TMZ: Xavien Howard accused of repeated abuse (911 Call) (Same Incidient) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TMZ: Xavien Howard accused of repeated abuse (911 Call) (Same Incidient)

Hmmm.....

I would suspect it has more to do with upbringing, and the economic situation growing up, as opposed to their current economic status.

Of course that's a factor -- but my point is NFL centric

When it comes to sexual abuse most research have come to the conclusion that only 2-8% of acusers where actually false claims... This is really not the same thing but either way, my first instinct is to believe the accuser... I really have no logical reason for it, its certainly not about race or the fact he's a pro athlete... I truly dont know. What Im really saying is in thse situations, I will keep my feelings to myself until more info is available, but I wont **** on anyone for having an initial opinion either way, unless it looks to be for obvious immoral bias...
I wouldn't consider this "sexual abuse". Perhaps that's not what you meant?

:lol:

There's been studies done. I don't have to back up ****. You're the one who made the accusation. You prove it. I'm curious how you came to that conclusion.
Clearly, my post was OPINION.

Yours was stated as fact. If you can't see the difference, IDK what to tell you.

Have a great afternoon.

Maybe I didnt express myself correctly. I started my 2nd sentence with "this is really not the same thing". I was responding to a post that mentionned the #metoo twitter handle, which I believe is about abuse... Might be wrong there also, dont follow twitter very much.

I believe we overestimate the amount of false claims generally anyway, I have no facts to back it up though. I think false claims get more media exposure than true claims, which might skew our view of reality.

Maybe I didnt epress myself correctly. I started my 2nd sentence with "this is really not the same thing". I was responding to a post that mentionned the #metoo twitter handle, which I believe is about abuse... Might be wrong there also, dont follow twitter very much.

I believe we overestimate the amount of false claims generally anyway, I have no facts to back it up though. I think false claims get more media exposure than true claims, which might skew our view of reality.
I would agree.

There is no question in my mind that there are far more incidents that go completely unreported, than are falsely reported.

Perhaps I'm making things too emotional, or personal. If so, it is because I have had female friends that ended up hospitalized, beaten black and blue.

Here you go. It is actually a bit lower that the overall rate nationally, but close enough to say there isn't a symptomatic difference.

Whoops. Okay that's embarrassing. My bad. I got caught up in the arguments in this thread and thought you were saying the exact opposite in that first post.

Reading is fundamental. :bobdole:

Whoops. Okay that's embarrassing. My bad. I got caught up in the arguments in this thread and thought you were saying the exact opposite in that first post.

Reading is fundamental. :bobdole:
Did you think I was saying NFL players have a higher # per capita?

My point was that, it happens in all walks of life, and I've never seen evidence that it was endemic to any particular social, or income level, moreso than any other.

So if I’ve read it right howard is a $17.5 mil cap hit if cut prior to June 1st

What about forfeiture of guaranteed money for conduct detrimental? He had 27M guaranteed at signing but it could get wiped away....No?

Did you think I was saying NFL players have a higher # per capita?

My point was that, it happens in all walks of life, and I've never seen evidence that it was endemic to any particular social, or income level, moreso than any other.

Yes. Didn't realize that you were agreeing with me at first.

I have the urge to go into some political stance here regarding that whoever shouts the loudest gets believed these days....but I thought better of it. If they find he hurt her, I hope they hang him from a yardarm. BUT, I also think anyone that makes a false accusation regardless of gender, should be stoned to death in the mall parking lot.

Or the third option . . . neither budge from their defense, but there's not enough evidence to confirm either story.

Let's assume, for sake of discussion, X is found guilty of a crime at some level. Is there any history linking type of crime to length of suspension? That is, to set extremes, X is found guilty of 'grabbing her arm' vs. 'a confirmed history of physical abuse.' What is the range of suspension?

Let's assume, for sake of discussion, X is found guilty of a crime at some level. Is there any history linking type of crime to length of suspension? That is, to set extremes, X is found guilty of 'grabbing her arm' vs. 'a confirmed history of physical abuse.' What is the range of suspension?
The NFL suspension "policy" has always seemed a bit random to me, but then again, they are probably privy to a much more detailed account, than the general public.

I know a lot of plea deals incude "gag" orders or sealed records.

Back
Top Bottom