadership that put a good product on the field will.
That should happen shortly reguardless of how SFL turns out.

Plus I hate the Gators.

[video=youtube;9_Uzu-wPFmc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Uzu-wPFmc&list=PLFBAC0987C2EC6EB1[/video]

Did I mention I hate the Gators

Oh my God we picked Culpepper over Brees

If I remember correctly that was the right pick back when it happened. Culpepper was a really good QB he had a knee surgery or leg. While Brees was not nearly as good as he is now and he had surgery on his shoulder in his throwing arm. Obviously Brees is the correct pick because we see what he has accomplished. Stop crying about the past. If Brees would of done horrible and not won a SB with the Saints we wouldnt be thinking this way.

Or lets just say we did pick Brees and he was a major bust we would be saying "We should of gotten Culpepper instead of Brees"

Anyways back on topic. I am sure I read somewhere that the Dolphins did want the U for this event or w.e but they were with the whole court deal or w.e (Sorry not a college fan) so they turned it down. If thats the case then I dont mind this at all.

UM was offered this night first and they said no.no one knew tebow would be starting for denver just works out that way.gotta sell tickets some how, the fins suck. would you rather the team leave the area because of no fan support ? its 1 game.. maybe next time the U will do something for their miami area fans

I could maybe begin to get it if Teblow was from the U. Still wouldnt like it, but I could wrap my head around the retardation. But the Gators play up in Gainesville. Thats not even close to South Florida. I dont get it. OK...they sold 2000 tickets. How many other fans did they piss off? I dont think Id make the trip down to this game if it were free. A lot of people not named BobDole are gonna feel the same way.

I am from Pennsylvania. This is a complete joke. Do you think the Eagles would of honored Marino for his National Championship at The University of Pitt? Give me a break... I am also a U of M fan and can't imagine how pissed they are.....

I am from Pennsylvania. This is a complete joke. Do you think the Eagles would of honored Marino for his National Championship at The University of Pitt? Give me a break... I am also a U of M fan and can't imagine how pissed they are.....

Guarantee the administrators at the University of Miami don't give a ****. They're just as clueless as these clowns running the Dolphins.

Even without all the cackling, gloating and ostracism I've read on the Broncos Country board where they think all the stars have perfectly aligned, the idea of this disturbs me more than giving away a game to a crap opponent like we gifted to Cleveland. It's just ****ing reprehensible and I for one am boycotting.

This just shows why I hate Stephen Ross. This is a very short sighted business decision. It may make him some money for one game, but it will cost him in the long run. The problem is this whole team is plagued by this type of thinking. There is zero vision in this FO and it's disgusting. Ross just proved he knows nothing about football by honoring the Gators and Tim Teblow in Miami. What a moron.

This just shows why I hate Stephen Ross. This is a very short sighted business decision. It may make him some money for one game, but it will cost him in the long run. The problem is this whole team is plagued by this type of thinking. There is zero vision in this FO and it's disgusting. Ross just proved he knows nothing about football by honoring the Gators and Tim Teblow in Miami. What a moron.

+1.. and getting back to our other "discussion" this managerial cluelessness, on the heels of embarrassing an incumbent coach while trying to recruit his son's, and embellished by the national laughingstock our fan base has become, surely gives Oliver Luck cause for concern over the stewardship of Andrew. Just sayin :idk:

Why in gods name are we honoring the 2009 gators. If i am not wrong isn't the qb for that team playing against us that night. I know being a tennessee fan i may not understand the situation, but i thought the canes fans hated florida as much as we vols do. This is Ross's big idea honor the opposing qb. Wait no honoring the opposing qb in their arch rivals home stadium. This is just a big freaking joke. It would be like the vols hosting Bear bryant night in knoxville.

Being a Tennessee fan you do not understand what slackers South Florida "sports fans" are. If this happened if Knoxville or Gainesville, local fans would fill the stadium angry Vols/Gators, boos and cat calls.

Since this is happening in the Miami Hurricanes stadium, a few people will post on fan forums but little else.

The really really sad thing is the reason that U of Miami did not always want "their" day. The Canes did not want the extra shame of only being able to half filling Sun Life Stadium on "their" day.

+1.. and getting back to our other "discussion" this managerial cluelessness, on the heels of embarrassing an incumbent coach while trying to recruit his son's, and embellished by the national laughingstock our fan base has become, surely gives Oliver Luck cause for concern over the stewardship of Andrew. Just sayin :idk:

You do have a point there.

Well how many ticket sales did they lose, and how many fans did the alienate by doing Gator Day? Sounds like a pretty dumb business decision imo. Brand loytaty my ***.

Back
Top Bottom