Time to tighen the leash! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to tighen the leash!

Stevendinho said:
I was not impressed much in the preseason to begin with as far as Daunte is concerned, and I never thought he was much of a quarterback -- just made better by having super-phenom Randy Moss.

Following his performance against the Steelers I ask:
After how many months of practices has he participated in? How many preseason games did he participate in? Because you know what, the answer is obvious.

Culpepper was not in sync with his wideouts, he underthrew the ball several times, he's too tenative to run but too jittery to sit in the pocket, he's staring down receivers and not going through his progression (this goes back to working with Moss, where you only have to throw it to one guy).

In conclusion:

I start Culpepper in Week 2 on a SHORT leash. If he shows the same problems, I go to the righty. The interceptions by Palamalu and Porter were perfect examples of him staring down receivers and just simply being picked off. In the last second when we were first and goal and threw on three straight downs, he had a wide open Chambers, who he overthrew by at least 5 yards. Plays like this WILL and DID cost us the game.

If you want our opinions, Slappy and I will be at the next Dolphins game at the bar on Route 10 in EH. We'll be the guys with the PTI-esque Joey Harrington head cutouts.

you make the case the destroys your argument...he needs more reps ...

maybe you and Slappy should get a room together eh...sounds like muscrat love to me...:goof:

cnc66 said:
you make the case the destroys your argument...he needs more reps ...

maybe you and Slappy should get a room together eh...sounds like muscrat love to me...:goof:

way ahead of you...im usually the big spoon

Slappy8800 said:
way ahead of you...im usually the big spoon

figgered...you look pretty damned big for a ... butterface...is that we he said.. damned part timers... in Mary's pics... :goof:

If Culpepper plays exactly as he did against Pitt he will still start all 16 games. You will not see Joey unless Cpep gets hurt:dolphins:

This is so the example of the NOW generation! I want it now mommy! If he does not do everything perfect get rid of him. What the hell is wrong with you people. Pep played a hell of a game under the circumstances. He seemed very poised and ditched some defenders for what would have added to their sack count. He threw a beautiful pass to Welker after going through his progression. He drove down the field more than once and with a mediocre O-line at best. Pep is right on track. Yeah he threw two picks, but he played three and 1/4 quarters as good as anyone in his situation (coming back from the injury, rusty and surrounded by a new squad and coach) he will survive and come out victorious.

Stevendinho said:
I was not impressed much in the preseason to begin with as far as Daunte is concerned, and I never thought he was much of a quarterback -- just made better by having super-phenom Randy Moss.

Following his performance against the Steelers I ask:
After how many months of practices has he participated in? How many preseason games did he participate in? Because you know what, the answer is obvious.

Culpepper was not in sync with his wideouts, he underthrew the ball several times, he's too tenative to run but too jittery to sit in the pocket, he's staring down receivers and not going through his progression (this goes back to working with Moss, where you only have to throw it to one guy).

In conclusion: PATHETIC

I start Culpepper in Week 2 on a SHORT leash. If he shows the same problems, I go to the righty. The interceptions by Palamalu and Porter were perfect examples of him staring down receivers and just simply being picked off. In the last second when we were first and goal and threw on three straight downs, he had a wide open Chambers, who he overthrew by at least 5 yards. Plays like this WILL and DID cost us the game.

If you want our opinions, Slappy and I will be at the next Dolphins game at the bar on Route 10 in EH. We'll be the guys with the PTI-esque Joey Harrington head cutouts.
PATHETIC

Harrington wasnt playing the Super Bowl champs either. Daunte was nervous and its obvious. Im sure itll take him a little while for him to get in the swing of things. Stop with this Joey crap, sure I like what I saw in preseason but it was preseason. Dolphins are just gonna continue to get better as the season goes along youll see. Later in the year theyll all be at full speed dont worry......im not.

Last year it was Sam Madison.

This year it appears to be Daunte Culpepper.

No matter what happens in a game, a group of people always blame ONE player for a loss.

For everyone blaming Daunte for Thursday, get a copy of the game and WATCH it. Daunte was'nt playing defense, and they get all the blame for Thursday (I.M.O.).

pwn3dyo said:
As for blaming Joey for the situation in Detroit? I have no opinion on that. However, his teammates all blamed him. They must of had a reason.
They had two reasons, actually. The most important one was that the alternative would have been to admit they themselves sucked. The other one was, Steve Mariucci encouraged them to blame Harrington so he could get his boy Jeff installed as the starter.

Its the same **** every god damn year on this site.

If some of you guys ran the team we would start Harringtton this week and if we lost we would start Lemon the week after and if we lost we'd start Culpepper again and so on. We would be the biggest circus in the NFL. How would you guys feel if you had a bad day doing your job and your boss had someone else do it the next day. Give Daunte a chance, one game does not a seaon make.

Back
Top Bottom