TMZ: Xavien Howard accused of repeated abuse (911 Call) (Same Incidient) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TMZ: Xavien Howard accused of repeated abuse (911 Call) (Same Incidient)

I work in the field with abuse victims and perps. For the most part this behaviour is a pattern of controlling or aggressive behaviour. I don’t know if he is innocent, it’s possible, but more often than not, a significant percentage of the times that these allegations occur, it is true. Generally speaking for the victim it is a truly emotionally sensitive issue, where they don’t want their name dragged through the mud, it is a source of shame etc.. not that it doesn’t happen, but it takes a special kind of manipulator to lie about such a scenario. A good example is Kobe Bryant. His defence team ensured that they shamed the then 19 year old victim that she refused to testify and charges were dropped. No one really seems to remember that though with our perverse hero worship of athletes.
I hope X is innocent, I really do, but it is very unlikely
That was my initial reaction, you'd think that most of the time there are these allegations, they'd be true. Instances where they arent are bound to make the news in a more impactful way IMO, which might make it appear like it happens more frequently than it actually does, in a relative way.

Either way, while we clearly dont have enough info to lean one way or the other, it still doesnt look good...

Gotta love the court of popular opinion around here. Why don't we let the guy get actually proven guilty first.

It’s absolutely ridiculous. Making the man guitly without any due process. That woman could very well be toxic and emotionally abusive her self. And no doubt she has significant financial interests. Remember their argument that night reportedly stemmed from a money situation...Enough said

Maybe one day you'll be falsely accused of something while everyone who wasn't there jumps the gun and calls you a criminal. I'm sure you'll appreciate it.

Yeah it’s gotta hurt if he is innocent no doubt.... however Way more often than not it’s the entitled athlete that’s at fault rather than the accuser.... unfortunately this comes with fame where people get to weigh in...but for fans it’s not just the criminal allegations but it’s all the bullshit that goes with it and the optics.... as a fan it’s tiring seeing these situations pop up every so often

Due process is a thing. Innocent until proven guilty always seems to fly out the window when a woman accuses a guy of these kinds of things.
Eh, since the dawn of man, normal practice has always been to look the other way when a man smacks his wife around. I'm glad we are finally moving away from that barbaric thinking. I think women should be given the benefit of doubt over men in these types of situation. Chances are a hell of a lot greater that the man is guilty rather than not.

NFL won't care if the DA doesn't charge him.

If his fiancee/wife wants to talk to the NFL about the incident painting X in a bad way, they can slap him with the 6 game suspension even if there's no criminal charges. That is if the investigators think he did abuse her.

This isn’t a court of law, or a jury box. Nor is life conducted in that way. If a woman says to me, “that man abused me,” I’m not required to say, “well, I’d like to believe you, but I can’t until we have a trial.” Guilt beyond a reasonable doubt is required only when criminal charges are at issue— that’s it.

This woman is alleging that X uses financial pressure to keep her quiet about physical abuse. I’m not required to disbelieve her until trial. Just because he plays football, and for the Dolphins, doesn’t make him more credible than her. You may choose to believe him; that’s your right. But you’re not in any better position than the person that chooses to believe her.

Eh, since the dawn of man, normal practice has always been to look the other way when a man smacks his wife around. I'm glad we are finally moving away from that barbaric thinking. I think women should be given the benefit of doubt over men in these types of situation. Chances are a hell of a lot greater that the man is guilty rather than not.

Nice post! Cheers Brother

I work in the field with abuse victims and perps. For the most part this behaviour is a pattern of controlling or aggressive behaviour. I don’t know if he is innocent, it’s possible, but more often than not, a significant percentage of the times that these allegations occur, it is true. Generally speaking for the victim it is a truly emotionally sensitive issue, where they don’t want their name dragged through the mud, it is a source of shame etc.. not that it doesn’t happen, but it takes a special kind of manipulator to lie about such a scenario. A good example is Kobe Bryant. His defence team ensured that they shamed the then 19 year old victim that she refused to testify and charges were dropped. No one really seems to remember that though with our perverse hero worship of athletes.
I hope X is innocent, I really do, but it is very unlikely

Instead of using any other example you use the one of a guy who's body isn't even cold and who's family and friends are still freshly morning?
What field did you say you were in again?

I'm lost, guilty until proven other-wise in some cases and innocent until proven guilty in others/
Is that the standard you're proposing?

Further, How does that work when we have "enforces of the law", "makers of the law", "Interpreters of the law" who themselves have allegations and previous questionable actions?

To those who think he's guitly let me ask this: If he had abused her in the past, why did she suddenly call the police here, where the alleged act was simply grabbing her arms and then she falls? Surely "abuse" is something more harmful than that no? Yet this relatively tame event is what made her call the police but not any prior abuse? Does that make any sense?

Last edited:
Also not sure where people are getting their facts when they say most of the time the accused is guilty. I worked as a criminal defense attorney for a few years. My evidence is anecdotal yes and has left me somewhat biased (though I was never naive enough to think all or even most of my clients were innocent) but I probably saw a fairly even split between true DV accusations and women who were either clearly lying or later got caught up in their lies.

Last edited:
This isn’t a court of law, or a jury box. Nor is life conducted in that way. If a woman says to me, “that man abused me,” I’m not required to say, “well, I’d like to believe you, but I can’t until we have a trial.” Guilt beyond a reasonable doubt is required only when criminal charges are at issue— that’s it.

This woman is alleging that X uses financial pressure to keep her quiet about physical abuse. I’m not required to disbelieve her until trial. Just because he plays football, and for the Dolphins, doesn’t make him more credible than her. You may choose to believe him; that’s your right. But you’re not in any better position than the person that chooses to believe her.

There is a healthy tension in the law. Any person reporting being a victim of a crime should be believed to the extent a thorough investigation is completed - not dismissed out of hand. OTOH, this country is "innocent until proven guilty." Sadly, there are times when the evidence is inconclusive. The best anyone can say is neither the victim nor accused should be ignored nor blamed because of "usually" or IMO. In this case, to date, the public doesn't know enough to draw any conclusions.
As for X, I don't know enough about NFL protocol to make any predictions. Is an accusation enough to trigger a suspension? Will an out of court settlement trigger a suspension? Does the type of crime influence the number of games suspended?

God damn it X, it's OK though learn from it and move on.

This team needs X if we are to compete in 2020 and beyond really, he won't be easy to replace.

I hate these situations period, I had a case like this in my time in baseball with a player within the organization. The terrible thing is we are in such a hyperactive super fast paced informational world nothing ever plays out; you get bombarded with every piece of evidence without context to the situation as a whole. There are so many angles people will play, everything is he said she said and tbh this is one of the most difficult and time consuming processes of collecting information and putting together the story. Sad thing is the NFL has dropped the ball on punishment and precedence as far as cases like this go, so this will be a tremendous amount of negative attention as it should but people will question "How will the NFL handle THIS one?".

A man should never abuse a woman...ever..end of story. And I will always hold the same opinion of men who abuse women, they are scum. But nothing has been proven here, so far they are allegations. And honestly I am proud of the way Miami is handling this, not a peep outside of the press conference questions. Shows there is control within the staff and FO as a whole. This will be handled and dealt with in the proper way that I have no doubt.

For those who worry about the money he is being paid or cap hits etc etc, contracts are built for contingencies like this. Money is voided under these clauses and amendments; even guaranteed money. There is a long way to go in this whole process, dont blow your steam on day 1.

Last edited:
at this point if Howard has been found guilty then he should face punishment legally and in the NFL. He dug his own grave and if he wants to be a piece of garbage, I'm not gonna lose sleep when punishment is delivered

Back
Top Bottom