Titans Finnegan Says Dolphins Offense Is Too Transparent | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Titans Finnegan Says Dolphins Offense Is Too Transparent

That may be so, but the O executed today and tore up that Titans secondary.

I will give Finnegan some respect because he shut down Marshall all game, but we got the best of them today.

Henning is gone at the end of the year, book it!

Henning went to far more 3,4 and 5 wide sets in this game. I really like the game he called today. Sure he has been pretty bad this year and we could not run the ball today so we didn't really have a choice but it's a start. I hope we see more spread offense this year.

Henning went to far more 3,4 and 5 wide sets in this game. I really like the game he called today. Sure he has been pretty bad this year and we could not run the ball today so we didn't really have a choice but it's a start. I hope we see more spread offense this year.

I liked the look with Marshall, Bess, Hartline, Fasano, and Cobbs out wide. Bess and Cobbs in the slot are a tough cover for any team. Cobbs is a very underrated pass catcher. Dude runs great routes. I give Henning props for that, but he still needs to go at the end of the year.

Thigpen stepped in and hit Marshall on a nice route. Let's see what happens on Thursday.

I'm as done with Henning as anyone but let's not make too much of this. For smart, experienced veterans, being able to shout out the play before it happens based on formation isn't out of the ordinary. Zach Thomas did that all the time, even against Peyton Manning and the Colts. The players on our team say Crowder does it now.

The problem with Henning's offense isn't so much that it's predictable, it's that it's awful. Awful in design, awful in play calling and awfully unsuited to our talent.

The 5 wide set Henning used with Henne to create spacing at levels did wonders for Henne. What a suprise.

Henning called a great game today, you people are crazy, its like you latch onto something and regardless of the facts it always comes back to Henning sucks..... he called a good game today doesnt mean he should have a job next yr but give him credit when he deserves it.....

I think we will, with Thiggy in there with the good foot movement with the ability to run, I think we might have something here.......

Henning called a great game today, you people are crazy, its like you latch onto something and regardless of the facts it always comes back to Henning sucks..... he called a good game today doesnt mean he should have a job next yr but give him credit when he deserves it.....

Henning called a more aggressive game than usual today. If you're calling that "great" it only reinforces the fact that for the rest of this season he's been "bad."

The more aggressive offensive playcalling combined with the fake punt in my opinion point to an edict of some kind from Sparano to his coaches to let things fly. The fake punt was a stupidly bad call -- whether we had made it or not -- but opening up the offense is a necessary first step to being anything even resembling good.

Say what you will about our O, when you lose by 2 scores you should probably not talk any crap.

Cobbs suck, but that just tells you about the rest of our receivers - crap.
Bess and Marshall = crap? Cobbs has always been known to be able to catch the ball well.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Say what you will about our O, when you lose by 2 scores you should probably not talk any crap.
"When you win say little, when you lose say less"- Tony Dungy's Mama

Henning called a more aggressive game than usual today. If you're calling that "great" it only reinforces the fact that for the rest of this season he's been "bad."

The more aggressive offensive playcalling combined with the fake punt in my opinion point to an edict of some kind from Sparano to his coaches to let things fly. The fake punt was a stupidly bad call -- whether we had made it or not -- but opening up the offense is a necessary first step to being anything even resembling good.

Imagine if they were aggressive from day one. Just Imagine the results

Alas we get an offense that has Henne being ultra conservative and scared to make mistakes.

Interesting thread and some interesting posts as well.

Agree that Henning called his best game of the season today. Agree that Henne took advantage of it (although he still had very "Henne" like production before going down). Agree the Henning needs to go after this season.

Back
Top Bottom