Time to tighen the leash! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to tighen the leash!

marinotoclayton said:
One thing I was wondering was why didn't they throw as much to Wes Welker in second half. He was on fire. Instead of trying to force things to Chambers all the time in that half.

It looked like they were going to Welker on that last INT by Porter. They were just waiting to jump his route..... #&(&*@)&$*()

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatical

Frerotte didn't have a single game last year that was as bad as last nights game for DC.
GO PHINS~!

BlueSteelPhin said:
Cleveland 22, Dolphins 0

Ahem, sorry, that game wasn't on Frerotte, it was on Rosenfels. Rosenfels started the game and played for three quarters and threw 2 INT's. Frerotted played only the fourth quarter, while hurt, and didnt' throw any INT's or fumble the ball. They were already down 22-0 when Frerotte came into the game. Try again. :tongue:

Mcduffie81 said:
Harrington wasnt playing the Super Bowl champs either. Daunte was nervous and its obvious. Im sure itll take him a little while for him to get in the swing of things. Stop with this Joey crap, sure I like what I saw in preseason but it was preseason...
Harrington played the final game of 2005 on the road at Heinz Field. Stealers needed the game to secure home field - remember? JH marched right out and threw 3 TD's against that same blitzing D - Lions coulda won except - they are the Lions - and their Special Teams commited like 3 turnovers :shakeno:

Look - I am NOT saying yank C-Pepp after one game, that is ridiculous. The original poster here was trying to stir the pot... Daunte is our starting QB and I support him as long as the TEAM does.

There is no question he looked shaky in his 1st start and I do NOT believe he's near 100% ... which means he should improve over the next several games. We as fans should fully expect Daunte to perform well over these three relatively easy games. He should light things up!!

By Game 5 however if there is lack of progress / continued problems with Daunte turning the ball over ... especially if he's hurting the TEAM at critical times like he did at Pittsburg - then and ONLY then, would Saban and the Staff need to consider a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatical

Frerotte didn't have a single game last year that was as bad as last nights game for DC.
GO PHINS~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteelPhin
Cleveland 22, Dolphins 0

cnc66 said:
wasn't that a Sage game?

EXACTLY!!!!:tongue:

i dont know what game you harrington lovers were watching, daunte looked like one of the stronger points on the dolphins thursday night, he drove the ball down the field very well, yeah he had the 2 ints but at the time he was trying to make something happen after the play calling made the game one dimensional, like the packers last year, they had no running game and it was chuck the ball 40 times and natrually their are going to be picks

ronnie brown has to be used more, he needs to get the 25 carries a game, the guy was averaging 4.5 yards a carry, and you stop using him after 10 or 11 carries? the guy was starting to pick up good chunks of yards

if daunte plays like he did the first 3.5 quarters in buffalo the dolphins win next week

brandon1986 said:
..... like the packers last year, they had no running game and it was chuck the ball 40 times and natrually their are going to be picks

ronnie brown has to be used more, he needs to get the 25 carries a game, the guy was averaging 4.5 yards a carry, and you stop using him after 10 or 11 carries? the guy was starting to pick up good chunks of yards

if daunte plays like he did the first 3.5 quarters in buffalo the dolphins win next week

OK, which is it? You say the running game sucked to defend Culpepper, then you say the running game was working and we should have stuck with it.

It's not the first 3.5 quarters that we are worried about, it's the last .5

We need to start ignoring threads like this. This topic might be acceptable in week six if he has 1/3rd more interceptions than touchdowns at that point. At this point you are little more than a troll with a agenda. You knew what this post would cause and how it would get everybody up in arms and you posted it anyway. It is fine to feel the way you want to feel but it is rediculus to post this after he threw for nearly 300 yards in week one.

FinFan_Est.1984 said:
.... Pep is right on track. Yeah he threw two picks, but he played three and 1/4 quarters as good as anyone in his situation .....

Unfortunately, those two picks gave the steelers the win.

Once again... Lets go to the almighty back up because we lost against likely the best team in the league. Which we could've won... It wont be the only INT he throws this season. The lack of faith and patience is just awful. and frankly, wrong.
Makes you wonder if anyone has ever made mistakes at their job.

If Daunte continues to struggle, like he did in the end of the Pitt. game, how much longer until we bring in Harrington? Just to clarify, i'm comfortable with Cpep starting as of right now, just raising the 'what if' question. Surely we can't continue to start Cpep if he's still struggling into game 4 or 5, when we got a former #1 draft pick as a back up who played well in preseason.

KuD said:
If Daunte continues to struggle, like he did in the end of the Pitt. game, how much longer until we bring in Harrington? Just to clarify, i'm comfortable with Cpep starting as of right now, just raising the 'what if' question. Surely we can't continue to start Cpep if he's still struggling into game 4 or 5, when we got a former #1 draft pick as a back up who played well in preseason.

It was one game! Take it easy. You feel bad... why dont you ask Daunte.

Canadianfishfan said:
It was one game! Take it easy. You feel bad... why dont you ask Daunte.

KuD said:
Just to clarify, i'm comfortable with Cpep starting as of right now, just raising the 'what if' question.

I thought I had made it clear that i'm not worried about Daunte just yet. I said if it continues, when do we start thinking about bringing Harrington in. Believe me i'd love to see Culpepper succeed.

Stevendinho said:
I was not impressed much in the preseason to begin with as far as Daunte is concerned, and I never thought he was much of a quarterback -- just made better by having super-phenom Randy Moss.

Following his performance against the Steelers I ask:
After how many months of practices has he participated in? How many preseason games did he participate in? Because you know what, the answer is obvious.

Culpepper was not in sync with his wideouts, he underthrew the ball several times, he's too tenative to run but too jittery to sit in the pocket, he's staring down receivers and not going through his progression (this goes back to working with Moss, where you only have to throw it to one guy).

In conclusion:

I start Culpepper in Week 2 on a SHORT leash. If he shows the same problems, I go to the righty. The interceptions by Palamalu and Porter were perfect examples of him staring down receivers and just simply being picked off. In the last second when we were first and goal and threw on three straight downs, he had a wide open Chambers, who he overthrew by at least 5 yards. Plays like this WILL and DID cost us the game.

If you want our opinions, Slappy and I will be at the next Dolphins game at the bar on Route 10 in EH. We'll be the guys with the PTI-esque Joey Harrington head cutouts.

i understand your feelings and might agree with you, but Saban is going to ride him out. He will not start QB contoversy in fear of players blaming others.

Wow one bad game and everyone freaks out. Some of you really dont understand a thing.

Back
Top Bottom