Titans Finnegan Says Dolphins Offense Is Too Transparent | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Titans Finnegan Says Dolphins Offense Is Too Transparent

EXACTLY. I don't understand why Henning doesn't run fades with corner/post-corner/deep dig routes to attack the cover 2 aggressively. He wants to work what the defense gives him instead of FORCING the defense to react to him. Its pretty annoying. Today he finally decided to ATTACK the cover 2 and we scored 29 points.

yes but perhaps this is a by-product of the fact they admittedly DIDNT EXPECT TO SEE THE SHELL DEFENSE THEY SAW TODAY. even tho theyve seen it all year. which means the had plays installed this week to attack other looks

Because he's a limited football player who can't catch... and also because he's a selfless player who takes on blocks to free up others.

hes a MIDDLE LINEBACKER who exactly is he "taking on blocks" for so they can make plays??????? our safeties???? what kind of sense does THAT make????

his JOB is to SHED blocks AND MAKE PLAYS not "take on blocks". HE is the one supposed to be MAKING PLAYS. the defensive line takes on blocks FOR HIM. he doesnt make plays and his tackle numbers the last two years are poor as well. it a position that needs to be up-graded on defense

The Tyrannosaurus remains as predictable as a nun in a pickle patch. Don't be misled by a few deviations- even my grandfather had several surprising glimpses of clarity peek through the fog of his Alzheimers towards the end.

LMAO a nun in a pickle-patch???? fricken hilarious vaark

yes but perhaps this is a by-product of the fact they admittedly DIDNT EXPECT TO SEE THE SHELL DEFENSE THEY SAW TODAY. even tho theyve seen it all year. which means the had plays installed this week to attack other looks

They might not have expected it, but there's absolutely no excuse for them have not to. Every other team this year except the Jets has played cover two (aka, two deep shell) against us pretty much the whole game. It's no exaggeration to say it's the very definition of insanity for them to have expected any different.

Then again, this is Dan Henning we're talking about.

"Look at me I stopped Marshall" In case you forgot mister. finnegan, fasano 5 rec for 107 yards, hartline 5 for 98. Guess he forgot to look into their eyes. Maybe he should teach the other dbs to read offenses rather then rabble about them.

hes a MIDDLE LINEBACKER who exactly is he "taking on blocks" for so they can make plays??????? our safeties???? what kind of sense does THAT make????

his JOB is to SHED blocks AND MAKE PLAYS not "take on blocks". HE is the one supposed to be MAKING PLAYS. the defensive line takes on blocks FOR HIM. he doesnt make plays and his tackle numbers the last two years are poor as well. it a position that needs to be up-graded on defense

There's more than one inside linebacker. The strong side guy -- who is generally also play side -- is supposed to take on the first guy who comes at him, allowing the other players to scrape and fill. Depending on the scheme, that very well might be a safety (I believe Yeremiah Bell had like 8 tackles today), but generally speaking in this defense it's Karlos Dansby.

I agree it's high time we looked to replace Crowder, even though his fellow players love him, the coaches love him and the defense plays appreciably better when he's in there. They made an attempt to replace him on passing downs this year with the drafting of Edds. But yeah, he's a limited player. As hoops points out, his angles of pursuit are not always the best, though even very, very good linebackers take poor angles of pursuit on more plays than you'd think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anyone not aware that Henning blows? He'll "retire" at the end of the year. Wish it could be sooner though. Don't know why a career of failure like his gets to end on its own terms.

No No the Offense's shortcomings is Henne.......even when hes not on the field.....dont listen to an opposing player

Three minutes of my life wasted on this thread. Finnegan is full of it.

Is there anyone not aware that Henning blows? He'll "retire" at the end of the year. Wish it could be sooner though. Don't know why a career of failure like his gets to end on its own terms.

Because his friends are looking out for him, instead of doing what's best for the team. Any other organization he would have been fired weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom