Time to tighen the leash! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to tighen the leash!

Stevendinho

Put me in coach! CPep is done!
Reaction score
I was not impressed much in the preseason to begin with as far as Daunte is concerned, and I never thought he was much of a quarterback -- just made better by having super-phenom Randy Moss.

Following his performance against the Steelers I ask:
After how many months of practices has he participated in? How many preseason games did he participate in? Because you know what, the answer is obvious.

Culpepper was not in sync with his wideouts, he underthrew the ball several times, he's too tenative to run but too jittery to sit in the pocket, he's staring down receivers and not going through his progression (this goes back to working with Moss, where you only have to throw it to one guy).

In conclusion:

I start Culpepper in Week 2 on a SHORT leash. If he shows the same problems, I go to the righty. The interceptions by Palamalu and Porter were perfect examples of him staring down receivers and just simply being picked off. In the last second when we were first and goal and threw on three straight downs, he had a wide open Chambers, who he overthrew by at least 5 yards. Plays like this WILL and DID cost us the game.

If you want our opinions, Slappy and I will be at the next Dolphins game at the bar on Route 10 in EH. We'll be the guys with the PTI-esque Joey Harrington head cutouts.

Stevendinho said:
I was not impressed much in the preseason to begin with as far as Daunte is concerned, and I never thought he was much of a quarterback -- just made better by having super-phenom Randy Moss.

Following his performance against the Steelers I ask:
After how many months of practices has he participated in? How many preseason games did he participate in? Because you know what, the answer is obvious.

Culpepper was not in sync with his wideouts, he underthrew the ball several times, he's too tenative to run but too jittery to sit in the pocket, he's staring down receivers and not going through his progression (this goes back to working with Moss, where you only have to throw it to one guy).

In conclusion:

I start Culpepper in Week 2 on a SHORT leash. If he shows the same problems, I go to the righty. The interceptions by Palamalu and Porter were perfect examples of him staring down receivers and just simply being picked off. In the last second when we were first and goal and threw on three straight downs, he had a wide open Chambers, who he overthrew by at least 5 yards. Plays like this WILL and DID cost us the game.

If you want our opinions, Slappy and I will be at the next Dolphins game at the bar on Route 10 in EH. We'll be the guys with the PTI-esque Joey Harrington head cutouts.

I've always thought DC was way overrated. Did the Vikings ever get past the first round of the playoffs? How many times did they win their division? DC didn't look good in preseason, and he didn't look good yesterday. He missed easy throws, he threw some dangerous throws where he got lucky, and he choked when the Dolphins needed him most.

Frerotte didn't have a single game last year that was as bad as last nights game for DC.
GO PHINS~!

Dante didn't have any more time than Peyton Manning did last season when he was made to look average.

Pittsburgh defense swarms from many directions forcing the O to make fast reads and decisions. Troy Polamalu is without question the best Safety in the NFL. He allows the team to play high risk pressure football.

Yes Dante was out of sync with his WR's. He has played all of 1 game with them. You think training camp & practice is enough when there are so many new connections? HIs 1 and only game was against the defending Superbowl Champs playing at home.

IMO, the play calling could have helped him out by sticking with the run and keeping a balance.

Also, they need to use Chambers like the Vikes used Moss. TRUST him to get the ball when in single coverage; open or not.

Phanatical said:
I've always thought DC was way overrated. Did the Vikings ever get past the first round of the playoffs? How many times did they win their division? DC didn't look good in preseason, and he didn't look good yesterday. He missed easy throws, he threw some dangerous throws where he got lucky, and he choked when the Dolphins needed him most.

Frerotte didn't have a single game last year that was as bad as last nights game for DC.
GO PHINS~!
yeah, he got out of the first round twice

Phanatical said:

GO PHINS~!
1. Yes, Daunte lead the Vikings to the second round of the playoffs, and lost to the NFC Champions of 2004, Philladelphia Eagles.

2. I guess your right. Gus didn't have a game as bad as last night. Checked the stats and on Week 5, which was Gus' worse day, he had 3 INT's but 2 TD passes for 236 yards and 21 completed of 33 attempts against Buffalo.

If Harrington comes in (which he won't, unless daunte gets injuried) we might as well kiss the season goodbye.

pwn3dyo said:
If Harrington comes in (which he won't, unless daunte gets injuried) we might as well kiss the season goodbye.

yea cause Culpepper looked like hes leading us to the Super Bowl :rolleyes:

Slappy8800 said:
yea cause Culpepper looked like hes leading us to the Super Bowl :rolleyes:
You've got to be joking, right? Culpepper or Harrington and you choose Harrington? I won't question you as a Fan <removed>

[mod]Personal attacks are not allowed.[/mod]

culpepper is the starter cause he's better. the entire TEAM needs to play better not just cpep

Back
Top Bottom