Time to tighen the leash! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to tighen the leash!

cnc66 said:
figgered...you look pretty damned big for a ... butterface...is that we he said.. damned part timers... in Mary's pics... :goof:

hey i wanna see some pics!!

considering the defense he went against, with absolutely no running game. daunte played pretty well. those two ints were in large part because the defense played a safety net after scoring that 80 yard td and taking the lead. they knew hed have to force the ball to try to come back

Ahhh. I ignored everyone in this thread that called for Joey Harrington to be the starter. Now I don't ever have to read their idiotic posts again (in any thread, for that matter).

Smut Peddler said:
Ahhh. I ignored everyone in this thread that called for Joey Harrington to be the starter. Now I don't ever have to read their idiotic posts again (in any thread, for that matter).

good then u wont see me call you names

Phanatical said:
Unfortunately, those two picks gave the steelers the win.

It goes both ways.
Those 2 picks might have sealed the victory for the Steelers, but would they even have needed them if Daunte wasn't playing the rest of the game.

If JH is in, maybe we dont turn the ball over in the 4th (given his history I would think he would have AT LEAST 2 picks though).
BUT, if JH is in, maybe we also don't score the points we did.

yankeehillbilly said:
It goes both ways.
Those 2 picks might have sealed the victory for the Steelers, but would they even have needed them if Daunte wasn't playing the rest of the game.

If JH is in, maybe we dont turn the ball over in the 4th (given his history I would think he would have AT LEAST 2 picks though)...
Given who's history - Harrington? He has HALF as many picks per game as Culpepper going back the entire 2005. Trend continues here. That's mainly the concern. Most everyone knows Daunte has nice gaudy stats from 3 years ago... his history of turnovers is the issue here. Not just picks but fumbles also.

Every QB throws a pick now and then. I fully expect Daunte to bounce back and have a strong game this week. At some point Harrington gets a shot with the Dolphins ... I don't know why or how, next week or in 10 weeks. My gut feeling is Joey will see some PT sooner or later.

clear.gif

Stevendinho said:
I was not impressed much in the preseason to begin with as far as Daunte is concerned, and I never thought he was much of a quarterback -- just made better by having super-phenom Randy Moss.

Following his performance against the Steelers I ask:
After how many months of practices has he participated in? How many preseason games did he participate in? Because you know what, the answer is obvious.

Culpepper was not in sync with his wideouts, he underthrew the ball several times, he's too tenative to run but too jittery to sit in the pocket, he's staring down receivers and not going through his progression (this goes back to working with Moss, where you only have to throw it to one guy).

In conclusion:

I start Culpepper in Week 2 on a SHORT leash. If he shows the same problems, I go to the righty. The interceptions by Palamalu and Porter were perfect examples of him staring down receivers and just simply being picked off. In the last second when we were first and goal and threw on three straight downs, he had a wide open Chambers, who he overthrew by at least 5 yards. Plays like this WILL and DID cost us the game.

If you want our opinions, Slappy and I will be at the next Dolphins game at the bar on Route 10 in EH. We'll be the guys with the PTI-esque Joey Harrington head cutouts.

No, I don't want any more opinions from you. Internet silence would be preferable. What you're touting is a recipe for disaster. Thank god no one but Dolphin nerds like me read this nonsense. If you put Culpepper on a short leash, short drops, no deep routes, etc., other teams will see that in a heartbeat, and start jumping routes and clogging throwing lanes. What we need is our offensive line to open running lanes so that teams can't sit on our passing game. Even though Culpepper played poorly, he did not cost us the game.

Back
Top Bottom