Time to speak fact on Wanny! Proof of incompetence! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to speak fact on Wanny! Proof of incompetence!

DonShula84 said:
Look at how talented our team was and how mediocre we were, proof enough. I dont really get the point of this thread, you want proof Wanny sucked? Open your eyes and it is easy to see

Your team wasn't nearly as talented as you believe. Wannstedt did a better job than Jimmy Johnson did w/ you guys. basically in 4 years he made the playoffs twice, won a div title(something JJ never did), missed the playoffs by a game(mostly b/c Fiedler missed a bunch of games) and then the whole team fell apart last year which wasn't his fault. He's not a great coach but to solely blame him is wrong. The best coaches in the NFL wouldn't have won more than 5 or 6 games w/ what happened last year.

Please. Please no more Wanny talk. Reading this thread is bringing back emotions that I thought I had tucked away nicely.
Let it go.
I heard him on the radio the day Surtain got traded and they were asking him about the Dolphins draft and he actually had the gaull(sp?) to comment on it. He wanted to go on and they finally cut him off. I thought to myself how unprofessional that was, he has no business speaking about the Dolphins at all. I bet if one of the bozo reporters called him at Pitt he'd still talk about the fins like he's the coach or knows what's going on. Pulease...

He was a failure in the NFL except for a few years in Dallas with JJ as a coordinator when Dallas had more talent than any other team, that sums up Wanny in the nutshell.

nyjunc said:
Your team wasn't nearly as talented as you believe. Wannstedt did a better job than Jimmy Johnson did w/ you guys. basically in 4 years he made the playoffs twice, won a div title(something JJ never did), missed the playoffs by a game(mostly b/c Fiedler missed a bunch of games) and then the whole team fell apart last year which wasn't his fault. He's not a great coach but to solely blame him is wrong. The best coaches in the NFL wouldn't have won more than 5 or 6 games w/ what happened last year.
what do you know ?? your just sore because now we have a real coach and we'll be kicking your jets a$$es all over the field ....

Hey, guys

Hey, ive been here a while im actually in school right now, i play for Bethel Park Football and Wanny was here jsut last friday talking to some of us, Bethel Park is right near Pitt, hes making trips around so he can get familar with all the players and i had a good convo with him, hes a quiet guy, i dont know doesnt seem liek the guy thats that bad of a coach, but it was sure interesting meeting him and telling him im a life long dolphins fan

mike_vee said:
what do you know ?? your just sore because now we have a real coach and we'll be kicking your jets a$$es all over the field ....

You got me, i am now scared of the dolphins b/c of Nick Saban. I wasn't scared when you had Shula or Johnson but I should now be scared of a coach who has never coached an NFL game. :rolleyes:

Z40aPhinatic said:
Hey, ive been here a while im actually in school right now, i play for Bethel Park Football and Wanny was here jsut last friday talking to some of us, Bethel Park is right near Pitt, hes making trips around so he can get familar with all the players and i had a good convo with him, hes a quiet guy, i dont know doesnt seem liek the guy thats that bad of a coach, but it was sure interesting meeting him and telling him im a life long dolphins fan

He's a very good defensive coach...he just couldn't handle the HC and GM position in the NFL. At the college level, he might be ok...he can evaluate from a much broader scope of players and the talent he'll play against (in general) will not be top notch for EVERY game (in other words, he'll have some "Weak Sisters Of The Poor" to play against along with the stronger teams.) He just did not have the ability to handle an NFL team. Much different than the college level.

nyjunc said:
You got me, i am now scared of the dolphins b/c of Nick Saban. I wasn't scared when you had Shula or Johnson but I should now be scared of a coach who has never coached an NFL game. :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, but you should be scared because you don't know if you're gonna have Pennington or not...your whole team's success rests on his health...

Don't get me wrong, my Fins aren't gonna challenge much this year, but our team isn't going to be built around one guy anymore...

LarryFinFan said:
I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, but you should be scared because you don't know if you're gonna have Pennington or not...your whole team's success rests on his health...

Don't get me wrong, my Fins aren't gonna challenge much this year, but our team isn't going to be built around one guy anymore...

I'm concerned but not scared. By all reports he'll be ready to go before TC begins so he should be fine so barring another fluke injury I love our chances this year. I agree, if he is hurt then I am very worried at least a long term injury. If it's a few weeks then I have confidence we have a good backup but anything lengthy and we'd be in trouble but then again you can say that for most teams. If Brady ever went down the Pats would be in BIG trouble.

A luxury which Wanny had that most other new coaches don't get is that he was on staff as assistant head coach while JJ was in his last year.
IMO its quite indicative of his weakness as a coach when he was given Miami on a silver platter.

Superself said:
A luxury which Wanny had that most other new coaches don't get is that he was on staff as assistant head coach while JJ was in his last year.
IMO its quite indicative of his weakness as a coach when he was given Miami on a silver platter.

You act like he was handed a great team, he was handed a team that lost 62-7 in the playoffs and had no running game and Marino was retiring.

nyjunc said:
I'm concerned but not scared. By all reports he'll be ready to go before TC begins so he should be fine so barring another fluke injury I love our chances this year. I agree, if he is hurt then I am very worried at least a long term injury. If it's a few weeks then I have confidence we have a good backup but anything lengthy and we'd be in trouble but then again you can say that for most teams. If Brady ever went down the Pats would be in BIG trouble.

Uhhh, who-up is your back-up again???:roflmao:

Seriously though, I would be a little concerned about #28, he can't possibly repeat what he did last year, if he does I will be even more amazed by him, as much as I hate that he is a jet, I gotta give props to C. Martin...but if you tell anyone I will deny it!!!!

abNORMal said:
Uhhh, who-up is your back-up again???:roflmao:

Seriously though, I would be a little concerned about #28, he can't possibly repeat what he did last year, if he does I will be even more amazed by him, as much as I hate that he is a jet, I gotta give props to C. Martin...but if you tell anyone I will deny it!!!!

I don't expect him to rush for 1,700 yards again. At some point he's going to slow down but he'll still be effective. I would expect about 1,300 yds next year and less of a pounding than this past year b/c we have an OC who isn't afraid to throw the ball once in a while.

Hey, Lee..

Do you have the "proof" you were looking for ??

But the bottom line is 4 seasons of mediocre-to-good performance with one playoff loss and last year's debacle despite having one of the best RBs in the league (until last year) and one of the top defenses in the league...what else do you need ??

nyjunc said:
You act like he was handed a great team, he was handed a team that lost 62-7 in the playoffs and had no running game and Marino was retiring.

He was handed a team with a top 5 defense and a very good special teams group. All he had to do is build the offense up.

Compare that to coaches that walk into much worse situations and still do as well, if not better than Wanny did.

As Wanny made his exist, we are only left with 2 good offensive players that he brought in.

Now stop to think, what if he had a bottom 10 ranked defense? What would he have added? One or two players there?

This team would've ranked in the bottom of the AFCE if it wasn't for the fact JJ had already built up the team and left Wanny a team that was 'only a player or two away, we're close.' Isn't that how they put it?

Even though he was handed a team that was already being built running the same/similar system he would want, he still ran it into the ground. That is just sad.

Back
Top Bottom