TMZ: Xavien Howard accused of repeated abuse (911 Call) (Same Incidient) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TMZ: Xavien Howard accused of repeated abuse (911 Call) (Same Incidient)

I work in the field with abuse victims and perps. For the most part this behaviour is a pattern of controlling or aggressive behaviour. I don’t know if he is innocent, it’s possible, but more often than not, a significant percentage of the times that these allegations occur, it is true. Generally speaking for the victim it is a truly emotionally sensitive issue, where they don’t want their name dragged through the mud, it is a source of shame etc.. not that it doesn’t happen, but it takes a special kind of manipulator to lie about such a scenario. A good example is Kobe Bryant. His defence team ensured that they shamed the then 19 year old victim that she refused to testify and charges were dropped. No one really seems to remember that though with our perverse hero worship of athletes.
I hope X is innocent, I really do, but it is very unlikely

What percentage of cases have you worked involving a multi-millionaire and and a girlfriend who found out that a pocketbook wasn't bought for her?

Never underestimate the depths a scorned woman will sink. I know this from experience, so much that I'm behind legislation that forces an investigation and jail time for the man of true, and the woman if not true.

at this point if Howard has been found guilty then he should face punishment legally and in the NFL. He dug his own grave and if he wants to be a piece of garbage, I'm not gonna lose sleep when punishment is delivered

He's already guilty in your eyes. You don't have to bother with what you typed. It's not hard to read between the lines.

As far as how if affects the offseason, I expect Miami to take a corner really early maybe now in the 1st round.

Look at the research regarding this and you’ll know why... I don’t disagree with you as he could be innocent... just highly unlikely
I would love for you to point me in a direction where there is a peer reviewed study that shows that generalized accusations are "highly likely" to be true.

Eh, since the dawn of man, normal practice has always been to look the other way when a man smacks his wife around. I'm glad we are finally moving away from that barbaric thinking. I think women should be given the benefit of doubt over men in these types of situation. Chances are a hell of a lot greater that the man is guilty rather than not.
A good friend of mine just had felony charges brought against him because he was caught cheating by his girlfriend at the time, they got in an argument and he decided it was time to move out and leave. She chased him to his car and fell down the stairs doing so. She fell on her own but she made up a story to the police that he threw her down the stairs. It wasn't until he got a copy of the apartment complex's security tapes and proved his innocence that he was able to finally look his friends and family in the face again. In fact a lot of people STILL believe he did it though he has proven he hasn't. So no, I don't give anyone "benefit of the doubt". Prove it.

Though I will say, if he did this...I have lost a considerable amount of respect for this man. Fair to say he will never have my respect again if proven guilty.

Last edited:
I get your point and I agree, hahaha, but come now, where there is smoke for the most part there is fire. These NFL types just cannot behave and act like a normal American citizen.
I doubt that the "rate" of domestic abuse is any higher among NFL players, than the general public.

This 100%!!!
Like wtf is going on here? You would think X was caught on video punching the woman! Nobody here is privy to the entire story so why jump off a cliff to conclusions??
It's only opinion.

Most ppl choose to err on the side of caution where this type of alleged behavior is concerned.

I doubt that the "rate" of domestic abuse is any higher among NFL players, than the general public.

I‘m sure you’re right. It’s just that we look in the bubble of the NFL and that’s all we see. I think it’s just hard for the fan to accept this from these players because they make a crap load of money and they are catered to and should thank their lucky stars they live that life. Not too mention we pay for this form of entertainment and we want better from these spoiled brats

If true, then I truly wish him the absolute worst in life. But that's a big if. Don't know the facts.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're together again soon enough though. Seen this story too many times.

That's an in interesting statement and you may be (???) correct

tho of course the high viability of PRO athletes definitely skews

the perception... That said I'd still be inclined to believe the PRO

athletes are a bit more abusive due to associated factors such as

money / power trips and just being "dominant" in general.

BNF

That's an in interesting statement and you may be (???) correct

tho of course the high viability of PRO athletes definitely skews

the perception... That said I'd still be inclined to believe the PRO

athletes are a bit more abusive due to associated factors such as

money / power trips and just being "dominant" in general.

BNF
Hmmm.....

I would suspect it has more to do with upbringing, and the economic situation growing up, as opposed to their current economic status.

It's only opinion.

Most ppl choose to err on the side of caution where this type of alleged behavior is concerned.
HEHEHE!!!!!!! Yep......run to the aid of the Fair Maiden!!!!!!

Johnny Depp was automatically guilty in public court. Media drug him. He lost work. It's proven through audio that the woman was the abuser. Now some media is saying we need to wait for the facts and nobody knows the whole story. The double standard for this crap is sickening.

Back
Top Bottom