TMZ: Xavien Howard accused of repeated abuse (911 Call) (Same Incidient) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TMZ: Xavien Howard accused of repeated abuse (911 Call) (Same Incidient)

Just from a football standpoint doesn’t appear to be any pr nightmare smoking gun video for the media to chew the nfl a new one over. I’d think if there was it would be released by now.

that should play into x’s favor in terms of potential punishment length

You've. got. to. be. kidding. me.

Wooooooooooow the luck of this team, dude. I'm blown away.

Why the fk do guys abuse women? I mean, as long as she's not an MMA fighter coming at you with murderous intent, what de hell are you thinking? It's not in my DNA, dude. I just don't get it.

A lot of fans are jealous of athletes and the money they make. This is an excuse to pile on for some.

I get your point and I agree, hahaha, but come now, where there is smoke for the most part there is fire. These NFL types just cannot behave and act like a normal American citizen.

I get your point and I agree, hahaha, but come now, where there is smoke for the most part there is fire. These NFL types just cannot behave and act like a normal American citizen.

I also think we tend to overreact when we hear these aligations agaonst an athlete. If one of your neighbors grabbed his wives arm or if a woman grabbed her husbands arm would we really respond the same? Or for that matter if a parent grabs a teens arm pins him against the wall and tells him to calm down, is that now not only child abuse but something that suggest the child is in danger and needs to be removed from the home. And lets not forget that she was the heated party in the exchange, upset after she foundout he bought something for another woman. Once all the details come it could be very bad news for Howard, but just what we have right now is just a ripple in a pond, not a giant wave.

I also think we tend to overreact when we hear these aligations agaonst an athlete. If one of your neighbors grabbed his wives arm or if a woman grabbed her husbands arm would we really respond the same? Or for that matter if a parent grabs a teens arm pins him against the wall and tells him to calm down, is that now not only child abuse but something that suggest the child is in danger and needs to be removed from the home. And lets not forget that she was the heated party in the exchange, upset after she foundout he bought something for another woman. Once all the details come it could be very bad news for Howard, but just what we have right now is just a ripple in a pond, not a giant wave.
While Im not ready to draw any conclusions yet... a 911 call ususally means someone felt in some sort of danger...

I have never understood why any man would ever lay a hand on a woman. He is certainly entitled to his day in court but if it is determined that he in fact was guilty in any way, I would have no problem at all with the Dolphins just cutting him.

TMZ just reporting that they got their hands on the actual 911 report and during the call his girlfriend said there's been a pattern of abuse. We shall have to wait and see how it all plays out. As people have said abusive behavior often becomes a pattern, but every pattern has to have an isolated initial event. But at the moment the extent of the abuse reported is he held his girlfriends arms against wall mirrow and when he let go she fell. One thing to point out is she seemed pretty upset and concerned and not like she was trying to protect Howard or cover up anything, so it's unlikely that the incident in question involved anything more than he grabbed her arms. No actual hitting, kicking, slapping or threatening statements.

Hmmm, the investigation should be interesting.....my initial reaction is it sounds like two people (she was upset over another woman) being very very immature and foolish. Hopefully, this will be a painful lesson learned and prevent any continuation on his part.

There are always 3 sides to every story, his side, her side, and the truth. I'll wait for the conclusions of the investigation.

I'm not saying he's not an abusive person, but why do you think he's likely an abusive person? Are we at the point where in abuse cases not only are you considered guilty unless you can prove the claim is false, but you're also guilty of being a patterned abuser because if it happened once it has had to have happened multiple times. Again I'm not saying he's not guilty, I have no idea, but it seems like we're getting to the point that all it takes is the alligation and the person is convicted of that incident and much more in the public eye.
I work in the field with abuse victims and perps. For the most part this behaviour is a pattern of controlling or aggressive behaviour. I don’t know if he is innocent, it’s possible, but more often than not, a significant percentage of the times that these allegations occur, it is true. Generally speaking for the victim it is a truly emotionally sensitive issue, where they don’t want their name dragged through the mud, it is a source of shame etc.. not that it doesn’t happen, but it takes a special kind of manipulator to lie about such a scenario. A good example is Kobe Bryant. His defence team ensured that they shamed the then 19 year old victim that she refused to testify and charges were dropped. No one really seems to remember that though with our perverse hero worship of athletes.
I hope X is innocent, I really do, but it is very unlikely

Due process is a thing. Innocent until proven guilty always seems to fly out the window when a woman accuses a guy of these kinds of things.
Look at the research regarding this and you’ll know why... I don’t disagree with you as he could be innocent... just highly unlikely

Back
Top Bottom