To Trade, Or Not To Trade X | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To Trade, Or Not To Trade X

Mach2

Never go full Colin Cowherd........
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I was just watching Xs and Omar, and they were discussing the wisdom of trading X, for a #1 + possibly more, with the intention of using that capital to move up for a QB, presumably in 2020.

I'm on the fence with that philosophy.

What say you Phinhaven?

I honestly can't think of a bigger mistake than trading X.

Maybe trading LT would be bigger, but I don't think so

I just don't believe in trading your cornerstone talent for picks. That's me

Your gonna trade X to get a pick and then what? Spend that pick trying to replace X?

I was just watching Xs and Omar, and they were discussing the wisdom of trading X, for a #1 + possibly more, with the intention of using that capital to move up for a QB, presumably in 2020. I'm on the fence with that philosophy. What say you Phinhaven?

X is going to be a force for years to come, but if he's already talking about being the highest paid corner in the league then the Fins could have a real problem when they try to sign. The only way you trade him is if you believe he's not worth giving him the $$$ he wants.

Basically the Raiders approach.

I don’t think you could get a 1st for X and I don’t personally like the approach. The Raiders traded Mack because they literally had to. Rumor was the owner didn’t have enough cash to stock away the GTD portion of a Mack contract.

Everyone says we need a defense to support our future QB, whoever that is.

Well, let’s build one.

Geeze the draft is such a poop shoot. We keep trading our best players for draft picks and then complain why we have all those scrubs on our roster. Wow wonder why.

Trade him if you can get a first round pick IMO. No sense in having the highest paid CB in the league on a tanking team. If he was in the 12 mil range I would say re sign him now but 16+ for a guy who is solid but missed 25% of his games in his first 3 seasons seems a little stupid to pay him Patrick Peterson money aka HOF’r money

X is going to be a force for years to come, but if he's already talking about being the highest paid corner in the league then the Fins could have a real problem when they try to sign. The only way you trade him is if you believe he's not worth giving him the $$$ he wants.
One of the points the Hydester was making was that its, in his opinion, 3 years away from being competitive regardless, and that is assuring you of getting the QB you want. I guess, so would posting a 1-15 record.

Still on the fence. I have to believe the idea keeps Grier awake at night.

Trade him if you can get a first round pick IMO. No sense in having the highest paid CB in the league on a tanking team. If he was in the 12 mil range I would say re sign him now but 16+ for a guy who is solid but missed 25% of his games in his first 3 seasons seems a little stupid to pay him Patrick Peterson money aka HOF’r money

No sense at getting rid of all of your talent if you're eventually trying to be good again. No guarantee the pick you get for him will amount to anything. That's why it's stupid to trade proven players for picks.

Miami would absolutely get at least a first round pick for X.

Should they do it? **** no

Probably would get a 1st round pick but absolutely get one? idk about that...didn't marcus peters get traded for a 4th and a 2nd? Peters was a 2 X pro bowl and 2 time all pro CB. His stock was significantly higher than Howards.

Back
Top Bottom